Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY Party Scene - Whats HOT & whats NOT ?

Hi there !!

Im currently in NYC, Downtown Manhattan on a 1 month assignment from our London UK setup.

Having spent hours of trawling through the messageboards, timeout and other web sites, im confused as to what is the best places to go for straight clubs and what is NOT ! Friday night tomorrow guys , and then theres next week and weekend, so PLEASE HELP !!

Kind regards,

IQ AKA "lost" London raver !

Guest crystalmethodny

House 101 on March 2nd @ Limelight.

Check out www.urbanpromos.com

Guaranteed to be the newest hot House party in the city. Once a month only.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Even though somebody (the press) says that Limelight is not "cool", that f_cking cathederal is cool. Besides if a club is considered "cool" then it really isn't because it's swarmed by club-sheep, because "it's cool".

Myself, I don't hit the clubs pre se, I go to special events that happen at clubs or otherwise- but not your 2000+ person raves either. If you're interested in the trance style check this one out:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TRANCEMANIFEST

Friday February 23 11pm-7am

DJ's ILLUSION (Paradox,psy-locib,Israel)

YON-E (Tsunami-NYC)

STEVE-O (Cosmophlia,Goa Babies,USA)

MAXIMUS (psy-locib-NYC)

Chill - STEVE-o

Decor - SEPARATION ANXIETY( LONDON, UK )

+ nice visuals and projections .

Location DEMERARA

215 WEST 28 ST. (BET. 7th & 8th AVE.)

online tickets are $21 in advance $25 at the door

note: tickets are limited get them now!

free breakfast and fruits in the morning

important: please bring your soul to dance, join others in releasing your

trancendental

energy! and please smile!

Hate to toot my own horn, but my Bar Code party has been pretty smokin' (so hot, in fact, that we light the entire bar on fire every Saturday night). Our lineup is solid, and will be even more ridiculous next month (e.g., Hiro, Reid Speed, Chris Love, James Summit, etc.).

For info, visit http://www.headrushmusic.com.

Later,

David Christopher

HeadRush Music

------------------

Cyberia @ BAR CODE every Saturday. Best house and progressive DJs in NYC. Visit www.headrushmusic.com for this weekend's lineup.

Get into Cheetah for only $5! Visit www.headrushmusic.com for more details.

Original beats: Visit www.mp3.com/headrushmusic to hear my tracks.

Pooter's Trance Shack and Moonshine Distillery: The fattest radio station on the web is at www.mp3.com/stations/pooter and we're open to your submissions!

Originally posted by christyne13:

Welcome to NYC cwm11.gif

Fridays = Twilo

Best bet is to roll in around 1"ish"

Especially if you dont want to get in until 5

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places, I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

i would say generally speaking that Twilo may be your best bet. It seems to draw a great deal of European clubbers, as it often has many of the big DJ's who spin across the pond. Vinyl is nice and usually not too packed on a Friday. There is a bit of a gay element, but if you are into house music seeing DT is a must. There are other things to do, but if you call yourself a london raver, then you would probably enjoy either Twilo or Vinyl. Hope this helped.

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE

Originally posted by njbabe:

LOTUS and SPA! You deffinately have to check em out!

Are you naming names you heard about or have you actually been to these places?

Lotus is cool if your going for dinner and want to hang for a few drinks...its a nice LOUNGE upstairs...with a minimal dance floor downstairs and an average selection of beats...probably not what someone looking for clubs is talking about.

SPA on the other hand is played IMO...accept for on Thursday nights...mixed, industry crowd...definitely a "scene" but cooler and less unneccesarily pretentious than Fri/Sat.

These places are good for certain things, but if youre gonna be recommending spots to someone whose never been here, at least let them know what they should expect.

My pics for your stay:

Tuesday: Centro Fly..."pretty crowd" good music, slightly pretentious

Thursday: Centro Fly for a nice blend of house and cool folks, Saci for a more looks concious crowd, maybe less focus on music but along the lines of NY hard/progressive house.

Friday: Centro Fly or Vinyl (for Danny Tenaglia)...if a big time DJ is at Twilo, the music's gonna be banging but its going to be insanely packed...if you dont mind that, its a good choice.

Saturdays: WITHOUT A DOUBT GO TO SOUND FACTORY AND SPEND THE ENTIRE NIGHT THERE...ESPECIALLY IF ITS YOUR FIRST TIME THERES NOTHING LIKE SEEING THE PLACE TRANSFORM INTO AFTERHOURS HEAVEN.

Theres always a good selection of lounges to go to (Lotus (being one of them), Light, Sugar, Laparue...just take a look on www.citysearch.com and you'll have more of this than you could hope for.

Hope this helped...

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places, I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?