Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo's Rules In Effect

OK... My concern here is in where this may lead.

In Chicago, the Mayor is just as much of a conservative a-hole as ours is here, except, as the story goes, his niece over-did it one night and get carried out and treated.

Needless-to-say, this brought the club scene into the view of the almighty baleful eye of politics.

The upshot? Karma, *the* best club in the city: CLOSED Crobar, doing OK, but getting tense. XL, one of the few after-hours in the city: CLOSED (Bars cannot remain open after 4 or 5 depending on the weeknight so after hours are in dif venues)

The last time I was at Redno5, I saw a bouncer go up to a woman, shine a light in her eyes, and eject her immediately. How's that for unsuspected, intense, and uncalled for. And no... i saw her all night, she really wasn't doing anything at all odd.

My point in relaying this episode is that we have control over how far it goes here. If people get too cavalier about what, where and how they go about "enjoying" their past-times, there *will* be a price.

Have respect and maybe it won't go as far as it has in Chi-town.

Disclaimer: I am not defending ass-hole behavior here; I just realize I don't hold the cards in this game.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by deanna11:

no, they don't even out. i've been at Twilo sober much more than i've ever gone fucked up. but even if i were fucked up most of the time, technically they're still in the wrong

but then isnt EVERYONE who goes to twilo on drugs, or with drugs in posession intent to use them, technically wrong too?

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...

Originally posted by mugwump:

you should be pissed at all the FUCK UPS that have mixed HGB with E

i'm yet to try HGB. wink.gif

and i understand there may be many cops that are less conspicuous, but just their demeanor, i think gives it away. well i guess i am just more aware, b/c the last time i was at twilo, i easily pointed out 10 undercover cops.

i can't stand it when people say, "well you had drugs, what do you expect?" and then they are busy consuming drugs themselves.. sounds sorta hypocritical to me.

face it, you CAN'T take the DRUGS out of CLUBS. i understand that clubs want to regulate somewhat, but it's going to be the same failure as the war on drugs..

besides, i think there are only a few clubs, if not a couple, that could maintain the same attendance minus the drugs.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by spoonyd:

God forbid security hinders your illegal activities.

right, and you are so squeakly clean, you have never ever done anthing wrong before cwm25.gif hypocrite cwm23.gif

Let those without sin throw the first stone

------------------

have you been searched yet?

you are guilty til proven otherwise

you will be searched at the door, inside the place, when you get home, at your job, and on the streets if we the security ever sees your ass, we the ultra friendly security staff can do so since we're not cops or your parents

wiz just cuz u're gettin high in a place and don't get caught, it justifies being harassed when u're doing nothing? that makes no sense what so ever. its not a case of add and subtract credits. each situation should be handled individually...

------------------

Upcomming gigs:

Friday:Cazz's Ass(open bar):Deep House/Jungle

Saturdays: Swingpe's closet: Kush Kush Kush Kush...

Originally posted by wizard:

but then isnt EVERYONE who goes to twilo on drugs, or with drugs in posession intent to use them, technically wrong too?

yes, they are. and if they are caught at the time of their wrongdoing, there is no reason why they shouldn't be kicked out or subject to whatever penalty that behavior warrants. did you think i said otherwise?

------------------

[img]http://glowballsig.gif|/img]

Originally posted by kitty19:

face it, you CAN'T take the DRUGS out of CLUBS. i understand that clubs want to regulate somewhat, but it's going to be the same failure as the war on drugs..

No offense, but this is a bad attitude, not necessarily for you, but for our FRIENDS who may be watching this and looking for arguments for their position. Maybe I'm being p-noid, but let's pretend that we all like the music, mmm-kay?

Also, zoning issues and obscure laws like the cabaret act are a LOT easier to enforce than drug dealing.

------------------

*i'm in love with the modern world*

Originally posted by kitty19:

i'm yet to try HGB. wink.gif

and i understand there may be many cops that are less conspicuous, but just their demeanor, i think gives it away. well i guess i am just more aware, b/c the last time i was at twilo, i easily pointed out 10 undercover cops.

i can't stand it when people say, "well you had drugs, what do you expect?" and then they are busy consuming drugs themselves.. sounds sorta hypocritical to me.

besides, i think there are only a few clubs, if not a couple, that could maintain the same attendance minus the drugs.

