my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

I went to one right near us but I'm not sure if it's still there. It was called National Bartender's School and it was on 163rd street and Northern (near the post office, the Broadway Station, and across the street from Mama Cuccina's Pizzaria) Hope this helps

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Where are we again?

AIM: crackorn71

Originally posted by Crackorn:

I went to one right near us but I'm not sure if it's still there. It was called National Bartender's School and it was on 163rd street and Northern (near the post office, the Broadway Station, and across the street from Mama Cuccina's Pizzaria) Hope this helps

thanks Cracky smile.gif do you remember how much you paid for classes?

------------------

*sometimes I wonder if

my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

Originally posted by risa06:

thanks Cracky smile.gif do you remember how much you paid for classes?

yea.. how much was it?

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

yea.. how much was it?

shit...where the hell is he???? biggrin.gif

------------------

*sometimes I wonder if

my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

Well, it was in 1989 and I'm pretty sure I paid $200 for a two week course, four hours a day (I think I went from 6pm to 10pm) I'm not sure if the prices have gone up in the last 12 years or if that particular place is even still there. I am almost positive that there is still a National Bartenders School, just not sure on the location.

crack

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Where are we again?

AIM: crackorn71

damn....1989, I didn't even know how alcohol taste smile.gif Thanks for the info baby!

L

------------------

*sometimes I wonder if

my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

hey lola!

i took classes about 2 years ago and paid somewhere between 200-300. if you go with 1 or more people they adjust the price.

have fun smile.gif

------------------

"I was on a roll until you got here. If you weren't reading this, I'd have some free time. If I weren't writing this, you'd have some free time. Tag, you lose!" --josh mintz

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

Originally posted by sharonregina:

hey lola!

i took classes about 2 years ago and paid somewhere between 200-300. if you go with 1 or more people they adjust the price.

have fun smile.gif

hi smile.gif

where did you take those classes? was it the same school that Crackorn talking about?

L smile.gif

------------------

*sometimes I wonder if

my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

Originally posted by bungee:

This one ain't in Queens but it's good and cheap $115 for 5 week course. It's at Columbia U.

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.columbia.edu/cu/ccs/bartending/" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.columbia.edu/cu/ccs/bartending/</A>

i was planning on chekcing that one out but heard its only for students...

not true?

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

No, current student status not required. Call Elizabeth, 854-4537 for details. Classes start June, one evening each week for 5 weeks. Cheap as hell, it's actually $125. Job placement sucks but who cares? Knew someone made $1000 to $2000 for each Knick playoff shift. Shit load a stress if you can take it. Most can't.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

Thanks guyZ smile.gif yeah, 5 weeks its a lil too long (I'm planing to start making some $$$ by 5 weeks...lol)....I think it usually takes like a week and a half to finish the classes...ahhh, can't wait to start!!!

smile.gif

wussup girl biggrin.gif

I'm all about this shiot...I've had total

intentions of gettin my license the second I

get back from vacation. I work and go to school

at nights...so I personally wanna look into

some kinda weekend intensive training that

would be like 8 hours a day 2 days a week for

2 weeks..or some shit like that..we'll find it

and do it together...I have a close friend

of my family who owns decade on 61st..it's

an older crowd...but I'm gonna get in touch

with her and I'm sure she could give me some

real good leads...if not a training program

there at the club..

Originally posted by visions:

wussup girl biggrin.gif

I'm all about this shiot...I've had total

intentions of gettin my license the second I

get back from vacation. I work and go to school

at nights...so I personally wanna look into

some kinda weekend intensive training that

would be like 8 hours a day 2 days a week for

2 weeks..or some shit like that..we'll find it

and do it together...I have a close friend

of my family who owns decade on 61st..it's

an older crowd...but I'm gonna get in touch

with her and I'm sure she could give me some

real good leads...if not a training program

there at the club..

hey sweetheart!

let me know if you find something...you live in Queens right? I was planning on checking out this one school somewhere on Queens Blvd...I heard its $300 for a week...if you find anything email me at risa06@aol oK smile.gif or email me your addy so I can let you know whats going on smile.gif

ttyl

Lola

------------------

*sometimes I wonder if

my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

OK here's my 0.2 in the whole bartending school/bartending thing.

First off, I went to American Bartending School about 2yrs ago. Honestly...it wasnt too expensive and they teach you alot about drinks Blah blah blah,,,BUT you can just as easily get a bartending book, and memoriaze the drinks yourself! I swear!!!!! All it is, is memorizing shit! Thats it! Thats all yoiu learn at bartending school.

NOW, lets say you do go to school. Grant it, it doesnt hurt to be certified..but 99% of the time, when you go on the job hunt, they dont give a shit if you are certified or not. They want people with EXPERIENCE and who are fast.

