Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The only thing to fear is fear itself!

except for when you have to go to the dentist and have your teeth drilled out and feel that searing sensation when they blow that cold air on your raw nerves. eek, i'm a 'fraidy cat..... cwm31.gif

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by uknjx2:

except for when you have to go to the dentist and have your teeth drilled out and feel that searing sensation when they blow that cold air on your raw nerves. eek, i'm a 'fraidy cat..... cwm31.gif

cwm31.gif

Sorry honey...I feel for you!!! I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled, but I refuse to go!!! Dentist drills....EWWWWW!!!!

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

hey, all this dentist bashing... i'm a dentist. u guys should come see me! no pain, i swear. i treat kids all day, i rarely get a crier, and when i do its usually a behavioral thing. if you r in a lot of pain at your dentist, go to a different dentist!

------------------

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn...Jim Morrison

Originally posted by drfunk:

hey, all this dentist bashing... i'm a dentist. u guys should come see me! no pain, i swear. i treat kids all day, i rarely get a crier, and when i do its usually a behavioral thing. if you r in a lot of pain at your dentist, go to a different dentist!

for real? my dude is the biggest dick. i have 2 fake teeth with the two on each side of them being porcelain veneers. this thing has cracked or broken three times now and each time the sensation of having cold air blown on my mouth sends me through the roof....it just gets worse and he doesn't think it can poss. hurt b/c of the amount of shots he gives me. i'm only going back to him b/c i feel he needs to give me a discount since this thing keeps breaking. i never used to be afraid until i got this thing done....but i have to say he does a good job b/c i love the end result.....eeek, so fwightened......

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

Hey Dr. Funk, I need a wisdom tooth pulled. I don't have a dentist here in NY. Can you recommend one? I think I'm covered under Aetna if you know of one that accepts that, I'd appreciate it.

------------------

cwm42.gif

Peace,

-=808=-

.:J:.

LETS GO METS!!!

I hear ya'. As a child, I had to get every tooth pulled. For some reason they were unable to come out on their own. And to make matters worse, there were always bleeding complications.

You'd think I'd have more fear of the dentist, but my attitude is "Get it done and over with!"

I have to agree with DrFunk, if you're dentist is causing you pain, you either need to speak up or switch dentists.

------------------

pbc.gif

for real? my dude is the biggest dick. i have 2 fake teeth with the two on each side of them being porcelain veneers. this thing has cracked or broken three times now and each time the sensation of having cold air blown on my mouth sends me through the roof....it just gets worse and he doesn't think it can poss. hurt b/c of the amount of shots he gives me. i'm only going back to him b/c i feel he needs to give me a discount since this thing keeps breaking. i never used to be afraid until i got this thing done....but i have to say he does a good job b/c i love the end result.....eeek, so fwightened......

some people are more difficult to get numb than others, especially if u have an active infection. i almost never have difficulty getting someone numb, if i do its because of infection and i prescribe pain medication and antibiotics and have the patient return in a week.

i cant say that your dentist is doing anything wrong because ive never seen u but,

if your veneers have broken three times already u might want to consider seeing a prosthodontist who specializes in that sort of thing.

good luck!

------------------

Originally posted by blueguy808:

Hey Dr. Funk, I need a wisdom tooth pulled. I don't have a dentist here in NY. Can you recommend one? I think I'm covered under Aetna if you know of one that accepts that, I'd appreciate it.

Check your pm

------------------