Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CD BURNER HELP PLEASE!

Ok so Moms wants to go buy a CD burner ever since she has decided to come into the world of Compact Dics...dont ask. Anyway, I know its been asked before but I never read the posts. Can anyone suggest a good CD burner to me?

Im not sure if it matters but I have a shitty ass compaq. Soooooooo...... any suggestions?

xoxo

kAt

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif

"I'm not stubborn...I'm just always right!" - me la la la

hey kitte... my condolences about the name change... i just got a burner (plexwriter 12/10/32A) and i was told it's a really good burner and it's the newest version... i havent had one problem... the software is user friendly, which was a plus for me, since i had no idea what the hell i was doing.... good luck

------------------

phearts.gif

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams... wILLY wONKA~

the secret of being a bore is to tell everything ~vOLTAIRE

pgridstars.gif

Plextor is the best, but it can be a bit Pricey compared to others burners that are pretty much just as good.

The absolute best bang for the buck is without a doubt the Hewlett Packard 9100 series, right now you can get an Hewlett Packard 9150i for as low as $120, Plextors will be at LEAST $100 more.

Like I said, Plextor is the best burner to buy, but when it runs in the $250 range, for $120, the HP is a pretty excellent number 2, the HP burner was in Cnets (and every other computer ratings) top 5 list all this summer and last year before Plextor came around this fall. Just a suggestion. Oh, by the way, DONT buy Sony, unless you want coasters instead of CD's.

J&R computer world downtown is selling it for like $140, you can check their website at www.jandr.com .

[This message has been edited by dv8 (edited 02-19-2001).]