I agree..

I've used and USE at clubs..

but the trick is to not OVER DO IT!

Aka: Party safe and smart!

Mixing shit is bad news..

95% of all ODs are caused by missinformed clubbers who don't understand that mixing uppers with downers is a NO NO!

I'm scared of this fact sinse my youngest brother of 16 just discovered the party scene this year..

All he talks about is Raves, Out laws and E.

I'm like.."that's great..have fun..but know what drugs do what to you.."

Don't ever mix and never..ever drop a pill unless other guini pigs you trust have done it before you..

I think Knowledge IS power in clubland..

So as I get older and do less and less drugs I see that I survived through "moderation'..

The opposite is what creates havock with cops and starts everyone trying to shut down clubs, tell security to have a zero tolorence rule and over all RUINS the scene...!

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

if a bouncer grabs you and you have stuff on you, cant you just tell him that you are leaving and avoid the whole search. once he grabs you you know you are done for, so cant you just tell him that you are gonna bounce and have him follow you out

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

Originally posted by p00h:

wiz just cuz u're gettin high in a place and don't get caught, it justifies being harassed when u're doing nothing? that makes no sense what so ever. its not a case of add and subtract credits. each situation should be handled individually...

naah, im not trying to justify at all really, i was only asking a question for the masses. you will note that i agree, based on the facts presented to me, that this shit was wrong.

d11, no i didnt think you said otherwise, i think you just didnt say. thanks for answering tho.

peace i gotta go kids, sorry to run.

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...

Originally posted by vagrant:

right, and you are so squeakly clean, you have never ever done anthing wrong before cwm25.gif hypocrite cwm23.gif

Let those without sin throw the first stone

You don't see me whining on the message board when I get shook down.

I'm afraid you are the one being a self-rightous ass here.

I'm afraid you are the one being a self-rightous ass here.

right, so let's all pretend that nothing happened. let's pretend that even if you are doing nothing you should get 86d

whining? are you fucking stupid? so let me get this straight, unless I have praises for a place i shouldn't write anything at all. hey, dimwit, maybe by venting and starting a dialog maybe some changes can come about? lord forbid should that ever happen.

self righteous ass? read your own first reply nitwit.

------------------

you will be searched at the door, inside the place, when you get home, at your job, and on the streets if we the security ever sees your ass, we the ultra friendly security staff can do so since we're not cops or your parents

btw, your set on wednesday was pretty good even while all this shit was going down.

------------------

look, it's a business plain and simple. They care more about their ass than yours. When you enter those doors, you follow their rules. Don't like the rules, don't go. It's as simple as that. No dialogue on the clubplanet board will ever affect change.

Originally posted by vagrant:

btw, your set on wednesday was pretty good even while all this shit was going down.

Thank you very much smile.gif

I will agree that security was being a bitch on Wednesday. Personally I think it's their way of shutting down the night. It didn't look like any of them were enjoying being there. If they make it no fun for anyone, all of a sudden they have Wednesdays off again.

My issue is with people who complain that they were searched and booted for having drugs. I can't get my head around that mentality. What happened to Deanna & co. well, that's a different story. Yes it's bad, but what can you do? You're sort of at their mercy.

fuck u spoongy. just cuz u work for them now u forgot about us! fuck you! fuck your precious twilo and fuck security!

ANARCHY!

cwm3.gif

and don't let me catch you on the streets either spoongy!

------------------

Upcomming gigs:

Friday:Cazz's Ass(open bar):Deep House/Jungle

Saturdays: Swingpe's closet: Kush Kush Kush Kush...

My issue is with people who complain that they were searched and booted for having drugs. I can't get my head around that mentality. What happened to Deanna & co. well, that's a different story. Yes it's bad, but what can you do? You're sort of at their mercy.

i know plenty that didn't get caught with anything and got booted. i have no reason not to believe them cause i know they are squeaky clean, but you're right we are at their mercy now, but that doesn't mean we cannot start a dialog. even on the twilo board it seems there is a dialog going on.

if you take your attitude, then yes, nothing will happen, cause no one will know and if management doesn't know, absolutely nothing gets changed. seems like tb is realizing that not everyone is a liar like he originally thought. changes in the air. who knows, but shoving this shit under the rug doesn't help anyone.

we are the same peeps that can lobby the government. voices should be heard. don't care from who or for what. freedom of speech babe, it's all about freedom!

