Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold vs. Tiesto vs. PVD

Thats not fair........all three are great!!!

Thats like having the world series, the superbowl, and nba championship on the same night....thats Rude and bad for business!!!!

if i had to pick..."Tiesto"

(Magik 6 (amsterdam) is still the best live performance i have ever heard)

peace

thorin

Tiesto. "Live @ Energy 2000", "In Search of Sunrise 2" -- he's versatile (good producer and live DJ) and damn good at what he does.... when he isn't off doing silly sets like what we saw at Gatecrasher.

I need to see him when he does an 8-hr set, which apparently he's more wont to do in his native Holland than state-side.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

Originally posted by deanna11:

Oakey. he would give us something different from what you can hear on his cd's

Cheese taste....we always discuss yur taste.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gifmyrlinpic2.jpg

The Future is what you make of it.....Dreams are powerful

**NONE of the above**

------------------

we live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always in all circumstances we are by ourselves.

The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone.

Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ectasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain

By it's very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude

Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies- all these are private and except through symbols and second hand, incommunicable.

We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves

Aldous Huxley, Doors of Perception.

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

Well . . .

1. Saw Oaky at Roxy and in Ibiza and he just really doesn't do it for me. He plays way too much cheese and has a bad habit of playing the same track 5 times but different mixes. az.gif

2. Saw Tiesto for the first time at Limelight last month and was disappointed as well. Listening to some of his live sets in Europe, I was expecting trance but with a kick to it. But at Limelight he played a lot of commercial trance. I can only assume that he was playing to the crowd, and will probably do it again if he ever returned to New York, so I don't think I would choose him unless I was in Europe. 1I.gif

3. I've been growing away from Trance lately, which means PVD too (yes, yes, B2B, you can tell me you told me so, later). Even though he's been spinning harder . . . it just isn't hard enough for me. Also, I heard his set at the WMC and he was spinning a lot of wierd experimental shit, and it didn't sound too good in my ear. So, I would only have to assume that this is what he will be spinning his next time at Twilo.

. . . so, I guess the answer would be NONE of the above.

HOWEVER, I have been really liking how Guy Ornadel's been spinning lately!! 1luvu.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Be as you wish to seem." — Socrates

boobielogo2.jpg

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 04-02-2001).]

Originally posted by blueangel:

\(yes, yes, B2B, you can tell me you told me so, later).

No i beleive i will do that now wink.gif Told you so!! The beats will ALWAYS go on.

Nah just joking you know it's horses for courses, veriety is the key anyway. I have a few trance CD's i bang on now and again.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

No i beleive i will do that now wink.gif Told you so!! The beats will ALWAYS go on.

11poke.gif Ohh quit it!

I know, I know . . . thought it would never happen, but it finally did. Trance just sounds more and more lame to me these days. I'm really liking the break beat sound and tech-house too!

BlueAngel

------------------

boobielogo2.jpg

11poke.gif Ohh quit it!

I know, I know . . . thought it would never happen, but it finally did. Trance just sounds more and more lame to me these days. I'm really liking the break beat sound and tech-house too!

BlueAngel

Tech house, does this mean i could talk you in to Richie Hawtin?

Ohhhh Charlie!!! Believe me . . . you too will change . . .eventually. It's unavoidable I'm afraid. cwm38.gif

BlueAngel

Hon... all I can say is kush, kush, kush, kush. cwm33.gif That beat does nothing for me...

Hmmm... maybe a new sound will come out and I'll change then... not tech house though...

cwm35.gif

------------------

March is a nightmare, hopefully April has betta dreams in store...

ezlogo1.gif

Oh DAMNIT!!

I thought this was a promo for the newest celebrity death match!

Now THAT would be interesting..

(I think Oakie would win though since he is the closeset to a Gorilla..probably shove PVD's sissy ass head up Tiesto's ass..

But then Oakie's head would explode from celebrity status...

Awee too bad..back to Twilo to listen to

Seb Fontain and Timo Mass!) cwm35.gif

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Hon... all I can say is kush, kush, kush, kush. cwm33.gif That beat does nothing for me...

Hmmm... maybe a new sound will come out and I'll change then... not tech house though...

cwm35.gif

I think you already listen to and like break beat . . . at least break beat trance . . . you just don't know it!! crazy3.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

boobielogo2.jpg

Richie Hawtin? Do ya have a CD?

BlueAngel

Yeh but nothing like he plays out.

Last two times he has mixed up his usuall sound with quiet a bit of Tech House. I will see what i can find and send it over.

He is back in Chicago in May.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Fuck having to chose, I'd hit up all three places, wait on line as long as I had to, and go see all of them.

K, bye.

-Scotty-

------------------

"I nEeD a SpIrIt WhO cAn ToUcH mY LiFe, I nEeD a VoIcE tO sPeAk tHe TrUtH, i NeEd A sOuL wHo WiLL bE oN mY sIdE, i NeEd A hEaRt i'LL nEvEr LoSe, SoMeOnE LiKe YoU... sOmEbOdY LiKe YoU....SoMeOnE LiKe yOu...SomEoNe LiKe yOu.....I NeEd SoMeBoDy WhO CaN MoVe My WoRLd, SoMeOne WhO kNoWs JuSt WhAt To Do, SoMeOne LiKe YoU..."
scotty.jpg

AOL:DaFiRmPrEz

I think you already listen to and like break beat . . . at least break beat trance . . . you just don't know it!! crazy3.gif

BlueAngel

BREAKBEAT!!!

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

biggrin.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

Richie Hawtin? Do ya have a CD?

BlueAngel

Richie Hawtin is Plastikman to most people wink.gif

but he is also FUSE

in short he did quite a lot in his life.

he is mostly recognized for his minimalist techno sound.

opss I quated the wrong message... whatever you got me.

------------------

I move smooth under water.

magicfiresheepSM.jpg

[This message has been edited by kingink24 (edited 04-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kingink24 (edited 04-02-2001).]