ALSO...I had theis vision that bartending was a quick way to make alot of money..and fast. WRONG! There are places where you can make good money..but the people who have those jobs make careers out of them, because the money is so good. THe turn over isnt that quick.

Basically what I'm saying is...dont be fooled by "Cyote Ugly"...gettign a great money making job like that is few and far between.

JUst looking out~

Been there..done that~

cwm38.gif

why are u looking for bartending school ...?

you dont need it to get a job ... thata bunch of bullshit i started bartending at 19 with out ever going to school ... plus ur a good looking girl that will get u a bartending job at most places in the .. caniu open beers and mix vodka and cranberry ... umm ok that all u need. i hate when people waste money on bartending school ...

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com

Originally posted by divette:

OK here's my 0.2 in the whole bartending school/bartending thing.

First off, I went to American Bartending School about 2yrs ago. Honestly...it wasnt too expensive and they teach you alot about drinks Blah blah blah,,,BUT you can just as easily get a bartending book, and memoriaze the drinks yourself! I swear!!!!! All it is, is memorizing shit! Thats it! Thats all yoiu learn at bartending school.

NOW, lets say you do go to school. Grant it, it doesnt hurt to be certified..but 99% of the time, when you go on the job hunt, they dont give a shit if you are certified or not. They want people with EXPERIENCE and who are fast.

ALSO...I had theis vision that bartending was a quick way to make alot of money..and fast. WRONG! There are places where you can make good money..but the people who have those jobs make careers out of them, because the money is so good. THe turn over isnt that quick.

Basically what I'm saying is...dont be fooled by "Cyote Ugly"...gettign a great money making job like that is few and far between.

JUst looking out~

Been there..done that~

cwm38.gif

So, what the fuck is your point? That you can't make money in Bartending? Or, you can. You seem to be experienced so please share with us in detail. And where are the places that you can make a lot of money..but some people make a career out of them? These poor souls on here think it's a gold mine, you think not? How about some details to educate them into making an intelligent decision? Or are you full of shit.

------------------

so there

ok....for those who r interested...

American Bartending Assosiate in Astoria, Queens (37th ST. and Astoria Blvd) $199...one week...6-10PM. I'm gonna check it out tonight (since its like 15 min away from my house) and I'll post a review about this school tomorrow smile.gif

L biggrin.gif

------------------

*sometimes I wonder if

my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

ok....for those who r interested...

American Bartending Assosiate in Astoria, Queens (37th ST. and Astoria Blvd) $199...one week...6-10PM. I'm gonna check it out tonight (since its like 15 min away from my house) and I'll post a review about this school tomorrow smile.gif

L biggrin.gif

see now hun, if you were bartending exit, i might be more inclined to go..

wink.gif

definetly let me know how it goes smile.gif

------------------

scream.gif

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

you dont need it to get a job ... thata bunch of bullshit i started bartending at 19 with out ever going to school ... plus ur a good looking girl that will get u a bartending job at most places in the .. caniu open beers and mix vodka and cranberry ... umm ok that all u need. i hate when people waste money on bartending school ...

Okay now does this go for good looking guys? or just girls? Do you suggest going to bars, or clubs, what is the best solution to try and get experience?

Originally posted by Crackorn:

That's like 5 blocks from my house.....I didn't know I had neighbors on this board.

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Thanks guyZ smile.gif yeah, 5 weeks its a lil too long (I'm planing to start making some $$$ by 5 weeks...lol)....I think it usually takes like a week and a half to finish the classes...ahhh, can't wait to start!!!

smile.gif

------------------

*sometimes I wonder if

my dreams are wild...

sometimes I know they'll

all come true...

I need somebody who can

move MY world...

someone who knows just

what to do...*

someone like ~YOU~

If you really need money and in rush then that's better way to go. For others that can take their time, already got busy schedule with full time job and night school, then Columbia may be for you. You make your own decision, obviuosly, based on your needs. Quality wise they all probably more or less the same. Though, NEVER hurts to have Ivy League reputation backing you up, it can only help.

------------------

so there

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

joey's right, and divette too. a lot of it is going to be more about what you can do and how you look than if you're "certified." get some skills, buy a few ez-pour caps. the cool thing about american bartending is that they are always located ontop or below a bar, so they have you bartend there one night.

i went to a place in jersey, private co.- you pretty much teach yourself and go there to practice and learn off the people you're there with.

in terms of jobs- placement does not exist- i did a few private party gigs, but none hooked up from the "school."

i know one girl who just started bartending somewhere in they city recently with no, experience- it's totally if you look good, they'll train you.

if you decide not to take the classes- you can have my notebook smile.gif

------------------

"I was on a roll until you got here. If you weren't reading this, I'd have some free time. If I weren't writing this, you'd have some free time. Tag, you lose!" --josh mintz

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire