Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE NEW GENERATION---------READ THIS

THERE IS A NEW GENERATION OFF PEOPLE NOW ATTENDING CLUBS. THEY REALLY DONT KNOW THE DEAL. MOST ARE JUST HALFASS RAVERS WHO THINK BECAUSE THEY TOOK E--THEIR IN. THINGS WERE A LOT DIFFERENT 1 YEAR AGO. IT WAS A TOTALY DIFFERENT VIBE.-----FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN THERE FOR THE GOLDEN DAYS IN THE TUNNEL,YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. THIS CHANGE HAS TAKEN PLACE IN THE LAST YEAR OR 2. THERE ARE YOU OUT THERE WHO KNOW WHAT I MEAN cwm21.gif

thats very true. keep in mind that 80% of the crowds that go to clubs changes every 3 years. & every friday night now, i seem to be bumping into more & more 16 yr old chicks with fake id's trying to get into clubs. thats just the way it is...

---------------------------------

"pacifists share morally bankrupt beliefs"

also keep in mind that with time, EVERYTHING changes...including yourself...a year ago, or even 3 years ago, you would see what you see today to be the norm. I myself am 20, and fairly new to the club scene (started this past june).....however, im no half assed Raver. Also, it may be the places you go to. Tunnel used to be the shit a couple years ago....from what i hear that is. i went there in Nov for the first time...and i was out by 4. i hate that place. no bashing please....i just hate the vibe there...and now that i think bout it...all i DID see there was half assed ravers.

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

Twilo.Energy.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

Very true, there's been a drastic change in the crowds attending our NYC clubs lately...S&D night 2 years ago (even a year ago, before the overcrowding) was WAY better than it is now, by far...Twilo should bump the required age back up to 21 on Fridays! It makes me sick to see young kids crowding clubs...Now, I know that I was young once too, but it has become an epidemic!!! cwm23.gif

------------------

Bluestar.gif

trippinT I like you!

Listen I am old as hell, I have been to clubs since 1993 but I don't complain about the newcomers, I welcome everyone with open arms. Point being, don't worry about who is a true raver, clubber etc, stay true to yourselves. The whole idea of raveing, clubbing, x-ing is to have the good time TOGETHER. There are always those who come to the scene for reasons other than clubbing, Don't worry about them, time will show who prevails. The only one thing that trully bothers me is that kind of competition who is more legit, who can spin glowsticks better, etc I say who gives the fuck, Let's come together and unite under one music under the same roof (and maybe on the same pill). Allelujah!

Look, I think it all comes down to the non-stop coverage and news reports/articles of ecstasy "the love pill" (see yesterday's Daily News cover). I personally think that this has an impact on the new generation. Curiosity killed the cat!

FYI --- It used to be UNDERGROUND!!! That's my point,'nuff said!

------------------

Bluestar.gif

[This message has been edited by SOLE1 (edited 02-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by SOLE1 (edited 02-08-2001).]

why do people always think that back then was better than now? no matter what the topic, no matter how blatantly wrong they are, people will ALWAYS think now sucks, and yester-year was waaaay better.

and don't forget, i'm sure the same conversation was going on back during tunnel's hay-day about how the newbies to the scene were "killing the vibe".

------------------

chicken salad!!!