Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Halcyon

anyone ever been to this place?? it's a loungy-type in brooklyn. forgot where i heard about it

------------------

" Music is a universal language. Where speech fails, then music begins. It is the natural medium for the expression of our emotions - the art that expresses in tones our feelings which are too strong & too deep to be expressed in words"

Charles W. Landon

i've heard all good things about it !!!

on fridays there s pretty dope dnb party

(thrown by BBS peeps i think) .. i've been meaning to check it but being in BK makes it a lil pain in the ass .,,, i heard its liek a coffee shop turned into a loungey/club space at night ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

i remember now, i just reading an article in time out about it. it sounds like a chill little place. check out the article. maybe a cool little place for a meet-up!? www.timeoutnewyork.com

" Music is a universal language. Where speech fails, then music begins. It is the natural medium for the expression of our emotions - the art that expresses in tones our feelings which are too strong & too deep to be expressed in words"

Charles W. Landon

[This message has been edited by sugar_n_spice (edited 02-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by sugar_n_spice (edited 02-07-2001).]

I haven't been, but have been meaning to. It's also a record store if i remember right... I'll be down for a lil meetup but i can only do it on a weekend tho i think they have a sunday party too.

I can be down for this weekend if anyone else is...

Hugs,

BSG

------------------

Drama – it ain't so bad after all!

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

Halycon is great.

It's a little bit of everything:

coffee shop/bar/record store/antique shop.

They have people spinning there all the time...check out the Web-site and sign up for the flyer.

Saw Timo Maas do a little set there before his Twilo gig in November. But the local talent is usually top-notch. One of the owners of the place also spins and is quite good, IMO.

If you go, have the oreo shake -- it's heavenly.

yo i agree on all points there. Halcyon is phat. no smoking inside. beer/wine, coffee&cake, djs, antiques, and records. they have a good record selection. not huge but good. the oreo shakes are good, but dude try the expresso shake. ooooh man.

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

on fridays there s pretty dope dnb party

yeah, friday's is Acupuncture...doesn't ur darling Reid Speed have residency there?

anyway, sunday's in the Undercity (DUB party, the most underrated dj's in the nyc area or some ish like that smile.gif )

i've been meaning to go since like forever...

sup, kids-

That spot is definitely hot! I live in nearby Sunset Park, and have checked out Halcyon on occasion...

I'm even looking for a new apartment in that area...

I'd definitely be down to roll through with a few clubNYC headz..

So keep me posted.

PEACE,

NFK

All The Heavenly Glory

------------------

Sometimes, Excess is Barely Enough...

------------------

You Know What I Was, You See What I Am: Change Me, Change Me!