Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jet Li VS. Bruce Lee

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

Bruce Lee is really Unbelievable, not taking anything away from Jet Li. Lets not forget jackie Chan who Bruce Lee was quoted as saying once is the only man that can fit his(BL) shoes. Speed and accuracy!JMO

Jackie is bad ass but he makes all those corny B movies filmed in Australia.

I think both Jet Li and Bruce Lee studied at Shaolin Temple so their skills are probably pretty comparable. Personally though, I'd have to go with Jet Li. I LOVE his "Once Upon a Time in Little China" series. Wong Feihong ~ another favorite, and then all those other movies like the Chinese version of Bodyguard. What I like best about Jet Li (and hollywood hasn't really showcased this yet) is his blend of acting ability and martial arts skills. I think he's a great comic actor, even better than Jackie Chang. Hopefully we'll see more of him b/f he gets too old ... isn't he almost 40 now?

cwm38.gif - Mel

jet li is a practicioner of traditional chinese kung fu. as bruce lee started out in this discipline as well, his theories progressed to incorporate many different fighting styles to encompass an "overall fighting science".

jet li's traditional kung fu movements are very graceful, and combined with his speed make for very exciting fight scenes to watch on the movie screen. but as for an actual fight, bruce lee's more up-to-date theories would have given him the win. cwm10.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

This would be one hell of a fight...against time to see if medics could get Jet Li's broken ass to a hospital quick enough. The guy is impressive, but c'mon, BRUCE LEE???? Has anyone evere seen the footage from the expo he did in Cali at some Karate tourny that got him discvovered? He does the one inch punch, pushups on his thumbs and his hands move so fast he camera cant even pick them up. A fight between the 2 would be a massacre, and a quick one at that.

------------------

The fame, it was like a drug......but what was more like a drug were the drugs.

How do you shoot the Devil in the back?.....

What if you miss?

Before you start bashing Jet Li, make sure you've seen his best work. The guy is unbelievable! And I'm not talking about that "Romeo must Die!" bullshit. His hollywood films just don't do him justice.

See "Fist of Legend", "Twin Warriors ("The Tai Chi Master")", or the "Once Upon a Time in China" series.

Better than Bruce Lee? Maybe not. But there's no way Jackie Chan is comparable.

While on the topic of best works, I think the original Jackie Chan version of "The Legend of the Drunken Master" has the most kick-ass choreographed scenes ever. As far as quickness and agility, he tops Li and Lee. But come on, Bruce Lee will always be the fucking man. He's a legend.

both bruce lee and jet lee are great martial artists but they are both small men. so in real fighting situations they will get their asses kicked by bigger guys like jean claude van dam.

------------------

i shall speak the truth with an honest tongue...at least on this board.. it really doesnt matter if you get offended by my posts because my posts are bs free and totally honest...honesty.. such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue...

billy joel.

OK,

i was reading this and i agree with most of you about bruce lee winning.

But putting Van Dam with li or lee is ridiculus. Van damn is good, true. But he isnt fast at all and most of the cool stuff you see in his movies are just that, movies.

Even though Bruce Lee is smaller there is no way in HEll he would loose to Van Damn. In martial arts SIze does NOT matter@!@!

Too bad Bruce Lee's life ended so soon frown.gifcwm14.gif

DAMN, what i wouln't give to see more of him: in action, movies, tapes, or real life.

Rad_

------------------

FRANK_TRIGG_ANIMATION.GIF

BOOM............BOOM!!!

First of all whoever posted the vandamme thing is forgetting that vandamme is a freakin' ballerina. Secondly Segal studies aikido, and although he was an excellent martial artist in his day, he is a fat guido who couldn't outrun my grandmother now. And for the jet/bruce thing, don't forget that bruce lee fought thousands of real fights in his life, and never lost. He only even came close to losing once, and that's what made him develop his own style. And you think that jet li is fast, but remember that they had to slow the film down in bruce lee's movies, just so you could see him move.