Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dan Grimaldi(Patsi Parsi) From the spo soprano's is my Microsoft Applications Teacher

No joke, I'm going to get a picture of him next monday with my camera and post it. He's Richie's twin brother. It's really him acting as both, but i was in such a shock when i found out. I had him for a month before i realized it was him, he looked different without his glasses. He's the guy who pissed in Tony Sopranos' pool. Anyway he gave me the low down on Ralphie, and apperantly he's not getting whacked because he signed a 4 year contract.

------------------

an4.gif

the writer of the sopranos said next year is the last year so how can he sign a 4 year deal.

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

A ho don't make a housewife.

pappa's been smooth since the days of underoos!!!!

AOL J303J

Speaking of him, check out this article frrm this fridays Staten Island Advance. (A Mob boss was just convicted and PAtsi Pasiso was at the trial of his good friend

he is in the 2nd to last paragraph)

Mobster convicted in 3 killings

72-year-old Anthony Spero of Huguenot faces life in prison

04/06/01

BY KATI CORNELL SMITH

ADVANCE STAFF WRITER

Anthony Spero's jaw dropped yesterday as jurors found the 72-year-old Huguenot gangster guilty of ordering three murders and running the Bonanno crime family's gambling and loansharking rackets.

As the judge went through each charge, the jury forewoman answered "proven" nine times, sealing Spero's fate. The verdict was punctuated by wrenching sobs from Spero's girlfriend, who collapsed into her daughter's lap and then fled the courtroom. The defendant's two daughters appeared shocked, but remained calm enough to comfort Spero's brother, who was crying.

For others, yesterday brought a victorious end to a difficult prosecution. After 30 years of surveillance and trailing of Spero, law enforcement brought him down with a "powerful circumstantial case," said Assistant U.S. Attorney James Walden, who led the prosecution team.

Jurors convicted Spero based on the testimony of 10 mob "rats" -- a motley crew that ranged from gun-wielding, tattooed hitmen to a high-ranking mob snitch, Alphonse D'Arco, former acting boss of the Luchese family.

Walden said: "Mr. Spero was very successful at avoiding traditional law enforcement techniques. It was very difficult for the agents to wiretap him, and as a result, we relied very heavily on accomplice witnesses. But I think the jury's seen that they were very credible and they were corroborated."

Spero was immediately taken into custody -- ending 18 months of house arrest in his Edgegrove Avenue home -- and faces life in prison. A sentencing date has not been scheduled.

According to the trial evidence, Spero spent 30 years climbing to a top spot in the Bonanno crime family, simultaneously evading conviction for any serious crime.

His longevity was due largely to his reclusive style. Unlike John Gotti, Spero did not glory in his notoriety. By keeping a low profile, he avoided the traditional snares set by law enforcement agents, such as tapped phone lines and bugged coffee tables, which brought down the now jailed-for-life boss of the Gambino family.

Spero's downfall ultimately resulted from the mob's descent into drug dealing. The most damaging testimony came from crack-peddling henchmen who had numbers tattooed on their ankles to identify them as members of the "Bath Avenue Crew."

They chose self-preservation over allegiance to the Bonanno crime family and the age-old Mafia tradition of "omerta" to instead strike deals with the government. They testified about the three murders at the heart of the government's case.

Behind each of the killings, prosecutors pointed to "a personal show of disrespect to Spero and his power in the neighborhood," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Greg Andres.

Spero ordered an ambitious Bonanno underling, Paul Gulino, to take out a neighborhood junkie who'd burglarized the Brooklyn home of Spero's daughter, Jill Spero. Vincent Bickelman was shot nine times for this transgression.

Gulino himself soon became a victim of Spero's wrath. As ringleader of the notorious Bath Avenue Crew, Gulino had plotted to murder Spero.

Just days before Gulino was killed, cohorts saw him angrily "mush" Spero's face with his hand. Spero was convicted of recruiting two members of Gulino's own crew to rub him out.

A third murder victim, Louis Tuzzio, set out to please his boss by whacking Costabile (Gus) Farace -- a Prince's Bay gangster hunted by all five New York crime families and federal investigators for killing federal drug enforcement agent Everett Hatcher in Charleston during an undercover drug buy. But Tuzzio and his cohorts made the grave mistake of wounding the son of a Gambino soldier in the process.

Commenting on what can happen to overzealous mobsters, Andres said: "Paul Gulino and Louis Tuzzio expected to be made -- become inducted members of the Bonanno family. They approached Mr. Spero and asked him directly, completely violating the protocol of organized crime."

This depiction of Spero's ruthlessness is a far cry from the grandfatherly image painted by his defense team. Defense attorney Gerald Shargel described Spero as a pigeon-fancying upholsterer whose gambling interests were limited to betting on bird races and playing pinochle and poker in his Bath Avenue social club.

Shargel downplayed the importance of dozens of surveillance photos showing Spero in attendance at high-profile mob gatherings -- everything from the wedding of Gotti's daughter Victoria to wakes for various Mafia bosses.

The defense attorney expressed surprise at the verdict. "My client is obviously disappointed. It makes me wonder whether the presumption of innocence is just words on paper," said Shargel. He had argued that prosecutors were trying to prove "guilt by association" and capitalize on Hollywood's myth of the mob -- as he put it, sprinkling "Mafia dust" on the defendant.

And indeed, right there in the courtroom, the line between real-life mobsters and the Mafia of the movies was often blurred. The best-known face in the spectators' gallery had to be that of "Sopranos" star Dan Grimaldi. The actor, who plays supporting character Patsy Parisi, was a regular throughout the month-long trial, and as brother to Spero's girlfriend, he wasn't just there to research his role.

The hard-hitting, unambiguous guilty verdict brought the reality of Mafia life home to everyone in the courtroom. There was no glamour here.

------------------

"Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."

"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?"

"Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire."