Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Suggestions please:Cool NYC House clubs

Im off to New York for 10 days on the 8th o May,can anyone suggest any good clubs or bars i can try,dont want antythin comercial,good house n garage,somthin a little different,i like small dark clubs with a good friendly vibe,not too up yer own arse type o thing!real stylish but no pretence,i hear lower east side is quite cool,u got any suggestions let us know.

THANX

Oh wots the score with dress codes plz,im not takin much stuff with me i like too wear my jeans if poss,they are my bestest ever pair of course!oh and my stilleto boots...dress down to dress up yeah

dont get me wrong i not into dives i like to stylish be but casual and comfy...

Thanx

Jen

[This message has been edited by jen5218 (edited 04-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by jen5218 (edited 04-07-2001).]

hi jen listen if you want to have a good time .. try to hit the tunnel if your in town .. its uptown

------------------

Glowball.jpg

-------------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com">

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com</A>

page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

centro-fly has great house and a good vibe its on 221 between 5th and 6th. thursday is the best, but fri and sat are cool too.

------------------

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn...Jim Morrison

Or you can try the famous Twilo...depending on what night you could get anything from techno to house to trance...they get in world famous DJs like Digweed, Sasha, Howells, PvD, etc...

check the schedule on www.twilo.com

Fri night is a straighter crowd with the globe-trotting DJs...

Sat night is gay night with Junior Vasquez...sometimes they have other DJs (European) till 6am (thus a more mixed crowd till 6), and then Junior.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

You will definitely want to check out Vinyl Fri... small, underground feel, you can dress any old way you please, and the vibe is real chill and friendly. Danny T spins some really great house. I don't know what's going on at Twilo that night, but they have a rotating cast of djs, usually more trancey but sometimes they have good house djs too.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

Originally posted by jen5218:

Im off to New York for 10 days on the 8th o May,can anyone suggest any good clubs or bars i can try,dont want antythin comercial,good house n garage,somthin a little different,i like small dark clubs with a good friendly vibe,not too up yer own arse type o thing!real stylish but no pretence

Now that is what i am talking 'bout.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF