Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Contact lenses suck for clubbing

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

Does anyone else wear them? Any bad experiences in clubs with them?

Every time I go to a club, at some point my contacts get dried up and become uncomfortable to wear, so I have to take them out. Also for that reason, I have to carry with me a lens case, rewetting drops, and my glasses - all of these things cause a hassle when security searches me at the door.

One of these days I'll get laser surgery... has anyone had any experiences with that?

Mine get so dried out this time of year and in the winter. They're a pain in the ass but usually when I'm clubbing, I'm too fucked up to really care about them.

I'm all for that laser surgery, I just don't think I'm a candidate.

Either wear your glasses, go out blind, get the surgery, take more drugs, drink more alcohol or whatever you possibly can so that you don't give a rat's ass about how much your contact lenses SUCK and you just enjoy yourself!! cwm12.gif

------------------

You're only young once

they suck cuz they dry and fall out...but i just bring saline, it's fine:P

usually i don't wear my contacts the day i go out...so i wont have them in for an extended period of time.

also, don't sleep with them in!!! -=/ my eyes were ALLLLLLL red the next morning;/

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays & TUNNEL saturdays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

Originally posted by dale77:

They're a pain in the ass but usually when I'm clubbing, I'm too fucked up to really care about them.

take more drugs, drink more alcohol or whatever you possibly can so that you don't give a rat's ass about how much your contact lenses SUCK and you just enjoy yourself!! cwm12.gif

exactly... im never bothered by them but hey... they could just fall out and there r times where i wouldnt even notice lol

------------------

veronica.jpg

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with."

PrncssVrnc---> AIM

Guest danwang

Thanks for all the replies.

I'd opt for disposables, but since I have astigmatism, the doc prescribed toric lenses that are more expensive and are supposed to be worn for 3 months. Maybe I should give up a little bit of sight for more convenience.

Sometimes after taking out the lenses, I've just gone "blind" - no contacts, no glasses. It does suck not being able to see the hotties though. smile.gif

About wearing glasses, maybe I should just do that for the whole time. But for some reason it makes me tired more easily. Also, any style makes my ugly face look even uglier - what if there's a hottie I want to talk to, or vice versa? (don't tell my gf that! =P ) Just kidding about that last one.

Also, before I go out, I do take out and soak my lenses before putting them in again right before heading out. Helps a bit, but still not 100%. Also, for some reason those rewetting drops feel nasty after a few applications.

I did carry saline solution before, but when I went to the Tunnel, the security guard wouldn't let me bring it in - she said no liquids allowed. I need to find a similar size (travel/trial size) bottle, but lugging even that around, whether in my pants pocket, or bugging the coat check person to get it from my coat, sucks.

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 04-09-2001).]

Originally posted by lillizzy:

also, don't sleep with them in!!! -=/ my eyes were ALLLLLLL red the next morning;/

I guess I'm lucky.. not only am I fine in clubs, but I don't even get irritated when I sleep with them. I've had contacts for about 6 months, and I've done it a dozen times by now. I've even worn them for 20 hour stretches.

Big advantages to disposables: get sloppy drunk, and you don't have to worry about cleaning them. Crash someplace, wake up in the morning, and you've got a fresh pair. Nice.

------------------

Aphelion

Originally posted by danwang:

I'd opt for disposables, but since I have astigmatism, the doc prescribed toric lenses that are more expensive and are supposed to be worn for 3 months.

Fuck it.. I'm the same, and went with disposables for the convenience. Astigmatism is usually in only one eye (that's the way these imperfections go, they are never perfect,) so you won't lose much. Optometrists have lens trials available for free in case you want to switch. I went through four pairs myself.

Sometimes after taking out the lenses, I've just gone "blind" - no contacts, no glasses. It does suck not being able to see the hotties though. smile.gif

I went like this for over 10 years ... I just refused to wear glasses when I was a kid, and it never occured to me that there was anything wrong when I got older. Imagine that. I am -1.25 in each eye, for reference (it's kind of bad.)

------------------

Aphelion

my advice

go to a real eye doctor (MD)

try on all kinds of lenses until they find an optimum fit for you. I really wanted Acuvue 2's because of the phat commercial, but my doctor said they fit horribly. Lenses are supposed to move a couple millimeters when you blink, they can see that... Point is, if they fit well, you dont even have to take them out

I usually wear 2 week disposables for 2-3 weeks, never take them out, haven't had an infection ever, been doing this for 2 years.

good luck

peace out

phil

Originally posted by westchesterboy:

my advice

go to a real eye doctor (MD). try on all kinds of lenses until they find an optimum fit for you.

Sure, for whatever that's worth.. "real eye doctors," ophthalmologists, don't dispense contact lenses, so you're going to have a hard time. Nearly all optometrists practice in places like Pearle Vision and Lenscrafters.

I usually wear 2 week disposables for 2-3 weeks, never take them out, haven't had an infection ever, been doing this for 2 years.

Woah, wait a second here.. you never take them out in the 2-3 week span??!

------------------

Aphelion

OH! If you do bring saline to a club, be prepared to use it. When I was being searched they made me put it in my eye, guess they were making sure it wasn't GHB or any other drug that comes in a liquid form.

------------------

You're only young once