Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo cards?

Originally posted by furnace:

Casey...I have to respectuflly disagree with you on this one.

If you just go 7 times on reduced, saving 5 bucks each time, it already has paid for itself.

And there are other side benefits, such as special parties, shorter lines, and guaranteed admission. You won't have to wait in line for 2 hours and then leave fustrated like last PVD (that happened to one of my friends).

I tend to avoid these nights too because of the crowding, but with the card in effect, as Spoony said, there should be more room to dance. But even if you go on normal non-crazy nights it still saves you time and money.

No brainer for me...

cwm12.gif

Like I said, I didn't realize that they were going to SERIOUSLY abide by their occupancy limit from now on. If that's the case then yea, this card would definately come in handy. However, the advertisement that I got didn't say anything about reduced admission. Or maybe I didn't read it more carefully.

BlueAngel

------------------

“Self-image sets the boundaries of individual accomplishment." — Maxwell Maltz

boobielogo2.jpg

Guest danwang

I wonder what will happen if the number of people buying cards is more than the max capacity of the club...

I also wonder if it might have an effect on people who travel great distances for a particular night. Don't they (at least those who aren't "tourists") add a little bit of flavor to the club? At the last PvD night, I overheard someone saying that he came all the way from Germany just for that event! Anyways, it certainly would suck if they came all the way and found out they couldn't get in.

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Guest danwang

Originally posted by p00h:

where and when can i buy this? can i igot to twilo during the day today and get one at the office???

Yup, today (Thursday) and tomorrow only, 1-5 pm... ring the bell and say you're coming to purchase a card... that's what the email says...

------------------

Originally posted by danwang:

Yup, today (Thursday) and tomorrow only, 1-5 pm... ring the bell and say you're coming to purchase a card... that's what the email says...

druul. thanx for the info, i'm out like stout, w27!!!

------------------

they just strut, what the fuck?

Originally posted by danwang:

Does anyone know if these are good for a year? Or for life (as long as you're good smile.gif )?

Let's just say it's for a year - if you go more than 7 times in a year, then you'll make up the difference and start saving $.

I wonder if they include Wednesdays, in which case that would essentially be a comp.

btw Has anyone been to a "private" or "members-only" event at Twilo? If so, details please.

I've been to a private party(essentially VIP area by the pyramid steps) at Twilo for the last diggers it was pretty tight, I was supposed to be there for one with DT/CC too but couldn't make it oh well

cwm11.gif

------------------

Who can take tomorrow Dip it in a dream

Separate the sorrow

And collect a ball of cream

The candy man

The candy man can

The candy man can because he mixes it with love

And makes the world taste good

Don't get me wrong I love Twilo-but this is the kind of thing that happens when a underground club-gets really popular-and when the management want to make money off people. I doubt they will control the crowd size any-but like blueangle said only time will tell. Why would they want to give people discounts and loose money on entrances-whats in it for them?

I am not convinced that they truly want the vibe to be better and to make us Twilo goers happy.

I'm sorry-but why the hell have they been letting the place get so packed lately. I haven't had a good time (really) since September-its just too crowded!

Its just not the same Twilo I fell in love with **tear in eye**

cwm36.gif

------------------

As I dance I create my own language... with every beat of my heart is the music I will dance through life to.

The only real issue I have with the card is that Twilo takes your name and PICTURE when you buy it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a bit "camera-shy" when I'm clubbing. The last thing I'd want is to make it easier to ID me. Considering that I'm a crackhead, I kinda take my anonymity seriously.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

On second thought... I might get it just so that they hopefully stop harrassing me about my drivers license (picture all scratched up). And this isn't the first (and unfortunately not the last) time I've wasted 35 bucks...

------------------

it's funny until somebody gets hurt. and then it's even funnier.

are these the Twilo VIP card you guys are disscussing? .... how do you get one?..i did not get anything in the mail frown.gif .. and i signed up with them at that little table in the lounge by the entrance... do you have to pay for them?... and

"It's supposed to automatically put you on the house <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> (which closes at 2am) and guarantee (?) entrance before 4 am.

whats the point of the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> if its comps? - or do you just get a reduced entrance?.... and how do they enforce guaranteed entrance before 4 am?

oh and

if anyone has any info on danwang's question

btw Has anyone been to a "private" or "members-only" event at Twilo? If so, details please.

-thanks

------------------

ArthurTwilo(Logo).jpg

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

Guest danwang

Well if they didn't take pics, think of how easy it would be for peeps to pass a card around, and how frequently it would happen.

I guess they could match up the name against whatever other ID you have, but perhaps that's too much work for them.

On a slightly different, but similar, topic, how often have you seen people with fake ID's denied entrance to Twilo? How does the frequency compare to other clubs?

I've been pretty deprived of such experiences, but I saw it happen on the Sven Vath night... some girl showed ID, the bouncer asked her birthday, she seemed to be speechless, and he said "It's not you"... but I think I saw her in the club later on...

Did anyone else here happen to see that when it happened?

------------------

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Point is...

Starting this weekend, the club is promising to severly limit admission on special event nights.

This would ensure your entry into a club that has room to dance on nights that have been traditionally too packed to move.

Are you serious? HALLIFUCKINGLUYAHH....

Originally posted by translucent:

Aside from your photo, what other personal information did they want?

name, address, birthdate, e-mail...

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

I'm confused.. I signed up for some card a few weeks ago and they gave me a little card with Twilo and smth else on it They took down all my info too.. Is this it or is it smth else??????

that's the free twilo card that just gets you the regular $5 discount. this is the $35 twilo "member" card that supposedly gets you all the benefits previously dicussed. oh yeah, it's good for one year from registration date.

knightcrawler~ (twilo member #117) cwm13.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus