Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who works downtown?

Well this is my last week working here so if we meet up it has to be soon..

If any one likes Sushi there is a great place called SUSHI SAMBA on 7th Ave where TIME CAFE use to be..it has a roof top that's open for lunch and also offers a Latin "samba" menue (for those that don't dig the raw fish)

Other wise there are pleanty of restaurants down the same strip..

DragonFly

Jeckle and Hyde

and Boxers around the corner..

My vote goes for Sushi Samba..if any one wants to do it I can swing by after work and make reservations on the roof.

You down towners let me know...

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

"Preposterous ASS! That never read so far to know the cause why music was ordained! Was it not to refresh the mind of man, after his studies, or his usual PAIN?

-Shakespear

Well i'd be down for a lunch meet-up, but i'm on Wall St...so it'd have to be in the financial district.

Mugz...Sushi Samba is fantastic, but a little pricey, no? Is their lunch menu cheaper cuz that rooftop sounds sweet.

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

"Happiness is like a butterfly, which when pursued is just out of your grasp, but if you will sit down quietly, it will alight upon you." Walt Whitman

AIM: Jewel44317

Originally posted by xxlea:

I work downtown but I have no clue on any restaurants in this area.

<sniffles> I miss our lunches, girl!

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

I work right next to the Stock Exchange bldg. .. and NO, I am not a broker ;p

I am all up for a lunch.. Pret-a-manger, cosi? My favorite is the Bowling Green park tho-it's nice outside smile.gif

jewel44317 sounds like the closest to me.

Let me know if anyone around is interested?

Keep smiling...

-Onur

Guest danwang

Man, all these midtown lunch meetups - as much as I'd love to go, it's a bit of a hike out there. Especially with the E (or L) train that comes so infrequently, at least to 14th St, which is the closest stop to my office. Either that, or walking to the 1,2,3,9 or F first. Midtown + crosstown traveling sucks for me.

It's much easier for me to go downtown. So who here works, or otherwise usually can be found, in that area?

Maybe the downtowners among us should do a similar sort of lunch some time! So who's up for it?

------------------

"If you listen to techno, it so monotone so then you really would need drugs to enjoy it. "

-Tiesto

I work downtown but I have no clue on any restaurants in this area.

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Hey---I think I might have met you at the drink meet-up at Nativa?? I was the girl hiding in the corner. I work right near Union Square. Always doin a lonely lunch around there. Let me know...

------------------

(((((((Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, Rage against the dying of the light))))))Dylan Thomas (Even early 20th century poets hated to leave the club)....

We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves.

Aldous Huxley, Doors of Perception.

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

West Village near Christofer st. by the river..

I can see NJ from my window..

ooohh scary!

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

"Preposterous ASS! That never read so far to know the cause why music was ordained! Was it not to refresh the mind of man, after his studies, or his usual PAIN?

-Shakespear

Originally posted by mugwump:

ooohh scary!

I'm not too far from you, NOW THAT'S SCARY! LOL

I can see the river too, that's about the only thing around here worth seeing. cwm2.gif

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Guest danwang

Originally posted by mugwump:

ooohh scary!

I'm up on the 11th floor of a building that takes up a whole block each way. There are windows all around, so I can see NJ, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building... probably all of Manhattan (too bad some parts, like Central Park, are obscured by the skyscrapers) and then some!

------------------

"If you listen to techno, it so monotone so then you really would need drugs to enjoy it. "

-Tiesto