Clubplanet Nightlife Community

XS Friday's

Originally posted by jarmenio:

I just want to hear some of everyone's feedback on XS Friday nights. Do you guys like DJ Manny The Greek?

No, not really ...nor I like the MC izzy dizzy [whatever] ...but Nicole bartends there so it's worth going ;-)

------------------

...Ph0eniX

personally I'm a friend of DJ Manny the Greek and I like his style of djing, he plays that room perfectly. However if you are looking for a little different style Marshall Fairbanks has just started Friday nights at Bermuda club just down the block from XS and ladies are free all night guys are only $5 and drinks are cheap, it's worth checking out.

OMG, don't even get me started on the DJ's at XS. Thank god it's only $5 I'm wasting to go there on Fridays! Any more and Nicole would never get me at the bar!

First off...stop playing Zombie Nation and that stupid..."sucking my d!@k is what you wanna do" song! Next, tell him to stop bumping or shoting or whatever up there....keep the volume at a constant will ya! Then, could he do a worse job mixing? What was it like 3 weeks ago...9 mistakes in one night? Yeah maybe I do know music better than the average club kid, but still!!! Oh and will that stupid ass that likes to grab the microphone......SHUT IT! Nobody gives a shit about what you have to say. Fine, announce the shot specials and MOVE ON. "How you all doing out there??" Like he really expects us all to yell "GOOD!" Sorry!

Ok...this goes out to all NJ DJ's....STOP PLAYING RELENTLESS!!!!!! Even just those damn horns! Do you all have them cued up at all times?? JESUS! Can we say...TIRED!

Sorry just IMO. But there's my $1.5789848

addaboy

I have been to XS a couple of times on a Friday this year and besides the Friday of Memorial Day weekend - the place has not been all that good. It is not the music that I am complaining about, but the crowd is absolutely TERRIBLE!!! Is that a hang out for all of the locals or what?

Yesh the crowd does kind of suck. It seems like they let anyone in no matter how they dress. It's tough to get a total club crowd down the shore Friday nights but this by far is the best music down the shore Friday nights. Manny is off the hook.

That is actually not Manny who plays those songs. DJ Dan opens the night on Friday's till about 12:30 and then Manny comes on. I think the reason he plays the old stuff is cause he saves all the newer stuff for Manny to play. I personally think Manny is an excellent DJ and he has Abyss jam packed and pumping every Wednesday night. As far as the bumping in the DJ booth I know Manny personally and he doesn't touch drugs so no need for your comment.

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by jarmenio

That is actually not Manny who plays those songs. DJ Dan opens the night on Friday's till about 12:30 and then Manny comes on. I think the reason he plays the old stuff is cause he saves all the newer stuff for Manny to play. I personally think Manny is an excellent DJ and he has Abyss jam packed and pumping every Wednesday night. As far as the bumping in the DJ booth I know Manny personally and he doesn't touch drugs so no need for your comment.

YEah 12:30 hahah whooo

Originally posted by thepulse

personally I'm a friend of DJ Manny the Greek and I like his style of djing, he plays that room perfectly. However if you are looking for a little different style Marshall Fairbanks has just started Friday nights at Bermuda club just down the block from XS and ladies are free all night guys are only $5 and drinks are cheap, it's worth checking out.

EVEN IN 2000 MARSHALL WAS SCRAPING FOR JOBS TRYING TO FUCK OVER ANYONE POSSIBLE AN USING OTHER PEOPLES THREADS TO GET A GIG OR A CROWD. I GUESS HE'S STILL THE SAME OLD PULSE OR SHOULD I SAY MARSHALL FAIRBANKS.