Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why does EXIT suck so bad??????????

hmnyc

LAST NIGHT WAS MY FIRST TIME BACK TO EXIT SINCE THANKSGIVING WEEKEND. I THINK THEY SHOULD GET A SHOWCASE OF NEW DJ'S EVERY WEEKEND LIKE TWILO. THE MUSIC IS SO REPETATIVE AND TO MAINSTREAM FOR ME. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK???

Originally posted by hmnyc:

LAST NIGHT WAS MY FIRST TIME BACK TO EXIT SINCE THANKSGIVING WEEKEND. I THINK THEY SHOULD GET A SHOWCASE OF NEW DJ'S EVERY WEEKEND LIKE TWILO. THE MUSIC IS SO REPETATIVE AND TO MAINSTREAM FOR ME. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK???

THATS WHAT EVERYONE SAYS

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by hmnyc:

check out about 50 posting regarding this topic in the last couple of days, aight?

Yes, it would be lovely if Exit could occasionally get a european DJ to spin there once in a while. But as for me, I wouldnt want it to completely turn to a Twilo, we (or at least me and couple of thousand other people) still need a place where I can hear a true NYC dj like Boris spinning some hard prog shit. I'd love it if Exit had PVD, Tiesto, Oakie, but it is a different club than Twilo, with a different vibe and most importantly - different management, so lets just leave it at that.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

Well u should check out exit fridays, its way better, more hard core than saturdays, and saturdays has its bad days and good days, but exit fridays its always good..

hmmmm, I gotta say I disagree, but what the hey it just my OPINION, lets not turn this into a ExitFridaysVS.ExitSats drama thread like the thread with allnight has become.

For my money, nyc djs dont get much better than Boris on a good night, he whoops my ass so bad I'm still shaking from the last time I saw him.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

i heard boris had a bad night ...hey it's cool though everybody has a bad night once in awhile...boris is a good dj that is the bottom line he plays hard shit ....you have to remember europe has the best dj's yeah but if you live in the united states new york has sick dj's too.there is nothing like new york...everybody knows that..look at the dj's we have here..awesome...

Originally posted by nycetouch:

check out about 50 posting regarding this topic in the last couple of days, aight?

Yes, it would be lovely if Exit could occasionally get a european DJ to spin there once in a while. But as for me, I wouldnt want it to completely turn to a Twilo, we (or at least me and couple of thousand other people) still need a place where I can hear a true NYC dj like Boris spinning some hard prog shit. I'd love it if Exit had PVD, Tiesto, Oakie, but it is a different club than Twilo, with a different vibe and most importantly - different management, so lets just leave it at that.

I am not turning into exit friday vs. saturday , i am just saying that i love fridays more, cause its more hardcore, but still like exit saturdays too, but if i would have to choose between, i would choose fridays after 3am..imo,

p.s. this is not a drama reply.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

yea im not sayin to turn it into twilo but once in awhile get some djs in there. i love hard house thats why i got to exit but after what i heard last night i thought it was shit. i like the new set up on the main floor that looks hottt. yo i didn't see the vivid video girls were they even there last night??

music policy needs to be adjusted.

pay a few extra bucks and get a good dj. it doesn't have to be like twilo, however maybe take a few pointers from them. they don't mind dishin out $$$ for a quality dj. Exit charges the same cover as twilo yet you're not getting your moneys worth when it comes to the music.

I would think that Exit fridays would be worse than Exit Saturdays because friday is 18 to get in and all little kiddies go there. My brother is a sophomore in highschool and he gets in on fridays. Exit saturdays are 21 right?

If u dont like exit saturdays...go to Factory, i had the best time on johnathan's bday like 2 weekends ago

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Exit charges the same cover as twilo yet you're not getting your moneys worth when it comes to the music.

says who??? come on i love exit, the music, everything, and so many ppl do, if no one liked it then there wouldnt be regulars going all the time, if u dont like it dont go.

THeres lots of ppl here who go to exit all the time and love it, even if not everyone talks about it, exit should be left the way it is, why do ppl always have to change clubs around??? theres so many to choose, if u dont like one, go to the next, etc...

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

hmnyc, I think you'll like Exit Fridays better cause they play hard house. I never been there on Saturdays but from what I hear it's alright.

I personally like Exit the way it is. I love the tracks Tony Draper plays, I wouldn't want another DJ in there. I think I always get my moneys worth everytime I go in there. That's just different tastes.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

i LOVE exit fridays! it's my second home smile.gif

draper plays very very very hard stuff, and he balances it out. i love it!

ps: its not a teen nite. i'm 18 and they give me such a hard time on my id, along with other people i know. some people may slip by, but it's tough now!

;D

pps: use my <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> fridays lol "lil lizzys <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> "

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

says who??? come on i love exit, the music, everything, and so many ppl do, if no one liked it then there wouldnt be regulars going all the time, if u dont like it dont go.

THeres lots of ppl here who go to exit all the time and love it, even if not everyone talks about it, exit should be left the way it is, why do ppl always have to change clubs around??? theres so many to choose, if u dont like one, go to the next, etc...

exit has regulars b/c they have an army of promoters.. and draper can be ok at times, but for the most part plays the same shit as everyone else in the city. most of that crowd is the following crowd who goes wherever the promoters go. when i was promoting we switched venues from LL, to factory, to exit, to tunnel, and each time i would see the same people, yet each place played nearly identical music.. so thats why theres regulars in my opinion.

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I HAVENT BEEN TO EXIT IN MONTHS BUT MY BRO WENT AND HE TOLD ME THEY ARE STILL DROPPING THE TETRIS SONG. ITS A GOOD SONG BUT THATS MAD OLD, DRAPER WAS GOOD WHEN I USED TO FREQUENT THE PLACE, I HAVE TO CHECK HIM OUT AGAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FEW OTHER DJ'S SPIN THERE BUT NO PVD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, THEY NEED HARDCORE DJ'S IN THERE. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE DRAPER COME ON AROUND 3 OR 4 AND JUST RIP IT UP

------------------

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

Originally posted by msoprano13:

BUT NO PVD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT

in other words you mean no *good* dj's

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 02-11-2001).]

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

in other words you mean no *good* dj's

YOURE DEAD ROB!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

LOts of money is right.

When i went there, one long island iced tea set me back $10 plus tip.

cwm10.gif

Blah, actually every club rips you off on drinks. But others charge $6,7,8. FRANK_TRIGG_ANIMATION.GIF

BOOM............BOOM!!!

[This message has been edited by Rad_Z (edited 02-11-2001).]

I love that tetris remix!!!! hahahaha That's a classic! Anyone hear that Yankee-doodle remix last Friday?? HAHAHA LMAO!! I loved that! I don't care if it's cheese!!!

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

exit has regulars b/c they have an army of promoters.. and draper can be ok at times, but for the most part plays the same shit as everyone else in the city. most of that crowd is the following crowd who goes wherever the promoters go. when i was promoting we switched venues from LL, to factory, to exit, to tunnel, and each time i would see the same people, yet each place played nearly identical music.. so thats why theres regulars in my opinion.

-Rob

well i go there for draper, and the music, not for what the promoters promote, i dont care about the promoters. I know lots of ppl who r regulars and dont promote the club, and ppl who like exit so much that they started promoting...so imo , not everyone whos a regular is a promoter or follow promoters to support them, ppl r there to have fun and love the music.

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

i was at exit for thanksgiving and new years as well. I would say I've been there a total of 12 times (2 fridays) and its been "consistant" with its crowd, vibe, music, ect.

Last night tho- I was shocked. I have never seen the place so empty, without a vibe, and without the "yummys" that i like to play with.