Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roxy review (of friday, 4/13: armand van helden & MR. NO-SHOW!)

color me bummed, kids.

i went to the roxy early because, these days, i've been waiting on line 2 and a half hours everywhere i go. when my friend and i showed up the place was as empty as a college student's refridgerator. we waited for the place to fill up but it never really did. that would've been ok, had the vibe been lively, but no such luck. the crowd seemed to be people whose neighborhood bars were shut down for good friday.

my friend and i were there to see paul johnson and the guy never showed. the music was dull all night, and i only danced the last hour and a half or so because a girl's gotta get her dance on. i stayed till the end, as i always do, but this time it was 'cause i was hoping that the music would get better.

but i did run into some clubplanet peeps, and that made the evening all worthwhile. i hung out with offshoot and shyster76 (sp.?), both of whom i met at the dinner meetup back in feb. they don't post very often, but if you do know these guys (he and she, respectively), you know how chill they are! offshoot was longing for some commercial house lastnight and shyster76 was looking for JEEZ, anything better than THAT. what happened?!? i found crossy, too, and met his gf. he'll be at the meetup next week, as will i.

i'm looking forward to that and to kind 2; i'm sure next friday will much more than make up for lastnight.

smile.gif