Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel Sat February 3, 2001 Review

ynot

I thought DJ Renegade was remarkable. Tunnel is like no other club in NY. I realize that last night did not compare to some of Tunnel's good old days, but it was definitely a step in the right direction. Was anyone else there? Can you relate to what I am talking about? How hot was the dancing girl on the main bar?

the problem is eventually someone won't be paid and then things will start to fall apart.

the party was good w/ vicious and thats what happened, otherwise none of these other dj's would even be here

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Tunnel was off the hook last night and can only get better. The girl on the bar was slammin. If you've been avoiding tunnel in the past, now is the time to come back. Its better than ever. Hope to see you there this saturday.

$30-admission

$20-guest list

Originally posted by ynot:

Rob-

Were you actually at the Tunnel last night?

no

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Hey ynot is right!!!!!! Last night was the closest thing to the old tunnel that I have seen in a long time. Renegade was absolutely OFF THE HOOK. Great mix of all different types of house. All I have to say is Renegade keep it pumpin cant wait to see you next week. And for all you doubters who are out there why dont you come down and at least check it out..... I gaurantee you will not leave that place upset you came out.

Peace,

JUSTIN

Rounders is right. The party @ Tunnel is bumpin'. Rob - I think you outta check this ish out yourself kid. I can't say enough about Renegade. Nice guy, Hot beats, lots of energy. I'm really looking foward to him and Anthony Nero this coming Saturday. Shit's coming back at Tunnel. It was nice to see the basement open again. The changes to the deco'r were hot indeed. The lighting was good. I liked the stage, in general everyone was jsut having a good time. Hope to see you kids out there next week.

-THEORY

what kind of house was it, was he playingintese beats and who spun in the mezz

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

That's awesome and props to everybody involved in bringing this nightclub back. You guys should be really proud of what you're doing--no matter what.The truth is that NYC's nightlife wouldn't be the same without the Tunnel---it's no longer about money, or who gets paid--whatever. It's about bringing back our most awesome venue.

Keep up the good work!!! I'll definitely be there at TUNNEL next SATURDAY---and proudly so. Oh--and disregard and ignore anybody trying to give you a bad vibe. We're bringing the TUNNEL BACK!!!!!

theory, I know you're a promoter and all, but you cant honestly tell me that you would rather be at Exit with Draper this friday versus PVD. I'm not a regular Twilo head like so many people here are, in fact I like to go to Exit on saturdays for Boris, so dont take this as another Twilo promo, but commonnn!....

------------------

vip.gif

Originally posted by theorynyc:

Rounders is right. The party @ Tunnel is bumpin'. Rob - I think you outta check this ish out yourself kid. I can't say enough about Renegade. Nice guy, Hot beats, lots of energy. I'm really looking foward to him and Anthony Nero this coming Saturday. Shit's coming back at Tunnel. It was nice to see the basement open again. The changes to the deco'r were hot indeed. The lighting was good. I liked the stage, in general everyone was jsut having a good time. Hope to see you kids out there next week.

-THEORY

i definetly do plan on checking the party out at some point

my post was only in regard the money situation and it does not seem like a good party can get going there b/c of that. i got into the last party there b/c vicious was there and thought the club would start doing better things, but when people don't get paid the party falls apart, call me a pessimist but i just see the same thign happeneing again

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by musicbeat:

if the party grows and lots of heads are coming in and people are not only into it for the money,, then there will be enough money to go around for everybody...just be patient and let it grow.

bro you don't seem to understand.. it has nothing to w/ enough money being around. the party w/ vicious was doing a lot better then this party and people still were screwed. thats what happens..

------------------

hmr3.gif

I went by Tunnel early this Sat. Crowd was about the same as last Sat... but whoever opened up on the main must be a newjack. He was playing WAY too hard for that early in the night.... and trying to pump it too loud too. Renegade was real good.....

Anyone know if these new promoters are bringing Corbett back anytime soon?

Mike G