Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What DJ/Producer brought Electronic Music to America?

If your implying that Frankie brought the music over here, I wouldn't agree. Mark kamins(maybe spelt wrong)Frankie by far should get the credit for being the biggest and best representitive of new york oversea's. The storm raves featured all of the top talent all the twilo heads love before they were anybody here! Props to Frankie, Adam, Heather, Lenny Dee and all the others that made your twilo a reality!

------------------

"Play every record like it's your last"

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

If your implying that Frankie brought the music over here, I wouldn't agree. Mark kamins(maybe spelt wrong)Frankie by far should get the credit for being the biggest and best representitive of new york oversea's. The storm raves featured all of the top talent all the twilo heads love before they were anybody here! Props to Frankie, Adam, Heather, Lenny Dee and all the others that made your twilo a reality!

No i would say it was brought across years before house music.. don't confuse house music with electronica... which was probably brought over in the 60's.

Even the Disco Dj's were playing HUGE amounts of Electronica in the early 70's.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

I also believe that sometime in mid eighties there were several Detroit persons who were creating electronic music on their own.

Almost any electronic music magazine or book has a lovely timeline you can look at for reference. They even get in to the gritty distinctions between trance, techno, hardcore, ambient, breakbeat, and every branch of house imaginable.

I should of worded it diffrent

I wasn't trying to say that Frankie Bones introduced electronic music to America.

(My uncle is is pushing Middle Age and he knows about Kraftwerk?)

Just saying that he started a Rave Scene in the north east coast and it spreaded through out America the late 80's early 90's.

------------------

detl_issue5.jpg

Martini is just a fancy name for alcohlics

Frankie Bones brought techno to this place we cal the east coast....

And BTW he was is and will always be the BEST

But as far as bringing to the US it was born out of chicago i believe I dont rem the dj's name off hand...but thats where we owe thanks too......

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

bottle1-a.gifAll Gone ecstasy_a.gifThe chemical molecules that make up Ectasy

STORM RAVES!!! no party can ever compare to these. bones brought the rave scene to the east coast. i remember the first storm party liek it was yesterday. they always had the best talent at them. saw sandra collins before she blew up. also saw moby when he actually spun. big up's to bones.

all the way from the original brooklyn underground it's the sounds of dj frankie bones!!! always originate never pirate!!!

------------------

0524a.gif

IM LIKE JIMMY WALKER, DYNAMITE!!!!!!

pistol packin, monkey drinkin, no money bum, im from jersey cause that's where im from!!!!

AOL J303J

[This message has been edited by j303j (edited 02-06-2001).]

Originally posted by back2basics-:

No i would say it was brought across years before house music.. don't confuse house music with electronica... which was probably brought over in the 60's.

Even the Disco Dj's were playing HUGE amounts of Electronica in the early 70's.

No doubt1 I love frankie, he's always been real with me, He deserves props anytime I see his name. Did you know he started a tour!

------------------

"Play every record like it's your last"