Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kind 2 at Limelight....who went??

i wuz there....

the crowd was a little shady (lots of muscleheads, people trying to pick up, and some very aggressive people with bad attitudes) and it was waaaaay too hot, but the music was unreal - go space girl!!!!!!!!

lots of great trance, funky house (and don't forget the hardcore room!)... really good vibes once you left the main floor.

when space girl was setting up, she accidentally played a note from "something for you mind"... the whole crowd went insane - she played some new stuff (even something that sounded like it could pass for happy hardcore) but the real treat was when she belted out "dream your dreams"...

u should have been there!

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by ClubKid77:

How could she "accidently" have played a portion of "something from your mind" while setting up? I have always heard from various sources that she is pre-recorded, although i didnt attend the party that seems to enforce that rummor.

wasnt' there either but have heard the pre-recorded dat rumor too...

------------------

my stand on the sig controversy:

scream.gif

the DAT thing may be true.. i don't know. but why go through the hell of setting up all of those keyboards and pretending to play? especially when the limelight dj booth is raised and if she was up there nobody would have known wtf she was doing, while she set up where everyone could see what she's doing?

she had an ms-2000 up there, which costs somewhere around 8-900. and 2 other keyboards, and a mixer. why bring that if you're just going to fake it?

peaz,

rob

I can tell you this, my friend works for sympty, and the word from him is at one of the countdown's where she was booked she had all her equip set up on the stage, but there WAS a dat there and she couldnt get it working, she gave them some excuses and refused to go on sayin her equipment wasn't working.

Originally posted by ClubKid77:

I can tell you this, my friend works for sympty, and the word from him is at one of the countdown's where she was booked she had all her equip set up on the stage, but there WAS a dat there and she couldnt get it working, she gave them some excuses and refused to go on sayin her equipment wasn't working.

interesting...

------------------

01200110.jpg

um, yes... i stayed for the whole set. (if she actually played live) she was fukkin awesome! i didn't like one of the new songs she played (it sounded too childish) but other then that it was good stuff.

come to think of it, there WAS something shady goin on with spacegirl at boo 5 in october.... i don't really remember exactly what happened (actually, i don't remember much of that night) so don't quote me on this... but i think her "performance" was just someone up there spinnin her stuff. anyone know what went down that night?

however, i still don't think it makes sense to fake a live performance when it is much easier to fake being a dj... nobody needs to know you can't beatmatch if nobody actually hears what's coming from the record! you can turn some knobs and dials and make it look like you're working really hard... especially when the dj booth at limelight is out of sight!

ah well, how many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

rob

Originally posted by dialectics:

come to think of it, there WAS something shady goin on with spacegirl at boo 5 in october.... i don't really remember exactly what happened (actually, i don't remember much of that night) so don't quote me on this... but i think her "performance" was just someone up there spinnin her stuff. anyone know what went down that night?

yeah, i was there, too. she was up on stage, doin' her thang, but she only played for exactly 20 minutes; that's what was sketchy. if you're implying that there was someone "behind a curtain" somewhere playing a recording of her stuff, i think that's a load of hooey.

the short amount of time they gave her to play is really suspicious, but so was a lot of stuff at that party. david hollands spun for more than an hour and a half, and that's odd when s.g. was gaining a serious reputation as a to-be-watched up and comer. sandra collins didn't even show up... i dunno, go fig. but i still hold that space girl is legit. if you read her bio on her site, www.spacegirlmusic.com , you'll see that she's been a musician since she was a wee one, and needs no prerecorded anything to rock our asses on the dancefloor, the way she always does.

awesome... i'm personally hoping she's legit. otherwise, i'd be as sad as the day i found out milli vanilli wasn't singin! (j/k)

hahaha i saw 'unknown planet' at one of the listening stations in the virgin store on 14th. coolies!

the worst part about boo5 was the "east coast" room, which basically was a hallway with a dj - no lights, awful sound, it was horrible. that and they wouldn't let us bring cameras in - 'cause they were selling them inside!

for us, it is about love, fun and music.... but let's not forget the amazing allure of the $$$$ that 5,000 screaming ravers paying $30 a ticket (plus $5 waters!) brings.... cheers to the crews who will go the extra mile to make sure we have a great experience!

