Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need advice for trip to Hawaii

I will be going to New Orleans and then Hawaii in October for my honeymoon. We plan on partying hard in New Orleans for a few days and then spending the next 2 weeks in Hawaii. We want some of the time to be relaxing and sightseeing but also to have access to nightlife/clubs. I know someone asked recently about this but didn;t get much of a response. Anyone know where the clubs in Hawaii are? Which Islands?

I wouldn't bother with clubs in Hawaii. I went to a couple in Waikiki Beach and "suck" is pretty much a compliment to them. Save the clubbing for New York and enjoy something you only get in Hawaii - the nature. If you can make it to Kauai, it's definitely worth a trip - just be sure to stay a while. I spent about a week there last summer, and for the first three days I was twitching "Hey, where's the bars? WHat are we going to do tonight?" And starting on day four I descended into the island rhythm and it was SOOOO NICE!

And then on the way back to LA, the cargo door seal of the airplane came loose (lost some cabin pressure and stuff like that), so they turned the plane back to Honolulu and we got to spend an extra night!

------------------

it's funny until somebody gets hurt. and then it's even funnier.

My boyfriend and I were in Hawaii this past July. As for clubs, there aren't many. And the few that they do have really don't constitute as clubs.

We spent 3 days in Waikiki and a week on the Big Island. The Big Island was definitely interesting to see b/c of all the different climates they have based on one small island. While on the big island we did horseback riding through the rainforest, helicopter ride over volcanos, and deep sea fishing. Unfortunately, in order to get somewhere on that island, it's like a 40 minute drive.

From what we heard, Maui is worth checking out. We didn't make it there this last trip, but I'll make we get there next time! wink.gif

------------------

pbc.gif

Originally posted by playboychick:

My boyfriend and I were in Hawaii this past July...

Coincidentally, that's where and when I was on my honeymoon. Like everyone else said, forget about clubbing. Connecticut has a more happening scene. Everything on Waikiki shuts down by midnight. Enjoy the scenery.

Here are a few tips for Oahu:

1) Although they won't tell you over the phone, Budget (at the airport) has a few Jag XK8 convertibles for only $25 a day more than Mustang convertibles. Reserve a mustang before you go and ask if they have any "specialty cars" when you get to the rental counter.

2) Have dinner/watch sunset at "Hoku."

3) Find a beach named "Lanikai."

4) Bring weed.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

ur going on ur honeymoon?????? so wouldnt u rather do something else (along the horizontal lines) than go clubbing?????

------------------

didn't know i was looking for love till i found u.....

i just want to dance, i just want to lose it, i just want the chance to finally let go...are you feeling me like i'm feeling you, right here, right now?

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

ur going on ur honeymoon?????? so wouldnt u rather do something else (along the horizontal lines) than go clubbing?????

Easy there! We are going to be there for a full 2 weeks or so and yes we will do our share of sightseeing, relaxing, watching the sunset and enjoying our new married status and of course the horizontal type of entertainment, which will probably be a nightly event. However, one of the things that makes us compatible is the fun that we have going out. Whether it is sitting at a bar all night getting drunk, hanging with the bartenders and watching the Yanks (which will probably happen since it will be WS time) or going dancing/clubbing which my girl loves. It will all be a part of our trip.

Incidentally, after getting engaged on top of the Empire State Building and enjoying a brunch and then 'horizontal celebration', we went to Centro-Fly that night and told anyone we could about the engagement. You think people are friendly normally in that environment, try springing news like that on them! It was a celebration all over again!

Thanks to all those that responded.

[This message has been edited by armada (edited 04-04-2001).]