Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: people who traveled around Spain

Ok I backpacked around Spain for 3 months before I came out here. I cannot recommend it enough.

Firstly you can get a European Rail pass. It's not JUST valid for Spain but ALL Europe. You buy it for so many days and it's valid for travel anywhere.

The most important thing is to plan your trip first. Decide what you want to see and just do it. You can go round the coast or over land (which I did). Try NOT to stay in the bigger cities all that much and you will reduce cost and meet some great people.

Lots of night people just put me up in their villa's. We would spend a night in a bar and be adopted by somebody.

1st thing to do is learn a little Spanish. You don't need to be fluent, but in some of the more remote villages it may help to know the basics.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

mapreg01.jpg

Heres the main routes (check www.euroair.com for some pretty good info)

Seville

Madrid

Granada

Barcelona

And that little island off to the right called Ibiza, you can get a ferry from the mainland.

Are all places that you should try and see, but look in to the areas on line and see what you like.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Where in Spain??

Lodging: Pensiones or Hostels. If you're going to visit Barcelona, I suggest that you find a hostel/pension OUTSIDE las RAMBLAS. Big tourist avenue but also very seedy at night. I stayed at a very cozy Pension over by Av Muntaner.

FOOD: You will be charged for the bread, so make sure you want bread.

TRANSPORTATION: Trains and buses. If you plan to stay in one city for several days, I suggest you buy a wkly bus/train pass, saves you $ that way.

SHOPPING: EVERYWHERE!

If you're going to be in the south, keep an eye out for the gypsies. They'll approach you w/ a stem of rosemary claiming to read your fortune and they only accept BILL money.

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

BTW: If you need a tour guide and willing to pay my tix, hey!!! Did I mentioned I'm fluent in Spanish???

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

Originally posted by staceyg5:

b2b> 1st stop madrid 2nd bareclona then onto ibiza for a day or so. only have bout 10 days. is it possible to do all this?

Yeah no problems, you won't get that long in each but it's very possible. It's similar to what I did.

You may be cheaper not getting the Rail pass because it's about $200. And you only have a few train journeys to make... cars are cheap to rent over there as well ($40-50 a day), so it may be worth thinking about hiring a car to make the journeys (if your good map reading). The country side between these cities is stunning.

Then when you get to Barcelona get the ferry to Ibiza.. here's where you do that...

http://www.umafisa.com/

------------------

b2b6.GIF

There are a million small towns, but depends where you want to find them. Basically i would just hire a car and drive out of the city you will allways come across somewhere nice.

As for the food, well a few Americans i have spoken to have said the same.

But to be honest that's bullshit. In Madrid or Barcelona you will find some of the best resteraunts in the world. Ok in the small towns you will be eating what the locals eat, which is mainly fish, olive oil, bread pasta, tomatos and bread (mix in in different quantities and combinations and you have just about have it). Most people think Paella, which isn't everybodies favorite.. but it's all about trying new things. You wont find ribs or many good burgers... oh and they eat their omelete SOFT, some of the people i spoke to thought the food was bad because of this, it's just how they do it. It THEIR culture and it's different remember that.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

The La Alhambra (sp?) in Granada, breathtaking.

I wasn't too crazy about the food either, only in Barcelona I found excellent restaurants. Practically every dish either had french fries or fried egg!

I wished I could fine an authentic Spanish coffee house, I'm craving Cortados, yummy.

------------------

xlsig.jpg

SPAIN IS SO KOOL!!!! i was just there in March with my friend EcuaBM on vacation for the 1st time and we had a blast i was only in Barcelona but i manage to see the whole main city and there in less than 7 days. ppl know english there the trains are aight. money goes fast like in new york. its pretty expensive. The building in spain are not dull looking like in here in ny. im going again in the summer but to Ibiza!!!!!!!

------------------

farrah-