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by weyes:

yeah, i was there, too. she was up on stage, doin' her thang, but she only played for exactly 20 minutes; that's what was sketchy. if you're implying that there was someone "behind a curtain" somewhere playing a recording of her stuff, i think that's a load of hooey.

the short amount of time they gave her to play is really suspicious, but so was a lot of stuff at that party. david hollands spun for more than an hour and a half, and that's odd when s.g. was gaining a serious reputation as a to-be-watched up and comer. sandra collins didn't even show up... i dunno, go fig. but i still hold that space girl is legit. if you read her bio on her site, <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.spacegirlmusic.com" TARGET=_blank>www.spacegirlmusic.com</A> , you'll see that she's been a musician since she was a wee one, and needs no prerecorded anything to rock our asses on the dancefloor, the way she always does.

sandra collins wasnt supposed to be there was she?

------------------

01200110.jpg

Originally posted by weyes:

if you're implying that there was someone "behind a curtain" somewhere playing a recording of her stuff, i think that's a load of hooey.

Ha a person behind a curtain playing her records are you daft?, dood think about it, a DAT or Minidisk mixed in with her equipment, she hits play, out comes a pre recorded set, and she can bang on her synths (like she does) and go nuts on stage and not play a note.

hmmmm... i wonder what ever DID happen to sandra collins that night? SHADY!

too many rumors float around parties (like the one about sasha getting into a car accident so he couldn't go on at ultra in miami)

as far as faking it on the keyboards (as opposed to turntables) it is simply a matter of timing. even with arpeggiators that latch, you can tell when someone really isn't playing when you're up close simply by when they hit the notes. just think about how fake that stuff always looks in the movies! note played + no sound == fake. also, it doesn't take much music theory to know when someone's playing a real chord or if they're just hitting the first keys they can find.

i'll pay extra attention to it next time... then *finally* i'll have the issue settled... at least in my head smile.gif

until then, i'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

peaz,

rob

STAR'S PRODUCTION

Crazybyul@Juno.com

Friday, April 27th. 2001 / Saturday, April 28th. 2001

B A C K - 2 - B A C K

Friday, April 27, 2001 - HOOJ Records Party

[special guests]

MEDWAY / 16B

Upstairs V.I.P:

A V.I.P Party Hosted by "STAR" and his guests

in the Gieger Rm w/DJ's from: 4 ELEMENTS & WICKED LIQUID

Only for this night:

(Must use Star's guest - list for special stamp on hand to pass vip velvet ropes)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, April 28th, 2001 - CROBAR - PARTY

*special guests*

SONIQUE / LARS / JEROMY HEALLY

Tba special guest: CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE

This is going to be one

HUGE PARTY WEEK @ THE LIMELIGHT.

--------------------------------------------------------------

THE LIMELIGHT - NYC

20th Street and 6th Avenue

Doors Open 10:00pm

Star's guest - list closes 2:00am

NO DRESS CODE! COME AS YOU ARE!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR "STAR'S" GUEST - LIST,

You will be placed on the guest - list for...

BOTH "BACK 2 BACK" DAYS.

For Reduced Admission use STAR'S GUEST - LIST:

Send - FULL NAMES of everyone you want to put on the guest - list to:

CRAZYBYUL@JUNO.COM

You will recieve a Confirmation E-mail.

GUEST - LIST IS CALLED: STAR'S LIST

You will recieve a confirmation once before 6:00pm on clubnight.

Last day for guest - list is before 6:00pm on clubnight.

Guest - list Ends 2:00am

Coming Up Event:

RESPECT AMERICA RAVE, CLUB BLISS &GATECRASHER!

[This message has been edited by 4elements (edited 04-24-2001).]