Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Apple: Another fine meetup

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

'Twas another fun and fine night at the Clubplanet (ClubNYC) meetup... thanks again to blueangel for putting this on and to all who came

Great to see some people from before, and meet some new ones... too many to mention here, but y'all know who you are... If I didn't get to meet you, I'm sure I was pretty easy to spot, so we'll probably see other around at the clubs. So hopefully then we'll get to meet.

Mel-o-d: Remember Mike's (apotheosis) advice about how to handle whoever your man may be! smile.gif

I'm gonna be away so it's going to be my first weekend off from clubbing in a while (or what feels like a while).

Hmm... should I bring my laptop? If not, can I deal with not being on the board for two days? smile.gif

It's kinda interesting that there were more than a few people who admitted it was kinda strange telling their non-board friends about their plans to come to something like this meetup. What are the best things to say for this? I'm guessing that "I'm going to meet with people I talk to on the internet" is not one of them.

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 04-20-2001).]

Originally posted by mugwump:

Sniff-sniff..

I had to work till 10:00!

next time guys... cwm45.gif

I feel your pain man...

I had to stay at work for 3 extra hours until my head started spinnin like digweed spinnin a track on a friday night

cwm3.gif

------------------

TwiloFireDude@aol.com

Working is a way for us to go through the week fast enough , so we could get to the weekend, and have the fun!!! "Not Really...I can't back that up...Work sux...let it be weekend at all the time"

Originally posted by danwang:

It's kinda interesting that there were more than a few people who admitted it was kinda strange telling their non-board friends about their plans to come to something like this meetup. What are the best things to say for this? I'm guessing that "I'm going to meet with people I talk to on the internet" is not one of them.

yeah! i just say, "i'm going out to dinner," and see if people ask with whom. that's when i start getting sketchy and speak in abstract concepts, like "they're these people that i know but i haven't really met them yet but they're friends and ...you know." but i speak like that most of the time, so people don't really notice. plus, the person i'm talking to can tell that if he or she tries to challenge that bizarre answer i just gave, it's just gonna get even harder to understand and can't help but get weirder.

but i had a great time, too, even though i was feeling a little sketchy from being a little too overworked and overplayed (!), it being friday, and it being 4/20. in case you're wondering who i am, i was the fool who giggled uncontrollably at seemingly random intervals. but hey, you fools may have been too drunk to notice!

cwm12.gif

can't wait till next time!

weyes

I had a f'in great time at Apples!!! I met so many new people, too bad I cant remember the names right now...still recovering from exit and vinyl!!!

thanks again to blueangel for settin it up..

and a special thanks to apotheosis, djmoonshine, clubkat, crystalmethodnyc and rachel for making my unbelievable!!!

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Originally posted by danwang:

sometimes i'll just say "friends of friends." but for the most part, my friends don't care what i do. however, they do make fun of me when i go online in class to post. they say to me, "[deanna11], you're such a nerd. why the hell do you waste so much time on that damn board?"

------------------

[img]http://glowballsig.gif|/img]

Originally posted by SmileNYC:

I had a GREAT time too...At last, I now can put some faces to your screennames.. I guess I'll see you around in clubs now smile.gif Thanx to BlueAngel for the organization.

Cheers to all...

-Onur cwm16.gif

Hi sweetie...it was really nice meeting you there. Sorry I was 'flying a bit too high' that night (again cwm4.gif ).

Anyway, I had a great time with all of you... till the next one...

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com

Guest danwang

Originally posted by rachel1997:

How come I didn't meet you?

To whom are you asking this question?

If it's me, then if I'm not mistaken, we sat at the same table!

Didn't you head out to Exit afterwards (or later in the night) for Mike's gig? If so, how was it?

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 04-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 04-23-2001).]

OMg, yes.

Great time, it was very cool meeting new faces and seeing all those old acquaintances.

SmileNYC, CMB1975, DJMoonshine, ClubKat to name a few.

Weyes... thank you so much for the brownie. You made my saturday night.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

definitely an interesing night...

had fun...

got scared...(people involved know who they are...)...

and then fun again...

great meeting some of you...onur, john, andy, yvette(sweet yvette)...christine, denise(hope things got better with my fellow countryman david...)...

can't wait to meet the others...

cwm20.gifcwm6.gifcwm20.gif

Guest danwang

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

And honestly, advice? what advice? How did we start talking about my love life? God they made good vodka tonics.

Apotheosis, help me out here...

melod, I'm talking about that conversion that started out with out "lay the man like wood"... remember?

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath