Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD=Overrated MAW=Underrated

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

hey man do you speaka my language

he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Beutifull, forget all this fluffy trance talking about love and clouds.. thats what i want to here in a club.

Have a bit of a laugh.

Actually anybody herd that 'Making sandwiches on the dancfloor' track.. now that crack me up every time, we need more comedy on the dancefloor.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

hey man do you speaka my language

he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Either of you making it to DT + CC? I've got a big ass jar of vegemite @ home and I can bring you some vegemite sandwiches if you like wink.gif

Y'all are stirring my patriotic juices, you hear

cwm27.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to find somewhere to live so I can go to Coxy & DT!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Actually anybody herd that 'Making sandwiches on the dancfloor' track.. now that crack me up every time, we need more comedy on the dancefloor.

Are you talking about "Sandwiches" by Detroit Grand Puhbas? If you are I think that song is hysterical too.

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

where do the MAW play? They just played Sydney at the end of January to some v. impressive reviews (well the non lil louie vega one did)

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to find somewhere to live so I can go to Coxy & DT!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by mr.sick:

Are you talking about "Sandwiches" by Detroit Grand Puhbas? If you are I think that song is hysterical too.

I am, mad song. Funny as hell.

'we can make Sandwiches, out there on the dance floor'

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by boa_boy:

where do the MAW play? They just played Sydney at the end of January to some v. impressive reviews (well the non lil louie vega one did)

I want to go and live in Sydney, sound bloody great never even been to oz.

Why are you over here again? wink.gif

------------------

bsb2.GIF

CAZZ - I must both agree and disagree with you.

I agree with you in that there have been many times when I have gone out to see PVD (I've seen him multiple times in NY, twice in Miami and 2 times in Giant in LA) when he was off his game. The programming was uninspired and he did not live up to the hype that surrounds his name.

On the other hand there have been times, particularly the first time I saw him play that the man crystallized in one night all the music I was hearing from a variety of different sources.

MAW are legends in their own right. The work they have done is important, in fact essential, to the fabric that is dance music today.

If you don't like PVD's style that's cool. But you should keep in mind that works like "Words" and "For An Angel" are also an essential part of that fabric as well.

In my opinion a big part of the problem is the media hype that is placed around just a handful of globetrotting DJ's.

Let's face it the average person does not know who Louie Vega and Kenny Gonzalez are, nor does the average person know who Steve Loria, Kimball Collins or George Acosta.

Promoters and club owners are interested in just one thing, numbers. Numbers of people who come in the door, numbers of people who buy drinks. When a DJ's status has been raised to the level of an Oakenfeld or PVD, the average person begins to have some recognition of who they are. They probably couldn't tell you what they play or why they heard of them, but they will know that that person is a DJ.

Later when they hear that this DJ is playing somewhere maybe they will decide to check it out and see why the media is making such a big deal about that DJ.

That is why club owners book these guys, good, bad or average. I know more than a few "no name DJ's" who can play trance better with more energy than PVD, but they can't get work because they don't have the same high profile.

That's a shame, but that is how the system works.

I am, mad song. Funny as hell.

'we can make Sandwiches, out there on the dance floor'

yeah funny funny song! clown music! love it

cwm27.gif

------------------

I'm coming up tomorrow night, will definitely be at Twilo Sunday/Monday, after a full-on experience at Body&Soul. Did you bring any Berocca with you by any chance??? it's a bugger to get hold of here - so if you've got a spare carton... smile.gif

I had 2 for breakfast (Berocca that is), last thing I purchased b4 getting on the plane.......I'll get my mate who's flying back to get some for ye wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by boa_boy:

yeah funny funny song! clown music! love it

cwm27.gif

We carn't be the only ones who know that.. it's huge!

laraver, you say you have had as many good nights and bad with PvD. How can you defend him then?

His job is to rock the crowd.. i have NEVER known MAW Or Mr Sanchez play a bad set... or the same set twice for that matter wink.gif

I don't hate PvD i don't like his style so that's probably 90% of it. But i think the people who listen to him don't know any better. And i here people bashing him because he has gone dark... can anybody say 'pvdhasjumpedonthebandwagontoolateaseverybodyelsehasbeendoingthatforyears'

I agree this is a result of elevating DJ's to pop star status. People treat them like pop stars and just go to see one person. For me you should go and see as many DJ's as possible. I try NOT to go and see somebody twice (unless there on my A list), because i wouldn't just but one artists music.. that.. would be silly.

Oh and don't just go to one club either, get around.

------------------

bsb2.GIF

For me you should go and see as many DJ's as possible. I try NOT to go and see somebody twice (unless there on my A list), because i wouldn't just but one artists music.. that.. would be silly.

Oh and don't just go to one club either, get around.

with you 100%. in my arrogant and conceited stage when I was working for the best club in Sydney where ALL the internationals played I would only PAY to see an international I wanted to see, and then only once...... nowadays have a similar philosophy, except i have to pay more often wink.gif

Having said that it's good if all the 'followers' go to twilo because then there'll be room @ other venues for the rest of us wink.gif

------------------

What kind of a sick world we live in when some dude that 'spins' kazoos, pots, pans and (I think this is the professional term for it) 'crap' is thought of as a diety. I saw him at Twilo and I projectile vomited on a glowsticking raver

When the real Legends...MAW...go unnoticed by many? The use the real elements of music and soul...percussion, horns, vocals (sometimes), bass and rhythum for Chrissake's

Guest crystalmethodny

MAW is part of the /TRUE/ house music movement.

They are legends in our own city.

Been to their studios once... by accident.

Hey Cazz, I heard that Dance Ritual is moving to Centro Fizzay on Wednesdays now?

Word up... we're going =D

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

ohhhhhh! I thought you were talking about Men at Work. I really thought "Who can it be Now?" and "Down Under" were underrated. I mean, come on, any song that's about vegemite sandwiches HAS to be good, right? right??

Who can it be now is an homage to paranoia, and an all-time favorite...\

who can it be knocking at my door

(bang on your desk at work)

go away...

don't come round here no more

LMA®O vegamite sandwich... best lyrics EVER.

How about a colaberation MAW, and men at work.. oh and the Village people (another GREAT band).

Cazz you trying to start trouble again... nah preach the word.. house is where it's at.

------------------

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

MAW is part of the /TRUE/ house music movement.

They are legends in our own city.

Been to their studios once... by accident.

Hey Cazz, I heard that Dance Ritual is moving to Centro Fizzay on Wednesdays now?

Word up... we're going =D

I HEARD THE SAME THING!!!! I wish Louie would spin on the weekends, though...

THIS IS WHY I NEED TO MOVE....

Please, someone take me in, I am a wonderful pothead, really I am...