------------------

btw spoony, you sound like you have the same attitude as the bouncer known as Miguel. Guilty til proven otherwise, don't want to hear nothing from nothing. out you go you crackhead. even if you are totally sober.

dude, you really should rethink your thoughts.

and i already know what you might say. don't go then. see my username? it's called vagrant for a reason. but i don't have to accept their rules, yes, the rules that i originally posted.

in fact i wish they would post a set of fucking rules so i know what not to should i go there next time.

get rid of that do nothing, see nothing, hear nothing attitude, it's not what america is all about.

------------------

what the bouncer did to deanna, pfloyed, pooh, j303j, and my other buddies on wed., and in the recent weeks is fucked up...and if you want to stick up for the security at twilo cause you have some kind of connection to twilo in some way, shape or form. . .

it's kinda sad really. . .

whatever happned backing up and being behind with your friends. . .

i think its also called selling out. . .

------------------

we all exhale. . .

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Actually, my attitude is watch my own ass.

I get caught.. I learn from it and don't get caught twice.

I just try to be a realist about it. We're all just trying to have fun... I like to think security on the most part is just trying to do their job.

I've been squeezed a couple times in the club... no biggie. I'm a big boy.

Miguel is actually a nice guy. I have no idea why he was being such a bitch on Wednesday. I talk with him every Friday and we're always really friendly. Wednesday, he was a total bitch.

This Twilo thing has me a little unnerved. I must admit this past weekend at PVD I saw too many people pulled, for no apparant reason.

No I wasn't fucked up- didn't even have a drink that night- so I know what i saw- was as plain as day.

People sitting and having what appear to be "normal" conversations asked to get up, get pulled to the back and then they're gone.

I myself, have lately felt getting a damn piece of gum out of my pocket or lighting someone's cigarette will "get me in trouble".

It's ridiculous. I have no shame in saying what some of the bouncers have done and the way they have treated some people is absolutely uncalled for.

I love Twilo- i'm there practically every weekend if not all weekend- I love going there but I don't love what I see sometimes going on.

Sure I can sit there and act as if nothing is happening- but it's happened to my friends and even myself....and for what passing a fucking mentos that I bought from the Powerbar. I mean c'mon.

It's aggrevating in the sence of how can you let loose and have a good time when you feel any move that is thought to be "suspicious" can get you booted. cwm25.gif

------------------

~*~**~ Life is in the eye of the beholder. What you cherish and find precious in your life may not be the same for someone else, but it's YOUR vision!! Define it and hold on to it, for it's the ONLY thing that is uniquely yours. Remember that the REAL beauty of life is finding someone that shares your vision. ~**~*~

AIM MissIncognito13

Miguel is actually a nice guy. I have no idea why he was being such a bitch on Wednesday. I talk with him every Friday and we're always really friendly. Wednesday, he was a total bitch.

what you saw on wednesday is the way he is 99% of the time to the rest of us on any given night. and i ain't alone on this.

just doing their jobs? not good enough when you spend ill money in that place and be treated like filthy scum by that motherfucker wannabe cop.

------------------

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

what the bouncer did to deanna, pfloyed, pooh, j303j, and my other buddies on wed., and in the recent weeks is fucked up...and if you want to stick up for the security at twilo cause you have some kind of connection to twilo in some way, shape or form. . .

Frank, if you honestly think this, even for a second, then I'd have to say that after all this time you don't know a thing about me.

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

i see your point, shadowchaser, but i don't necessarily agree with it. i'm not asking people to back me out of loyalty or friendship. if that's anyone's reason, then i do appreciate it, but i would prefer that people think independently and take their own stand on this (and any) issue. and if that stand is similar to mine, then cool for both of us

blind loyalty is the other huge problem surrounding all this bullshit. there are some stupid, mindless fuckers who, as long as they get their little pat on the head, are happy being shit-eating puppets. the fourth reich could be built

------------------

[img]http://glowballsig.gif|/img]