Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel Line Up for this Saturday

Whats up. As you may know, I am DJ'ing the afterhours every Saturday at Tunnel now from 3AM-Close and we will be featuring different talented DJ's from 10-3 every Saturday.

This Saturday Tunnel's promoters have chosen a DJ from Texas named Ragman to play the 10-3 slot.

What I have heard about this DJ is that he recently won best DJ of 2001 for the State of Texas and is flying in to do Tunnel this week.

Although I have never heard this DJ play personally, he has come highly recommended so I am always up to hear a DJ play who I have never heard before.

I am going to be blowing up that new jackie Nova track again this Saturday so be listening for it!!

Renegade

Renegade, don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater at all, nor a DJ, so I'm not tryin hate on u, but did u not spin the "elements of ecstacy CD last saturday???? I understand DJ's spin a lot of CD's these days, but if yer gonna play cd's they should AT LEAST be your mix. . .

Good Luck Saturday, I might stop in after Planet 28. . .MikeMc

------------------

Sound Factory Fridays are BACK~!. . .Level 4 is open, New 300 speaker digital system on the main floor. . .STRENGTH GUEST LIST FOR REDUCED ADMISSON. . .for info call Mike at 201-883-4242 or 201-488-5305

yo renegade i aint hatin on u man, but u need to get sum better songs and not close yur set with "dance for free"! it aint werkin bro. get some hard asssss traxs in tunnel, i mean hard after hours shit to throw down too.

DJ cary Ragland is boys with my friends who run the scene in TX... he has a residency at a place called seven in Dallas that is supposedly the TX equivilant to SF.... he sent me his mix CD, its pretty good...HEY YOU PROMOTERS MKAE SURE YOU PAY HIM, the poor guy is flying in from TExas, for god's sake smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

2/28 - Cheetah, NYC

3/10 - Webster Hall, NYC

3/17 - Club Deep, LI

3/24 - Shadow Lounge, Miami

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by smryder33:

get some hard asssss traxs in tunnel, i mean hard after hours shit to throw down too.

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEB SAYING THE WHOLE TIME

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by russ reign:

HEY YOU PROMOTERS MKAE SURE YOU PAY HIM, the poor guy is flying in from TExas, for god's sake smile.gif

hehehe, amen to that russ. did you get that one brotha theory, no more missed payments! we need to bring more and more quality djs in that place, and they gotta get paid this time around.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

The reason I played commercial music was to get a good argu,emt going for what i do and that is play underground hard kicking shit but without facts AND posts like yours, there is no way I would have creatively been able to do what it is that I do so thanks for the post as Tunnel wanted to experiment with some of the commercial stuff and I needed these posts to prove my point so in a weird way, all the "negative" feedback was actually "positive" feedback on my behalf.

As far as the mix CD thing goes, I do have a lot of those mix CD's and i do play off of them during the night because it is easy to carry a bokk of CD's then 12 boxes of records HOWEVER, at NO POINT IN TIME do I allow a song off of one of those MIX cd's to mix into the next track on that particular mix cd. I spin every record, CD etc. from song to song so think of it from mhy point of view, would you rather sit home and burn all of your songs onto CD for 3 hours a day OR pick up a mix CD that has the same songs and sometimes even has songs that are hard to obtain and mix off of that.

Again, the key point is I do not let those CD's ever mix themselves I mix EVERY record from one to the next.

This Saturday you are going to hear MY set the way I spin and you can see the difference for yourself.

Thanks for the feedback,

Renegade

PS - I closed my set out with Boriqua Anthem and the reason I did that was because a lot of emplyess at Tunnel like that song and I feel that they are entitled to have a good time as well. I played "One More Time" prior to that as a test and for the above stated reasons (not being a dick)

Also, about that post about staying open later, I would LOVE for tunnel to be open later that's what I am shooting for and since I have started afterhours, we have been staying open 2 hours later than they had been on the average and if the people stay and dance longer, then we will stay open later.

Ok here's the real question we could and should vote on BOARD MEMBERS!!

Would you rather see Tunnel be more of an underground hard progressive club or more of a Hard Ravey\Trance Club?

