Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WAITING ON LINE TO GET IN... (CHEETAH)

If you are not on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> , and if you are by yourself, they keep you online forever.

I went to Cheetah two weeks ago on Saturday and spent over 30 minutes online. Without saying anything to the security, I was just observing how far are they willing to take it.

I told them then that I am on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> Guest list</A> . Still, no impact. After 40 minutes of wait time on line, I left.

------------------

We Promote Clubs. We Know Clubs. We Make Clubs.

Upcoming Event: Fri, Feb 23, 2001 GRAND OPENNING: PROGRESSIVE HOUSE @ LEGACY (BROOKLYN, NY)

Guest list for LEGACY: GUESTLISTNYC@HOTMAIL.COM

Yeap, I went to Ohm. And, it only took about 10 minutes on line to get in. Obviously, they understood the freezing temperatures.

------------------

Upcoming Event: Fri, Feb 23, 2001 GRAND OPENNING: PROGRESSIVE HOUSE @ LEGACY (BROOKLYN, NY)

Yes, that is exactly my point. And, wheather you are male or female trying to enter, would you keep someone on line for 40 minutes on the freezing New York Saturday Night.

Thank you Regina...good point

------------------

Unfortunately, the lines give the club an image. It's a marketing ploy to make the club look desireable. When people drive by and notice a line (especially in cold weather), they think that the club must be "happening" if people are willing to wait under those circumstances.

I experienced that this past weekend at Eugene's, only to find out that there was a private party going on.

------------------

rabbithead.GIF

[This message has been edited by playboychick (edited 02-21-2001).]

Imagine that you are the promoter on this party, and you have invited all your friends and other people who decided to check your party out for the first time. Some of them came in couples, and some of them not. Can you tell your best friend who got caught up in such a predicament to come in couples next time?

Thanks, although your point still has good approach from the business perspective.

------------------