Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GrOoVe -- The Movie

yeah, film is ok.... has anyone seen Human Traffic... british film about clubbing? Anyway, Groove is ok... Digweed is a great dj but after seeing his performance in this film he should defo not give up his night job.

------------------

BEZ.JPG

"Pills 'N' Thrills and Bellyaches" - Happy Mondays

That movie is AWESOME. A few of my friends had just come back from Twilo the night before and wanted to chill out, do nothing, rent a movie and play Scrabble.

The movie was Groove.

I had never heard "Heaven Scent" before I saw that movie..... and when Digweed dropped it with that wack-ass fade-in at the very end of the movie, we ALL lost our shit. Stacked all the stuff in the living room in the corner and just started dancing like lunatics!

After that, we decided we had to go out, so we went to the Roseland -- a rave (albeit commercial) was being tossed there. I was in pain..... my legs were already exhausted from the night before, and when I cramped up I literally couldn't move. But that was one of the best nights in recent memory...... smile.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

movie = not terrible, but definetly not good

soundtrack = sick

they should have just let those dj's spin the whole time and leave all the other bullshit out

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

ok, groove was an okay movie, I loved seein diggers, and the climax with heaven scent was hot, but there is one thing i take away from this movie...it is the "nod" It a special thing that goes without words , and embodies the point of all this e-ing, and raving, and plur. It's important to take that from the movie, because the rest of it is pretty weak.

Let's be honest: "Groove" is a mediocre movie. It's easy to convince ourselves otherwise because we associate with the music/scene depicted in the movie. Now, imagine that the music is Country, everyone is two steppin at a barn dance and the guest of honor is Hank Williams. I'm sure you'd pay closer attention to the crappy acting, cheesy dialogue and directing so poor that it makes "Debbie Does Dallas IX" look like "Schindler's List".

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

GROOVE! was awesome for what it was aiming for. All of you chumps who are slammin' it just don't get it. It's not suppose to be some blazing storyline with deep insight and revolutionary acting - just a low budget film packed with a bunch of 20-something kids having a great night out. Some have partied lots, for others it's their first experience and perhaps their last. But anyone whose ever partied in SF - knows it hit the nail right on the head. Just a fun night out - listening to great music - not much conversation, a little drama and lots of touchy feely - that's what a good party is all about!!! Keeping the music inside and the city silent!

Exit2heaven:

when i heard or saw heaven scent that was when i ejaculated all over myself!! what a good song...is that on the soundtrack?

Yes actually... the soundtrack is quite fun to listen too. It makes you want to dance at the beginning, and then towards the end, you just want to chiiiillllll and feel heaven scent...

Diggers is absolutely amazing, especially after 6am

cwm1.gif

as for 1 of the latest replies, I've never partied in Fran, so I'll take your word for it, but I REALLY was expecting a bit more.

Although it was funny when the older brother asked who turned the music up?!

------------------

Carlos

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it truely is, infinite." -William Blake

Originally posted by kidmishmosh:

i wish there were parties out there like that - imagine free water and fruit!!!! ha!

cwm38.gif

Stop Wishing

SOUND FACTORY has (free) water fountains all around the club, from the basement to the fourth floor. They also give out (free) apples and oranges at the bar on main dancefloor. So there's your free water and fruit. I have even gotten free coffee there before on sunday afternoons and there are free sugar cubes or packets for your k-hole.

What else you want? free SF underwear. they have that sometimes as well.

smile.gif

Originally posted by schwingep:

Groove - A Love Story it should've been called

Probably one of the worst pieces of shit I have seen film wasted on...I could go on with so many things wrong with that movie...I was ashamed to admit I'm a Diggers fan after seeing that garbage.

I AGREE 100%

What a waste of time & money

------------------

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ

Me and my friend sat down about a week ago and watched this movie. We liked it because its real life on the West Coast. This is how they party. Sure ite level e filming but it was kinda funny to us. Cheesy but enjoyable.

In ways we were able to put our friends to some of the characters and I guess thats why we liked it soo much. We were able to make the movie part of our real life. I dont think it was soo much of a waste personally. Its real life thats why we liked it soo much!

To each their own ya know guys...

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif

- "If I coulD ReACh up And hOLd a STar fOr eVEry TimE You'vE MAdE ME smiLe, tHE enTire evENinG sKy woUld bE in The pALm of My hAnd" - uNKoWN

- "It's better to be baked, not fried!" - GrOOvE

- Myrlin's ho!

Originally posted by xhead68:

Stop Wishing

SOUND FACTORY has (free) water fountains all around the club, from the basement to the fourth floor. They also give out (free) apples and oranges at the bar on main dancefloor. So there's your free water and fruit. I have even gotten free coffee there before on sunday afternoons and there are free sugar cubes or packets for your k-hole.

What else you want? free SF underwear. they have that sometimes as well.

smile.gif

yes and sound factory also has what.. a $7000 cover now?

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I enjoyed Groove because it was something I could relate to with characters i could relate to. Really thinking about it, it wasnt the hottest movie, true.

However, i did appreciate the presentation of the scene in a non-demonized light. before Groove what was there...? Go? It wasnt even about the scene, it just used it as an anonymous background.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

AOL IM: petrol01

Honestly I thought that Groove wasn't that good at all. To me it seemed like an overrated "E" commercial- The music was a definite plus-but the I wish they would have shown more dancing- Human Traffic is an incredible movie that is more realitty based-I mean lets be honest-groove was more of a fantasy than anything else- I cop that doesn't bust it when he gets the first chance-free everything-only one dickhead who can't control himself-its just not real- Human traffic shows the ups and downs of true club kids-and be honest who hasn't had that awkward drive home?

I saw Groove, in fact I even have it on DVD, picked up used, real cheap, anyway, I'm babbling, I wasn't too thrilled with it. I found it to be too "Dramatic." I mean the engagement, the guy kissing another guy, which in turn makes him contemplate his own sexuality...

Human Traffic was much better, IMO. I saw the british release, which is slightly different than the US release, and had an absolute riot! There are parts where Jip, and Koop look totally off their tits! Funny, great, cult classic. Plus Pablo Hassan is CARL COX!!!!!

------------------

Carlos

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it truely is, infinite." -William Blake

Groove - A Love Story it should've been called

Probably one of the worst pieces of shit I have seen film wasted on...I could go on with so many things wrong with that movie...I was ashamed to admit I'm a Diggers fan after seeing that garbage.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: ???

My new web site...Version 1.04a

[url]http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

i loooooved Groove

i mean it wasnt exactly true to life but thats why i loved it

i wish there were parties out there like that - imagine free water and fruit!!!! ha!

that song digweed spun was off the hook

the end made me realize why i love going to parties so much

still want to see human traffic and better living thru circuitry...

cwm38.gif

------------------