Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo will get shut down

It goes like this... the mayor wants to be able to say, "Look what I did for the city, I cleaned up the windshield wipers, the clubbers, the ravers, the homeless, beers from any festivals, I censored art, yada, yada."

Then turn that around and the brunt of this shit comes down to the clubbers where the management takes it out on its patrons so they can say, "Look what we're doing, yada, yada..." to the Mayor. It's an ass kissing contest where we are the only losers out of this scenario.

It's a trickle down effect. The mayor has aspirations of being a Senator, no doubt. Wanna talk moderation, let's start with the mayor. I'm sorry I voted for that fuck in the first place.

Dinkins allowed everything. Giuliani allows nothing. Where the hell is Koch when you need him...

And no, shutting down clubs solves nothing, doesn't even make a small dent in the grand scheme of things...

------------------

March... a month of bad music. April.. a month of pure nightmares.

ezlogo1.gif

the way i see it, the same people who do drugs in the clubs, will do drugs outside of the clubs, so either way everyone is still doing drugs and OD'ing and shit. so whats the difference if they do drugs on the street or in a club, you still have the same outcome. think about it

------------------

finalcopy.jpg

Twilo ain't gettin shut down, tunnel aint' gettin shut down. No where is gettin shut down. I'm tired of hearing rumors. Wasn't Twilo supposed to shut down in April?????? I remember hearing this a few months ago. Guliani will soon be out of office, he's done his job of making NYC into Disney World. Time for him to say bye.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

What concerns me is not whether or not Twilo will be shut down... something will always replace it. My concern is how will this leave the state of affairs where big brother constantly watches your every move.

Accept one thing and a entire barrage of shit gets shoved down one's throat. Essentially this is the premise behind every constitutional challenge, the reason y ACLU exists.

------------------

March... a month of bad music. April.. a month of pure nightmares.

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by kitty19:

however, if people are drug users, how can you blame people for ODing? drugs is drugs. you never know what is being put in that pill, jar, line, joint, L, whatever. an OD doesn't necessarily mean that the person was partying ridiculously. it could have been a bad pill. it could have been someone that always takes many pills and various combos each weekend, but one fateful mix up did them in. it could have been anything.

so it's okay to use drugs as long as you don't OD? blame the drug right?

Originally posted by kitty19:

however, if people are drug users, how can you blame people for ODing? drugs is drugs. you never know what is being put in that pill, jar, line, joint, L, whatever. an OD doesn't necessarily mean that the person was partying ridiculously. it could have been a bad pill. it could have been someone that always takes many pills and various combos each weekend, but one fateful mix up did them in. it could have been anything.

Originally posted by lunatik:

so it's okay to use drugs as long as you don't OD? blame the drug right?

this has nothing to do w/ what's right or wrong, or twilo being shut down or not, but a personal gripe: i'm sorry, but i just find it annoying when people either misquote, fail to read the whole post, or just lack processing power.

if you read the whole post in its entirety, and had the mental capacity, kitty19's argument isn't about who's fault it is for OD'ing or who to blame. her argument is that she finds it surprising that people(most of whom are prob AT LEAST mild party drug users) are calling those who (e.g. kids in the article) OD'ed "stupid" and "irresponsible".

point is, the possibility of OD'ing can happen to ANYBODY who uses drugs, regardless of what amount, how often, or how responsible or knowledgeable you may think you are. so don't think you're immune from that possibility.

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

OK...I HAVE A QUESTION...WHY THE FUK IS EVERYBODY GETTING ALL PISSY AT EVERYONE ABOUT WHO IS RIGHT AND WRONG? THE POINT IS THAT 2 PEOPLE ARE DEAD BECAUSE THEY DECIDED TO TAKE DRUGS...IF YOU THINK THAT IT'S THE CLUBS FAULT, OR THE PEOPLES FAULT, WHO GIVES A FUCK.. 2 HEADS ARE NOW DEAD... IF ANYTHING IT SHOULD STOP AND MAKE US ALL THINK ABOUT THE SHIT WE DO, NOT SAYING..OH TWILO IS INNOCENT OR THE 2 PEOPLE WERE STUPID... WHO THE FUK CARES??? YEAH, I DONT THINK THE CLUB SHOULD GET SHUT DOWN, AND I DON'T GO TO TWILO, BUT IF IT DOES THAN EVERY CLUB IN THE CITY SHOULD TO THEN...BUT THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN, THE CITY WOULD LOOSE TO MUCH MONEY AND YOU KNOW THATS ALL THESE ASSHOLES ARE AFTER, NOT OUR BEST INTERESTS.

I'M NOT PREACHING TO ANYONE, I HAVE DONE MY SHARE OF DRUGS, SHIT, ABOUT A MONTH AGO I POPPED 13 PILLS IN ABOUT 6 HOURS..SO GO AHEAD AND SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THAT IF YOU WANT TO...POINT IS WE ALL MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES IN WHAT WE DO...IF THOSE KIDS WANTED TO DO THE DRUGS THE CLUB COULD NOT HAVE STOPPED THEM JUST LIKE IF NOBODY COULD STOP ANY OF US FROM DOING WHAT WE WANTED..U CAN ALWAYS FIND A WAY.....THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS MAYBE WE SHOULD LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPENED WITH THESE 2 AND NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.... KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IF YOU HAVE T0 DO IT OR JUST DONT DO IT...PERSONALY I HAVE FOUND THAT I HAVE A BETTER TIME WITHOUT THE DRUGS NOW.... WASTE OF DAMN MONEY TO ME...BUT HEY, LIKE I SAID, DO WHAT U WANNA DO, BUT JUST BE READY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES....

------------------

FACTORY FRIDAYS...CHEETAH SATURDAYS....PM FOR INFO

13 pills in 6 frickin' hours! holy shit!!!

NO WONDER WHY YOU TYPE SO LOUD!!!!!

--cheeks

------------------

"If ever you realize that what you are watching is, in fact, a play within

a play, sit back, relax, and HOLD ON FOR THE RIDE ON YOUR LIFE!"