OPINIONS PLEASE! (Forwarded to the clubs manager)

Little is known about DJ Ragman on the East Coast, but like Renegade said...he comes highly recomended and with a status like DJ of the Year...how can you doubt the man? As always Renegade will be at Tunnel...3-close and trust me guys...the guy knows his ish. For info on the party including the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> ,drink tix and comps call 201.349.1865. See ya' all there.

-THOERY

HEY RENEGADE,

I READ YOUR RESPONSE TO A BOARD MEMBER, I DONT REMEMBER THE NAME, BUT ANYWAY THE TUNNEL IS ONLY MAKING IT TILL 6AM, YOU NEED TO GET THAT PLACE GOING LATER, DEF THROW DOWN THE HARD JOINTS, IM GONNA COME IN A WEEK OR 2, ILL EMAIL YOU.

------------------

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

Originally posted by nycetouch:

Ummmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmm

HARD, PROGRESSIVE is what the Tunnel is about, why change what works?

fuck, raver/trancey, if you need that, walk east one block and enjoy. cwm41.gif

hmmmm... are you implying that twilo is a "rave/trancey" club???

have you ever been there???

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by msoprano13:

hard and progressive, the harder the better

mike i've attempted to bring you to twilo when there is hard/drak progressive but you dont' want to

your confusing it w/ hard nyc trance

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Should definatly be a hot party. Tunnel was rolling (he he he) last Saturday. Renegade is always awesome. You do a damn good job of keepin' that floor movin' babe. Admission is 30$ at the door and 20$ on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> guys, so come check it out. call 201.349.1865 for <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> info. Hpe to see you all there. Lookin' foward to meeting some peeps from the board!!!

To adress all the people on the board going on tantrums about DJ's: By all means, voice your opinions, but please...don't go rippin' someone a new asshole if you've never even heard them live. That gives no credibility to your opinion what-so-ever. In fact, quite frankly it just makes you look like a shmuck with way too much spare time on your hands. Believe me a DJ who doesn't play the entire track list from NYC Underground Vol. III does not suck guys. Why pay money to go see some jack ass play I turn to you, followed by Castles, followed by Sandstorm,followed by Zombie Nation etc. Thats pointless. Every DJ has his own style. If you don't like it, thats fine. But don't say the person sucks. Just because they didn't happen to play a song yo wanted to hear doesn't mean they have no talent. It just means you didn't mix with their style.

-THEORY

Personaly speaking, I find that one of the best aspects of the Tunnel right now, is that there are SO many DJ's, that everybody will go home happy. Each one has his own style and that way the party caters to everybody's wants. Wether it's Hip-Hop, or house or Trance or what have you, there's something for everybody there. Thats why I like the place. It's about the music.

------------------

"Got violence?"

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

mike i've attempted to bring you to twilo when there is hard/drak progressive but you dont' want to

your confusing it w/ hard nyc trance

NOPE IM CONFUSING IT WITH THE RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN TWILO THAT I CANT ENJY MYSELF

------------------

Hope to see all you guys there Saturday. Renegade will be off the hook!!! I'm mad excited about DJ Ragman. DJ of the Year? Damn. cwm7.gif

------------------

you might think that i can't make it on my own

but now i'm stronger than yesterday, now it's nuthin but a mile away, my lonliness ain't killing me no more....here i go on my own, i don't need no body better off alone.....

NOPE IM CONFUSING IT WITH THE RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN TWILO THAT I CANT ENJY MYSELF

no see now your confusing it w/ twilo on PVD nights.. the rest of the time its not ridiculously packed like that and they play progressive..

not nyc trance like factory and exit

------------------

hmr3.gif

no see now your confusing it w/ twilo on PVD nights.. the rest of the time its not ridiculously packed like that and they play progressive..

THEN I WAS CONFUSED FOR A HOT SECOND, ALRIGHT MAKE TUNNEL HARD NYC TRANCE!!!!!!BETTER ROB

------------------

THEN I WAS CONFUSED FOR A HOT SECOND, ALRIGHT MAKE TUNNEL HARD NYC TRANCE!!!!!!BETTER ROB

good shit bro

------------------

hmr3.gif

hard and progressive, the harder the better

------------------

yes i've been there, I wasnt being too serious. in fact I was being pretty drunk. in any case I'm for hard and progressive. And no, twilo is not rave/trancey, but I guess its always been sort of different from the tunnel.

hmmmm... are you implying that twilo is a "rave/trancey" club???

have you ever been there???

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif