Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why would u promote?

I got into promoting because it was the best way to ensure that I would have regular DJ gigs each month. You can't depend on other people to book you regularly. If you read the bios of a lot of the top DJs today, most of them started out throwing their own parties. It's also a great way to meet people in the business. Plus, you never have to pay to get into clubs or for drinks. Lots of fringe benefits.

BUT it is extremely stressful. I work 15 hours a day, 7 days a week at it. When you're starting, each party could be your last. If you're going to get into promoting and quit your day job, make sure you have a few thousand saved up in the bank--it will cost you a lot more than you think it will.

Peace,

David Christopher www.headrushmusic.com

------------------

Cyberia @ BAR CODE every Saturday. Best house and progressive DJs in NYC. Visit www.headrushmusic.com for this weekend's lineup.

Get into Cheetah for only $5! Visit www.headrushmusic.com for more details.

Original beats: Visit www.mp3.com/headrushmusic to hear my tracks.

Pooter's Trance Shack and Moonshine Distillery: The fattest radio station on the web is at www.mp3.com/stations/pooter and we're open to your submissions!

No doubt -- promoting is a tough buisness and not many people appreciate what we do. Of course we're in it for the money and perks, etc. but many of us also LOVE the scene, the clubs, the DJ's, the music, the atmosphere and most importantly educating clubbers about the HOTTEST parties! I'm fortunate enough to work for an amazing promotion company -- VIP promotions!!! If you can find a company thats going to take care of there promoters and actually involve them in the decisions affecting the parties they promote then get involved. You want to sign up with people who are going to be promoting HOT clubs and most importantly NOT cut your numbers. It's harder than you think to draw people to your parties BUT its mad fun to meet so many diverse people and listen to amazing music for free.

VIP promotions is looking for quality promoters who are willing to work hard to educate NYC clubbers about the HOTTEST nightclubs in NYC -- contact 973-903-9499 or email me at viplist1@hotmail.com for all the info on how you can party for free and make mad $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!