Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel Line Up for this Saturday

Give this kid a break... i think he should play whatever the fuck he feels like playing..... "you need to play harder better more banging beatz".. u know what.. I'm really sick of people telling up and coming dj's to play "this" or "that" and then have the ballz to complain later when we have a million and one copycat jonathan peters wannabees and such... ....What do u expect..you're forcing these new guys to PLAY THE SAME SET LIST that the big guys are playing and then complain when they sound like they "sweat" this super dj or that super dj.

Play what u want ..develop your own style..

As for the cd mixing..... I think that if u use the mixed cd's whatever..that should be your LAST resort.. as in..can't even find it on vinyl or can't burn it as an UNMIXED UNEDITED complete track on a cd.

Never let a mixed cd play..thats just LAZY not to mention BULLSHIT .... and i've caught a few jersey dj's doing this..they let a "mondo mix" bootleg cd mix run..and between tracks..many of those cds are encoded to SKIP when being played on cd deck units.......thats right ladies and gentlemen..SKIP...so if ever you're out and u hear a familiar mix and during the transition u hear it jump to the track coming in.... PREMIXED....

also....as a dj..why in hell would u WANT to work with a premixed cd?...even if it's just to play one song from the mix......chances are the bpm are adjusted during the intro and outro of the track...that could spell INSTANT TRAINWRECK.

just my 2cents (remix)

jsc cwm9.gif

Wow lol. Ok the CD thing real quick.

Scenario 1) I burn CDs all day of off my records instead of spending $12 to have the same thing (when available).

Trust me, I don't have to worry about what CD's are whacked out because I always mix song to song. If anyone wants to view this, come to the booth and I'll show you and you will see what I mean (although Tunnel's CD player only works on one side so I can't do it until they either A) Get a new One or B) Fix the one they have. Whether I spin off a record or a cd or an MP3 on my laptop, who cares as long as my set is good and again, I do mix every song song to song (other DJ's Do this as Well so don't fool yourself) and have doubles of some that I go back and forth with. I am also a member of For The Record Record Pool which is the #1 Record Pool in the country.

My past history is

Limelight - Guest Spots 1992-1994(Hard Techno + Progressive House)

1994-1997 Worked at upscale strip clubs to get the $ together to build a studio

1997-1999 Main Floors of Tunnel, Expo, Carbon(Now Exit) and Many NJ clubs like Dancin', Kalifornia Bar (Groove), Quarry (Drama) (Progressive House).

2000 Guest Spots and Raves (NYC + USA)

2001 Tunnel

CD - Summer Madness 1999

Remixes

Do It Again (My own personal Mix)

Here Comes the Rain Again - Sophia

Find Another Woman - Reina (Done With Corey J)

What You Mean to Me - Jackie Nova

No Fear - Jamal Richardson

In My House - Smooth Touch (Done with Repete)

Move My Body - Brutal Bill (Done With Repete)

I'm A Bitch - Johanna (Done With Repete)

Original Tracks

Sexy - Terra X

Harder - Chocha Girl

Meditate - DJ Renegade

Sexbomb! - DJ Renegade feat Kerry Roberts

Commisioned Projects

Artec Theme Song (Done With Rick Michaels)

A Theme Song for Artec Hair Products

Upcoming Projects

"Foxy" - XXX Star Houston

"Yup Yup" - Renegade + Rick

Again people, I have to know who's in the building at Tunnel and I do have management to answer to and we are doing this together so I don't think 2 weeks of experimenting is wrong. I want to build up a base of people that come every week and keep it going until 10 or 12 like other clubs and YES I do want my own style which is what I am re-forming now and it has always been hard but I have been experimenting in other directions and I want Tunnel to have its own sound so we can grow it into a hugely popular party with its own style and crowd and just like Corbett did at Limelight(who's HUGE Limelight CD will be coming out soon), the people who are at Tunnel NOW are going to be the ones that get treated right when hopefully the line is down the block again every Saturday.

Feedback is always welcome and important but bashing is retarded.

How many other Main Floor DJ's in NYC take the time to be a part of the scene here on Club NYC that have residencies?

Also, I am developing and promoting artists as well as working with musicians and programmers to increase the overall quality of my original tracks and remixes to take Tunnel and myself to a higher level.

This week alone I have interacted and set up meetings with Columbia Records and Strictly Rhythm Records as well as Definity Records to bring the industry heads BACK to Tunnel.

See Ya!

Renegade

Originally posted by DJ Renegade:

Whether I spin off a record or a cd or an MP3 on my laptop

whuuuuuuut??

cwm24.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Digital 1200s on my laptop with a dual soundcard is just as good as mixing with a cd player ( - the looping functions of course) and even has some effects you can load into as in a recording studio.

I will not be bringing it to Tunnel until I get the soundcard upgrade I am waiting for but I will eventually give it a test whirl if ya wanna check it out, I will let you know exactly when, most likely in 2 weeks.

The only thing I'm a little nervous about is that the booth monitors being as powerful as they are might crash the system but we'll see.

I DJ 80% of the night at Hott 22 off of my laptop and it works out OK but since I do not have a dual soundcard setup yet, I'm mainly throwing mixes rather than mixing them but the naked chics don't seem to care.

Renegade

cwm2.gifcwm2.gifcwm2.gif OMG I did not know u were that pathetic renegade. Playing mixed cd? cwm2.gif Did u get the new Exit vs. Sf the brand new chapter? cwm2.gif Your so pathetic mr pimp. You deserve to spin at the rat hole every saturday. Maybe then you wont infest any other clubs with your disgraceful ways of djing. You are so weak man. None of your songs ever got signed does that say anything? I said it once and I will say it again. Stick to pimping ho's in bay ridge. You will make a better name for yourself you slob. cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Alright, fresh off one of the hottest parties Exit has ever seen...i'm finnaly awake. Lookin' foward to tonight. Place is gonna be bouncin' kids. I'd like to make a shoutout to this jack-ass above me here who seems to find himself a bad ass by rippin' on Renegade. You know what the funniest aprt is? Do you really think Rnegade gives a damn who the hell you even are? I doubt it. But back to the subject at hand. The whole VIP Promotions crew will be in the house tonight along with Resident DJ Renegade, Straight from TX - DJ Ragman (a close friend of Nero's) and Of coarse DJ Kleva, Yental Beats and the rest of the Kliq. So come down tonigt to Tunnel. 18 to enter 21 to get hammered. Free Admission to the Ladies before 11 PM!!! For <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> info please call 201.349.1865.

-THEORY

Attention all mp3 bashers. Although I prefer to hear CD/vinyl, Exit's been mixing mp3s as well as vinyl/cds (I didnt believe it either). I hate to say it, but dont be surprised if you see djs mixing mp3s all over the city in the near future.

Also, come to tunnel to hear DJ Renegade tonight-before you start bashing him ($10 off admission if on P Trend list)

Peace

Originally posted by DJMikeE:

Attention all mp3 bashers. Although I prefer to hear CD/vinyl, Exit's been mixing mp3s as well as vinyl/cds (I didnt believe it either). I hate to say it, but dont be surprised if you see djs mixing mp3s all over the city in the near future.

Also, come to tunnel to hear DJ Renegade tonight-before you start bashing him ($10 off admission if on P Trend list)

Peace

i can play my mp3's on my comp at home which has a better system then tunnel for zero

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif