Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If your looking to start making music - look & drool

It's $1600 but zzsounds have them at $1300.

There is another version without a zip drive i think.

rekamtih, yeh i do but i don't have time to work with anybody else at the moment.. me and my boy have been working on a project for the last 6 months. It's just begining to come together.

you can get it for $1249 (with free shipping) at 8thstreet.com

also if you go to tokyo you can get it for $600-800 (can't remember exactly) it'll almost pay for your plane ticket.

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Anybody used one yet? The vocoder is an inspired idea.

ROLSP808EX.jpg

The SP808EX combines a sophisticated phrase sampler with a digital multitrack recorder, a comprehensive effects unit, and some trick time-stretching functions into a complete production studio for sampling musicians, remixers, broadcasters and DJs.

Record onto any of 4 stereo audio tracks. Trigger your samples from the 16 assignable pads; those pads have 64 banks of memory behind them. Put your mic or guitar through the multi-effects unit, or fire up the 10-band Vocoder. Change the timbre, pitch, even gender of your voice with the Voice Transformer, and use the Mic simulator to evoke the tone of many of the world's rarest and most expensive microphones.

There's automatic tempo calculation, and timestretch functions to allow you to "tweeze" your samples into beats that might not at first be a proper fit. Use the dual D-beam controllers that use hand movement over infra-red light for a unique performance, or unique control.

The SP808EX has a translucent case like that popular computer, very chic, and oh-so-modern!

Features:

Remix-oriented phrase sampler/digital multitrack recorder with 4 stereo audio tracks and 16 assignable pads per bank (64 banks total).

Futuristic translucent design.

Larger 250 MB Zip drive for expanded sampling/multi-track recording time.

New vocal and guitar multi-effects, 10-band vocoder, Voice Transformer and Mic Simulator, plus dozens of DJ-oriented groove effects.

Automatic tempo calculation, resampling and timestretch functions.

Innovative dual D-Beam* controller for triggering samples or built-in synth via hand movement over infared beam of light.

Three assignable control knobs for tweaking Isolator, filter or other effect parameters.

Optional SP808-OP1 and -OP2 expansion boards for expanded I/O and SCSI.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF