Clubplanet Nightlife Community

line outside Twilo last nite

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

When I came to the area around 2:30 am, the line went a little bit around the corner. I got in at around 5:15 am, so that sets a new personal record for waiting in line at a club, of about 2.75 hours. Luckily the weather wasn't too bad, with the brief exception of a little light rain.

So who else here was in the line at that time and was also annoyed by the constant chanting of "Who wants to go to the Limelight?" by their promoters?

When I got onto the floor, "We Are Alive" (made by the man himself) was the first tune I heard playing, and the crowd (and myself) went totally nuts over that. The place was more packed than I've seen in the two previous times I've been to Twilo.

It was cool that PvD stayed on until 8:30 so that I had a chance to hear a decent amount of his spinning. When he was done, he got a huge ovation from the crowd.

So according to his web site (http://www.paulvandyk.com/lowres/info.asp?page=2), he's scheduled to come back on April 13. What seems to be the ideal time to get there? What time should one get there at the latest in order to catch the beginning of his set?

Originally posted by danwang:

When I came to the area around 2:30 am, the line went a little bit around the corner. I got in at around 5:15 am, so that sets a new personal record for waiting in line at a club, of about 2.75 hours. Luckily the weather wasn't too bad, with the brief exception of a little light rain.

2.75 hours!!! I'm glad I didnt go, thats ridiculous. I gotta say that if PVD played in Exit this probably wouldnt be the case, although it may never happen, but the venue would be much sweeter.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

yea i was waiting in line for like a good 2 hrs yesterday .. and throughout ranting to my friend about how PVD may be good, but he`s not thaaat good! Hell, I wouldnt wait this long even for S and D. Goa has just put me on a different planet .. anyway, once we were in, I was there like for probably half an hour in total, didn`t even bother to check my coat or watever in!!

It was waaaay too crowded .. it sucked .. IMHO.

------------------

ecstasy_pill15.jpg

Talk about ridiculous! I got there at 1:30 and the line started at the corner of 26 and 10th!!! I waited 2 hours and bailed at 3:30 to go to Sound Factory, only because we haven't been there and wanted to see what the hype was about - big mistake!! the place blew ass ; the music and the crowd sucked!!

Anyhow, what is up w/ Twilo? Cant' they expand to fit all these people? God knows there're making enough money - $35 to get into a fire hazard? Come on people. And what the hell is up with Exit? Doesn't management realize how much they can make if they book DJs like PVD and Oakey? Wake up people!!!! cwm23.gif

------------------

There are 2 types of people in this world...those who love you, and those who are jealous.

i got to twilo at 10:30, the line was already halfway down the block, luckily in the beginning it moved quickly, and we were in in ten minutes. the place was packed from the second it opened to the second it closed, But it was definitely worth it. PVD kicked ass, another way, namastai, and the encore was amazing. they do need to make twilo bigger, but what makes it so good now is how intimate it is...u never get the same close vibe at exit.

------------------

tt1.jpg

Party Lights, Party Lights, its not a party without the lights

Guys, you gotta go early for PVD.. The line is always to the end of the block but in the beginning of the night it moves very fast. We got in within like 20 minutes tops without a problem. The later you go, the longer the line takes.. So next time come early and don't get discouraged by the line, it moves fast. PVD ROCKS smile.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Guys, you gotta go early for PVD.. The line is always to the end of the block but in the beginning of the night it moves very fast. We got in within like 20 minutes tops without a problem. The later you go, the longer the line takes.. So next time come early and don't get discouraged by the line, it moves fast. PVD ROCKS smile.gif

hey! you were there, did you clubhead and I??? we were by the bar dancing all night.

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

hey! you were there, did you clubhead and I??? we were by the bar dancing all night.

sorry, obviously you can see that I'm still fucked up, I meant to say, did you see clubhead and I last night. We met alot of people from the board. I was lost in my own world. sorry if we did meet and i dont remember.

peace, love and double stacked zorros!!

Yes, the line was long, but we cheated our way around it. People we met there got us on the front of the line and into the venue in about 5 minutes. I must admit, the line was fuckin insane, and if i thought that I would have to wait on that line for most of the nite, i would have definately left.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

There are hundreds of other djs Exit can book that Twilo hasn't. They just rather pay some peanut head dj a couple of hundred bucks instead of booking top international talent.

thank you for the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> !!!!

cwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

Keep On Rollin' cwm29.gif Unbound getting UNWOUND

Unbound(Logo).gif

TëMA

AIM: ZUinc2000

Originally posted by dszorro:

I don't think I met you guys frown.gif I'm sure I saw you but had no idea who you were.. I was dancing on the cube 1/2 the night, the other 1/2 I was sleeping smile.gif Next time I'm wearing my mysterious shirt!!!!!!!!

UUUGGHHHHHH!!!

I got to the line @ 1:30 and didn't get in 'til 4:30!!! Why were they still charging $35 is beyond me, we all know they made a killing last night.

Opening up a bathroom towards the back bar wouldn't hurt either!!!!!

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Hehe. I go to Twilo at 1:40am -- the line was all the way down 27th to 10th, and then at least 50' up 10th Ave. I waited on line for 1hr 40mins -- only got half-way to the entrance, so I bailed and went home. Next time, I'll just do the S&D thing and arrive at 5-6am......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

Originally posted by danwang:

I came to the area around 2:30 am, the line went a little bit around the corner. I got in at around 5:15 am, so that sets a new personal record for waiting in line at a club, of about 2.75 hours.

What seems to be the ideal time to get there? What time should one get there at the latest in order to catch the beginning of his set?

We got to Twilo at around 12:30 and the line made it a lil bit around the corner, so we left 2 of our guys in the line while we found a parking spot. By the time we parked and came back, we were 2/3 down the line.

Finally at 1:30 i was drinking a red Bull watching Luis diaz's closing, and the opening of Van Dyk's set. For the next 6 1/2 hrs i did not spare a moment to chill... Hi NRG crowd all night!! great set indeed.

-miguel

cwm26.gifcwm35.gifcwm32.gifcwm7.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

ha! all i have to say is it was a beautiful night to be waiting outside. the gods of music opened up the sky for just a few hours, the whole day was freezing, and only an hour after closing did it get windy and cold again. no complaints here :-D.

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

I could not believe the size of the line when I got there at 2:00. It reminded me of S&D's anniversary party two years ago. (ended up in limelight that nite)

This time I tossed the dice, went straight to one of the bouncers and luckily recognized me (felt pity 4 me) and let me in. Wouldn't even take compensation. I then came downstairs at 6:00 so I missed the 4am meet up at the main lounge only to be extremely dissappointed that it all ended at 8:30. The place was still completely full! I can't even think of the last time I got out of Twilo before 10:00am. And the worst was that the end came with almost no worning! I guess 7 straight hrs is not bad... And I LOVED it all. One of Twilo's best nights I think.

cwm30.gif

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

-Nietzsche