Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Off-Club Topic::: Furniture Shopping?!? (i really need some help!!!!)

Hey guys and dawls..

i'm moving in less than a month and i need some funky bedroom furniture (i.e.: bedpost, nitetable, dresser, desk, chair, etc.) so i was wondering if anyone had any good websites or stores (either in nj or nyc) that have cute furniture, expensive or cheap, it doesn't matter to me. (if it's too expensive, then at least i can get some ideas!)

thanx everyone!!

peace! --daniela

cwm16.gifcwm12.gifcwm20.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." AoL: MAReLuNa

IKEA, definitely...but they tend to be very modern & contemporary.

I like Restoration Hardware, like someone said, but they're supposed to be going out business at some point. I don't know if you want any kind of warranty with your furniture. If it breaks and they're not around...you're screwed.

What about?

Pier One

Pottery Barn

ABC Home

Or you can drive down to North Carolina and get some real beautiful wood furniture for decent prices and cheap delivery fees! It may be worth a weekend to drive down there. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by playboychick (edited 04-30-2001).]

Head over to 6th avenue and 26th Street. All along that block are outdoor antique shows on the weekends. You can find some really neat and cheap stuff there. Some may need a little bit of work (paint, repair etc) but its worth it.

For example, found a really nice display case for $40.

Also go to Housingwords and Angel Thrift Shop on 17th (I think, check the phone book) in Chelsea. Check the address. Both support a great cause...relief for people surviving with AIDS and have fantastic stuff. Found the table that holds my TV and has shelving for videos/CDs etc (its a wooden piece from the 40s) for $30.

At all of these places you'll find unique/funky inexpensive stuff.

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

NATIONWIDE WAREHOUSE

NATIONWIDE WAREHOUSE

NATIONWIDE WAREHOUSE

there are always advertising rock bottom prices on shit liek 400 for a 5 piece livign room set ... etc .. the comercial is on liek every ten minutes if u want talk shows ... =)

ikea is good disposable furniture ...

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com

Garage sales baby!!!

Another persons trash is another persons treasure. I found some really cool stuff at garage sales for my house at school. Just make sure to get to the sale early b/c furniture is usually the first to go. Just an idea.

------------------

lolly2.jpg