Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Maxim, Man Show, Stuff, etc. Is anyone else finding these creations dumb stereotypes.

Maxim was fun the first few times I read it, but now its just the dumbest, most misguided, and hypocritical publication I've ever seen. I mean they try to disguise themselves as a magazine that truly speaks out to men, a stereotypical carlovingbeerdrinkingsexcrazed asshole. But their ridiculous runway fashion section with clothes that cost five times as much as any guy I know would ever buy is pissing me off.

Man Show...what can I say, it has its moments, but overall I would rather get decapitated right now than become someone like Adam or Jimmy, or any of the assholes in the audience cheering their asses off.

This isnt helping what females think of the average guy, and I for one would like to say that I'm not down with that program ladiez.

...Yet I'm strangely drawn to this shit, and its almost like I have to watch or read it to just see what its all about. cwm31.gif

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

i don't know what you're talking about... my name has NOTHING to do with the magazine... there's a magazine with the same name as me!? I'm gonna go see the copyright office about this!

max·im (mksm)

n.

A succinct formulation of a fundamental principle, general truth, or rule of conduct. See Synonyms at saying.

------------------

It's all about the FUN... PeaCe...

Every issue of Maxim is the same as the previous issue.. All the articles are the same, only the pictures change.. but of course they have some of the hottest girls posing for them.

Now.. "The Man Show" is amusing for a little bit, however it is a sad representation of 90% of the male population who would rather sit at home, guzzle beer, and ogle at women.. of course you must wear a plaid flannel shirt while doing so.

Look.. I'll be the first to admit I'm a sexist pig and yes I love women.. but damn if I'll ever be caught dead wearing a plaid flannel shirt, and boots, while drinking beer and working on my 'gut

I guess I agree, but also, I think all of us here are smart enough not to take it too seriously.

As far as the Man Show, and the X show, they are kinda funny but grating after a while.

Maxim, on the other hand, I think is ok. Not spectacular, nothing I would subscribe to. But actually, I've talked to alot of women who read it too and think it's funny. I guess they want to see what our testosterone does...

As far as the clothes thing...

Every fashion oriented magazine does that...GQ, Details, etc. They always have 5k watches and 5k suits on like starving artists, etc. And of course, always in women's magazines (Elle, Cosmo, etc.)

I think the point is to get the style and trend that is going on, seeing what's influencing the designers when they show their runway collection. Alot of that stuff eventually gets toned down and trickles into their consumer stuff. Prada sorta brought back the late 60's and early 70's mod type stuff. Now, we're starting to see alot of the bold colors from the 80's for this spring.

Whoops that's a bit lenghty. Point being, they don't expect you to buy that $350 v-neck. Just get the gist and buy the $35 one made of similar material, cut, feel.

Peace.

------------------

furnace.gif

"Concentrate, it's in your reach..."