Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who goes through mor records during a set Plastikman or Jeff Mills?

when does Mills start his limilight residency? is it going to be a sat nite thing? if so 2 of my 3 favourite dee jays on successive nites, Danny fridays, Mills Saturdays (every two weeks isn't it).......and people ask why I moved to New York wink.gif

cwm30.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif boa_boy@yahoo.com

LOL, good question... it's close for definate. But i would say it's Mills on a live set. That's what makes these two the worlds best DJ's they don't just play songs ther craft set's. Your not listening to songs your listening to the DJs.

Nobody else does that... not DT, not Sasha not Digweed... their just juke boxed wink.gif *drama*

Originally posted by boa_boy:

when does Mills start his limilight residency? is it going to be a sat nite thing? if so 2 of my 3 favourite dee jays on successive nites, Danny fridays, Mills Saturdays (every two weeks isn't it).......and people ask why I moved to New York wink.gif

cwm30.gif

April 7th and 21st

May 5th and 19th

he's not playing in June

but jesus God june is going to be hot @ limelight

all you have to know is

june 9th

DAVE CLARKE & ADAM X

------------------

logo-ls1.gifartistspic.gif

Mills is going to be having a set in Detroit on the 1st of March. It is his first set in Detroit in 10 years. That should be an awesome set to come back into the town that you grew up in.

I was just out there on business and the fliers are all over the place.

------------------

JDogg

AIM: JDoggNY2000

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."

11icon.giflogoof3.gif

From the live set's I've heard, I would say Mills drops more tracks, but what can u say he's a freaking alien. He's also the originator of that style. It came from his early days in his career when he was just an underground radio DJ. He only had a small amount of time alotted and a lot of records so he only played the bests parts of each song.I've read that he will drop anywhere between 30-70 tracks an hour. This doesnt even include the tracks played on the third turntable.

I think techno DJ's are the hardest working DJ's in the business. They actually manipulate the music and create something you can't on Global Underground Cd. They not just "jukeboxes" like back2basics said. LOL.

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

Originally posted by back2basics:

LOL, good question... it's close for definate. But i would say it's Mills on a live set. That's what makes these two the worlds best DJ's they don't just play songs ther craft set's. Your not listening to songs your listening to the DJs.

Nobody else does that... not DT, not Sasha not Digweed... their just juke boxed wink.gif *drama*

funkmaster flex

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by mr.sick:

I think techno DJ's are the hardest working DJ's in the business. They actually manipulate the music and create something you can't on Global Underground Cd. They not just "jukeboxes" like back2basics said. LOL.

Yep... thats what blew my mind the first time I heard Richie Hawtin. Haven't heard Mills yet, but it sounds like I need to ASAP!

cwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

AIM: Jewel44317

Just had to say Mills didn't create that style.. both Richie and mills worked very closely back in the days of Detroit radio.

I thinks mills is a great DJ, don't get me wrong, but they have a pretty similar style with IMO Richie's new use of technology and ability to read a crowd giving him the slight edge.

People get confused with Plastikman & Richie. Plastikman was a alias created by Richie to release very minimal, psycadelic techno.. he 'created' this persona to be seperate from Richie Hawtin (like a record label will create a sub lable to put out a seperate style). But stuff released under Plastikman is a little different to what he normally does.. that why people think he is JUST about minimal techno.

It's always good to see people geting in to Richie, i think this is his year.. even Gatecrasher & Cream (being the more comercial side now) have booked him this year. 2001 Techno makes a long over due comeback.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Just had to say Mills didn't create that style.. both Richie and mills worked very closely back in the days of Detroit radio.

I thinks mills is a great DJ, don't get me wrong, but they have a pretty similar style with IMO Richie's new use of technology and ability to read a crowd giving him the slight edge.

People get confused with Plastikman & Richie. Plastikman was a alias created by Richie to release very minimal, psycadelic techno.. he 'created' this persona to be seperate from Richie Hawtin (like a record label will create a sub lable to put out a seperate style). But stuff released under Plastikman is a little different to what he normally does.. that why people think he is JUST about minimal techno.

It's always good to see people geting in to Richie, i think this is his year.. even Gatecrasher & Cream (being the more comercial side now) have booked him this year. 2001 Techno makes a long over due comeback.

*ahem*

i didn't notice you addressing my funkmaster flex submission

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif