Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TO TRULY UNDERSTAND JONATHAN PETERS

pglkm

I got this from deepernyc.com message board

this is the way to describe a night at the sound factory listening to JONATHAN PETERS:

A lot of people have been asking me questions lately about JPs sets, tech-house, musical feeling, etc. Maybe this might clear things up as to what it's all about...

JP played 3 outstanding hard sets on sat night. The amazing thing about these sets was that each of them had a different feel to it. One came from about 5-6, it was a tech set that was played with a deep overtone...LOVED it. Most people didn't seem to get the message, but it seemed as if JP was setting up for a real JOURNEY. The journey started off with this set, almost as if you were a traveller on the road not knowing what to expect. Are there lots of police pulling people over today? Are the conditions dangerous? Maybe i'll make the trip in record time? You never know.

Second hard set was all about dance energy. JP basically was saying.."this is my dance floor and i'm gonna rock it." Well he sure did a good job, cause there was some friggin spirit goin on downstairs with all the circle dancers and spinners. This set had me concetrating on bringing positive energy to the club. Got me thinking that every time you pick up your feet to dance and have fun you are releasing positive vibes throughout the club that everyone can pick up on. The more and more positive dancing that goes on in SF, the more people want to join in on the fun.

Third hard set....an amazing display of musical feeling. I don't know if anyone else felt what I felt...but I'm going to go into detail here....JP went into an outro mix at around 10:15 that I was amazed by. First he starts mixing the two songs...then just when u think he's going to go into song #2...he takes you back for a second...then starts a build up. This is no ordinary JP energy buildup though...it's a buildup of emotions. At first I was listening to one beat about to take off somewhere. Next I heard two simultaneous beats moving together in the same harmonious direction. At this point I knew he was going to take us on a ride with this mix. Next came three beats which now turned into three simultaenous feelings all moving together in the same direction. Then four, five, all the way up to seven feelings all coming together. ROOKIE DISCLAIMER: Notice...I said feelings...not records...I am NOT saying he took 7 records and threw them all together!

This mix continued on for a few minutes...went all the way up to 7, and then progessively went back down to about 2, until he started fucking with the progression! He would jump up to 5, back down to 3, up to 4, then back down to 1. It was almost masterful. He had me in a complete zone, and I must say that it's been a long time since my mind was captivated like this. Then, he faded out of that little remix on the fly by throwing in a beat as an outro. The thing was, this outro acted like a telescope. It zoomed me away from the mix which I was so focused on, and made it seem like there was a whole purpose to it that was more important. This leads me to the next song he went into...

I have no clue what this song was...nor do I care...but it was mixed up like a champ. It was built up very calmly, like a person who walks the street with a humble, shy, attitude, but is built like a rock inside. Once you look into this person's eyes...you can tell that he's very deep, but it can be hard to perceive this person totally. Until you fuck with him. Once you fuck with this guy you just let the demon inside come out. He wants to reach out and let you know all the fire he has inside...but wait...not yet...he's gonna wait for the right moment. Like a lion lurking in the fields...waiting for the right time to pounce on his next victim. The one thing is...this "lion" isn't the mean type. He's willing to give those who fuck with him ONE MORE CHANCE to redeem themselves...so he starts spitting out words from his mouth that act almost like a game of blackjack where HE is the dealer and all those who mess with him are the players. The dealer keeps pitching the players cards as if to say..."try me one more time bitch! You think you can outplay the house, give it your best shot!" Just then, when you think the song is going to explode into a fury...it suddenly shifts to the energy of this one player at the table. That player, winds up winning the hand that the dealer was so confident in winning himself. He then leaves the table respectfully but powerfully as if to say..."You may be a master of the game, but I've got some moves of my own buddy." It was an AMAZINGLY powerful and unexpected ending to what I thought was a completely mind-numbing set. I probably didn't even go into as much detail as I wanted to in my heart, cause sometimes this stuff is very difficult to explain. It's all about this feeling that exists deep down inside.

Jordan

thanks jordan..

Guest crystalmethodny

Personally.

It sounds like a mess.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Personally.

It sounds like a mess.

drum rolls steve...

all about the drum rolls.. i personally like to hear a dj who can build it up w/o the drum rolls..

your sig says it all buddy smile.gif

2 more days...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

i personally like to hear a dj who can build it up w/o the drum rolls..

Exactly.......that merits the skills of the DJ and not the producer of the track being played..... cwm12.gif

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

is that the jordan from syosset? does anyone know?

hes from somewhere in nassau, but not syosset.. hes a sf reg.. there almost every sat...

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

haha...yeah cause it sounds like the jordan i know.....hehe

i miss sf frown.gif

lol he just imed me asking me if i know ya.. lol i told him about this post, he was very pleased! i hear ya, i wont be going back untill the ann. party!

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

lol he just imed me asking me if i know ya.. lol i told him about this post, he was very pleased! i hear ya, i wont be going back untill the ann. party!

hehehehe...jordan is hilarious

ask him to tell u about the adventure we had driving down from binghamton to sf last year...oh boy

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

the most you can do for a friend is simply be a friend...

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

SNOW STORMS SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

i hate the snow!

haha...i think that weekend scarred me for life...

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

the most you can do for a friend is simply be a friend...

*shock horror*

DJ plays 3 (count them T-H-R-E-E) different sounding sets!! With a different 'feel' to them... WOW!!! JP IS the man.

Some people need to get out more, go check some other DJ's out...

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF