Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What happened??-Twilo 2/9/01...

OK I wanted to make a meet up-lets just say I am lucky I didn't loose myself in that place.

How can one enjoy themselves when they let a crowd develope like that. It was a bit silly and I felt it was Twilo management just making a buck.

I hope that Twilo does not continue to let parties get like that, maybe its just that Paul Van Dyk blew up recently-or maybe its us writing on line about Twilo, maybe its just getting too commercial. I never thought I would say this.

Thats not the way I like to party. I hope that other nights at Twilo will still have the same phat underground vibe.

And eventually I hope to finally meet you peeps at a meet up, I am sure I spotted a few of you, but couldn't make it through the crowd-nor wanted too. I just chilled up in the lounge where I could breath a little.

Looking foward to better nights at Twilo!!

cwm45.gif

------------------

The music makes the people come together...

Dolphin2.gif

the people who go because they hear it's good are still better than the people who go because they hear that other people think it's good and that, consequently, there will be lots of hotties for them to harrass and bother while they take up space that others deserve to have....

Yup, i agree with nikkistix, it was absolutely ridiculous. and u know what pissed me off, that there were these fucking juiceheads, comin out of the limos and tippin the doorguys shitload of $ and gettin in. Lets get this strait - For the image and class, and bullshit attitudes, SF and exit are the places. For music, friendly vibes and soul, we know what that place is. It would be a damn shame if twilo managers forgot what made their club such a hit. The moment they go mainstream or try to overprofit, like what happened 2/9 , they will sink. the whole beauty of this music is that its still unpolluted and uncommercialized for the most part, unlike the shit u hear on the radio. they gotta get back to the basics, music first. i understand they need to make money and pay off the cops and the whole procedure, but they are really pushing peoples tolerance. ciao! ps NICK WARREN is god

------------------

kroshka moya, ya po tebe skuchayu

Anyone think DT/CC is going to be as packed as PVD???

Just curious... I missed CC last time he was here. Would like to see him live, but not sure I want to go if it's going to be as crowded as PVD was... Can't dance, walk, breath....

cwm3.gif

cwm28.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Originally posted by quanto_magnus:

Anyone think DT/CC is going to be as packed as PVD???

My guess is yes. They advertised the shit out of it. Vinylheads and Twiloheads in one joint. Tell me that ain't gonna be packed wall to wall. Personally I like wall to wall events, but I know others don't.

------------------

You might just achieve what you're shooting for, if you just dream a little...

ezlogo1.gif

Awe Craigy had a fit, but thats OK.

I'm talking about the other 300 people pushing and shoving me, I felt like a rag doll.

Now Carl Cox/ Danny T.

If my brused body heals I'll be there!

Owe it hurts cwm36.gif

------------------

Dolphin2.gif

Originally posted by nikkisticks:

and I felt it was Twilo management just making a buck.

maybe its just getting too commercial. I never thought I would say this.

eh? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, where have u been? i believe these observations could've been written a long time ago. in fact, i think they were...just not on THIS public forum...but on another public forum which i participate on. errr, who doesn't know this already?

Originally posted by nikkisticks:

I hope that other nights at Twilo will still have the same phat underground vibe.

LOL cwm6.gif

100% with junglekitten.... when was twilo ever "underground"--it's been called "the premier superclub in america." it's the only place in new york that can get pvd and sasha & digweed (or anyone nearly that big and european) to do residencies. of course the management's out for money--these ego-inflated super-djs demand tens of thousands of dollars every time they get on. and the pvd party will only get more ridiculously crowded now that sasha's out of commission. $35 (if you have to pay) sucks for a party when you can dance from maybe 6 to 10 in the morning. and don't think that tenaglia/cox will be any better--you'll be lucky if you can even sit in the lounge before 5, let alone find some space on the floor.

Originally posted by junglekittn:

LOL cwm6.gif

Well now, seems like someone is a bit uptight. I am just explaining how I feel-you or others may have felt like this months ago, I never did.

I still don't understand why you/people on this board get defensive when someone wants to share there feelings about something.

OK

cwm10.gif

------------------

Dolphin2.gif

[This message has been edited by nikkisticks (edited 02-12-2001).]

Originally posted by nes10:

100% with junglekitten.... when was twilo ever "underground"--it's been called "the premier superclub in america." it's the only place in new york that can get pvd and sasha & digweed (or anyone nearly that big and european) to do residencies. of course the management's out for money--these ego-inflated super-djs demand tens of thousands of dollars every time they get on. and the pvd party will only get more ridiculously crowded now that sasha's out of commission. $35 (if you have to pay) sucks for a party when you can dance from maybe 6 to 10 in the morning. and don't think that tenaglia/cox will be any better--you'll be lucky if you can even sit in the lounge before 5, let alone find some space on the floor.

If you would have read her post correctly, nikkisticks said that she hopes Twilo keeps it's "underground vibe" not that the club itself was "underground." Second, just because the club brings in the "superstar DJs" from Europe it doesn't make it a mainstream club over here........as far as America is concerned, with the exception of PVD, most of the other DJs that spin Twilo are still underground in this country........yea, you call out S&D also but do you think there's many people that can name the full list of Twilo residents? In fact, do you think there are too many people who actually would know the resident DJs if someone said them aloud......please......just because PVD has become an icon among those who listen to "trance" once in a blue moon and it makes Twilo look like a circus don't act like the towel is thrown in........

apparently, the only people who have been whining about Twilo's lack of space and "mainstream" nature are those who attend S&D sometimes and PVD when he comes.......if those saw the rest of what Twilo was about, they wouldn't be whining so damn much........

btw, why would PVD get bigger now that Sasha's missing??? if it's why I think, you just proved my point from above.......

Mikey

------------------

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

the reason i only mentioned s&d and pvd is that the original post, referencing this underground lost, dealt specifically with the pvd party. perhaps i should have been more precise---these two parties do not have even an "underground vibe," and have not had one for quite some time.

If the reason you're thinking of for my prediction that pvd will get more crowded now that digweed's going solo is that "people who don't really listen to the music tend to prefer sasha's flashier style" or something of the sort, you're exactly right. That in no way incriminates me as part of the ignorant masses, but it's these people that tend to populate those two parties....it stands to reason that a lot of people who only make the monthly trip to see their favorite dj sasha are going to switch to the pvd night because he, like sasha, tends to be a bit more mainstream than john digweed.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or start any drama here. I'm just saying that it's naive to expect a really fun party with a bunch of happy people who all have a lot of space to dance when the dj is internationally huge and gets write-ups in rolling stone and the like.

I hope it's not that mainstream for CC & DT.

Thats one thing I always like about nights with Carl-losts of people don't get his music-they like trance and progressive.

I love when I can dance, and when there is no room I get bummed.

------------------

Dolphin2.gif