Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Okay... file all Grammy complaints here!

:::sigh::: Every year it's something... something good, something bad...

- Moby, Jill Scott, Blue Man Group -

I liked... the big blue eyes on the screens were scary though!! lol

- Destiny's Child -

Okay -- I will give them that they are very pretty, have good stge presence, and wear napkins as dresses very well... HOWEVER... 2 out of 3 girls were dubbed (no live vocals for the whole group -- never!!), and the one girl who WAS singing live was off... or trying to belt too hard... take your pick.

- Christina Aguilera -

I really don't have many qualms with her... Her number was pretty smooth, choreography was tight, and she was on.

- U2 -

The Edge actually spoke. I'm impressed.

- Sheryl Crow and Shelby Lynne -

They sounded good... but would Shelby have looked any LESS excited when she won best new artist? She could have borrowed some of Shakira's energy... (BTW, Shakira looked great -- that dress was gorgeous!!)

- Macy Gray -

Fun pink wigs... I liked Macy's dress -- and her hair look pretty good! Her performance was pretty much up to par with most of what I've seen of her...

- Eminem and Elton John -

I appreciate that Elton agreed to do this performance... and it was a particular highlight to see Em hug a man wearing a suit that looked like the one Elton was wearing! The network sesnors did a crappy job of blocking curses out -- they mostly blocked right before or right after the curse word (i.e. I did hear shit a couple of times)... It was pretty funny to hear Em replace lyrics with words like "crummy"... All in all, they proved their point. Good for them. (... but it DOES sound better with Dido singing the hook... hehe)

okay.. I've vented... with the Destiny's child thing, I just would have wanted them to sing live. I mean, this is a music awards show -- if you're a performer you should PERFORM. When you put them lip synching next to an act like TAKE SIX (who were incredibly good -- they were dead on, classy, tight, they looked wonderful... all around excellent... they didn't have to be flashy -- their musical talents spoke for themselves), it seems like a terrible joke.

Oh.. then there's the BAJA MEN winning best dance track with "Who Let the Dogs Out"... WTF?!

- meli "imanoffendedandhurtperformer" -

------------------

meli.jpg

AIM: MeliChaCha

[This message has been edited by melichacha (edited 02-22-2001).]

Macy Gray should go back to making BLTs in the diner they found her in and irritating the fuck out of me. Bad music. Bad on stage persona (always acting high, I don't believe anyone can be high EVERY time they are interviewed!!!)

Why is Shelby Lynne so freakin' angry!

Enough with U2! That song really is not all that!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Apparently Macy's creative juices only flow when she be smokin the hydro on the not-so-d-low... lol

As far as "beautiful Day", it's no "One", "With or Without You", "All I Want is You", Sunday Bloody Sunday", or whatever but it's alright... I'd rather take their WORST song other "Say My Name" any day. The only song I've really liked by Destiny's Child is "No No No" feat. Wyclef...

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

AIM: MeliChaCha