Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Equality and the "F" word

Combody posted this on another site.

---------------------------------------------

January 23, 2001 Nigerian teenager Bariya Magazu received 100 public lashes with a cane on Friday, despite the court’s recently stated decision to postpone the flogging pending her appeal. Magazu received the sentence from an Islamic court for the crime of engaging in premarital sex, though she claimed to have been coerced into the act by three friends of her father.

January 19, 2001 Kuwait’s high court dismissed a suit that sought rights for women to vote and run for office. The Constitutional Court rejected the case, as it did last year for similar cases, on "procedural grounds."

January 8, 2001 Three US servicemen have been charged with molesting two 15-year-old girls in Southern Japan. The allegations came just hours after the US forces lifted recreation restrictions on servicemen in Okinawa, which had been in place for six months following a similar sex assault case in July involving a Marine and a 14-year-old girl; both cases recall the 1995 rape of an Okinawan 12-year-old by three US soldiers.

"Overall, female techies in the United States earn an average 92 cents for every dollar their male counterparts earn, averaging $5,071 less in yearly pay than men. For full-time professionals in all US industries, women earn less than 75 percent of what men earn, according to the US Census Bureau." (CNET News)

In United States (taken from April 23, 1992 report from the National Victim Center):

*The United States has the world's highest rape rate of the countries that publish such statistics---4 times higher than Germany, 13 times higher than England, and 20 times higher than Japan.

78% of rape victims know the attacker.

1 in 12 male students surveyed had committed acts that met the legal definition of rape. Furthermore, 84% of the men who had committed such acts said what they had done was definitely not rape.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by uknjx2:

whoa, i was in a really silly mood but it's gone now......divalicious is gonna be mad at you!!! you'd better turn this frown upside down quick!

cwm24.gif SHIT!!! Sorry, get back in your silly mood and make us all laugh smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

pretty fuckin disturbing is right... sad part is, we had a few cases that came in like that when i was on my ER rotation... then it really slaps you in the face.... wow, these guys either need to be really educated about such things in school, or some parents, not all, need to pick up the pace and really get on their kids about these things... scary!!

------------------

"Some Of Us Are Like Ink, And Some Like Paper.

And If It Were Not For The Blackness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Dumb.

And If It Were Not For The Whiteness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Blind."- Khalil Gibran

-----------------------

"A BIRD MAY LOVE A FISH SIGNORE, BUT WHERE WOULD THEY LIVE?"

"THEN I SHALL HAVE TO MAKE YOU WINGS"