Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT BORIS AND JOHNNY V !!!!!!!

Guest temptsboy

Guest temptsboy

I KEEP HEARING THAT BORIS AND JOHNNY V ARE GREAT DJS TO WHO? I AM NOT SAYING THAT DENNY IS GREAT BUT HE IN MY OPINION IS BETTER THEN THOSE TWO HAS BEENS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT GREAT DJS AT LEAST YOU COULD MENTION A FEW NAMES LIKE TENAGLIA, PETERS AND COX. GET BACK WHEN YOU LEARN SOMETHING......

Personally, i love johnny vicious for his distinctive style. His track selection is unique and he plays some sick imports. Boris i think is good as well, although like him better in the past. He was much better back at Big Fridays at Roxy then now. His style seems to have changed. Last year at Limelight he was playing more German techy stuff which i like a lot, but he got more commercial and i was disappointed that he went to playing more commercial rmx's. I wouldn't call either of them has been's, vicious is just producing a lot more then he's spinning these days and boris is actually starting to emerge more as a premier dj not the other way around. Once again, as for tsettos, i think he is perfect for a shore club like tempts which has been said a thousand x's. I personally would love to hear vicious on a long jp factory style set. And people do mention jp and tenaglia alot too, but not cox since he only spins here every few months.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

FLOYD, COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER. HITTIN BRIDGEVIEW THIS WEEKEND? REMEMBER WHEN BORIS USED TO RIP UP THE OLD "BIG FRIDAY'S" TILL THE WEE HOURS..NEVER FORGOTTEN! IT'S STILL IN HIM, AND I THINK HE'S MAKING A LITTLE COMEBACK SINCE HE LEFT LL, WHICH WASN'T FOR HIM ANYWAYS. CHECK HIM OUT IN THE HAMPTONS, HE'LL BLOW IT UP FOR SURE.

You have have to take into account the crowd at LL was a little strange. I think good DJays feed off the energy of the crowd, so I can understand why Boris wasn't his best at Limelight. I wish that place had a better crowd and better music, because it looks great inside. The setup sure beats the crazy stairwell at SF. Don't get me wrong SF's still my favorite, but definately not because of the way it is set up in there. The people and the music is what's important, but how many times are we gone trip on those stairs.

As for Boris, I don't have any desire to go to Bermuda Club, but if Boris is there, I'll check it out. Worst case scenario you're only a few blocks from a number of other places to go!!

you gotta be kidding me.......take your head out of your ass or tempts, where ever it is.....tsettos is good.....but he is no viscious......boris is better than tsettos too.....tsettos should stick to club abyss and tempts with all jerzy boys and girls.

• 3 weeks later...

Im gunna make a statement about J. Peter's that i'm sure will fire a few of you up. I've never heard him spin live so I might be mistaken. However, I do follow his music via vinyl and .ra, and for the most part I am not impressed. I actually would say that every mix I heard of his is pretty bad. Vocals Vocals Vocals = Terrible If I wanted 5 hours of vocals, I would listen to KTU Level 3 all night. Johhny Vicious is way better. His style is harder and will be sure to take your head off. Vasquez is in another league of crap and we might as well throw Baez in the crap league too. These statements are all based on the artists' respective labels and the music they put out, so please prove me wrong. 4 minus 3

[This message has been edited by pangelid (edited 07-15-2000).]

ok, if you haven't heard peters live then definetly do not pass any judgment on him. It's IMPOSSIBLE to contmeplate his skills from listening to some streaming audio or vinyl. If your not at sound factory then you can't get the full reach of his skills. Try listening to 16 hours of music nonstop at home and you maybe(doubtful) you could almost understand what he does, unless you are basing your view solely on his remixes. I do agree that vicious is amazing though and think he has a great ability for catering to the crowd, making adjustments. Like when he spun roxy in may he played a lot of vocals cuz its that type of crowd there. He is a great producer as well and if the tunnel residency doesn't fall through, i think it will be the start of a great party biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

• 2 weeks later...

OKOKOK. I heard enough.

Do you have any idea what music is about especially the electronica community??

all you know is Denny,tempts,Denny,Tempts,blah blah blah YAWN.

Your shit is so tiresome, you rip people for there opinions.

wazzzup wit dat? (figuring, maybe i am speaking too prolific for you.)

Now getting back to the topic at hand, I for one am not a fan of temptations (sorry i was raised on Soundfactory, the old Palladium, NASA (going way back)real deal underground)

Don't get me wrong for the jersey shore tempts is the closest thing you will get to NYC.

Tsettos is a hard working DJ i will give him that i was at tempts sat and he really works up in the booth, he had 3 waxes mixing at once, bringing one in, bringing another out, good job, although i think his selection isn't too up to date. its more stuck in 97, but hey to each there own, i am not knocking it, alot of people may not like some of the shit i listen too either. its all good.

But for you to come out and say Viscious and Boris suck? have you been living under the fucking temptations door mat for the rest of the week?

John V happens to be a sick producer, maybe not the greatest dJ in terms of mixing ability but selection wise, he plays shit unheard of. His style is so street and high pitch shredding. Boris is another real good DJ, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been doing Roxy fridays back when they were the jam or Limelight Sat. But then again you wouldn't know anything about that would you? Nope you got your head so far up Tsettos ass licking his prostrate, you have no time to explore any other DJS. I hate close minded,simple,ignorant people, that are in this scene because right now its the "IN" thing to do. Learn about your music before you yap your shit all around. Another thing, you named Peters Teneglia and Cox? 3 styles that are so opposite each other its like night and day.

learn your shit, handsome (its sickenin)!

Originally posted by temptsboy:

I KEEP HEARING THAT BORIS AND JOHNNY V ARE GREAT DJS TO WHO? I AM NOT SAYING THAT DENNY IS GREAT BUT HE IN MY OPINION IS BETTER THEN THOSE TWO HAS BEENS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT GREAT DJS AT LEAST YOU COULD MENTION A FEW NAMES LIKE TENAGLIA, PETERS AND COX. GET BACK WHEN YOU LEARN SOMETHING......

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

I will tell you this much, JPs abilityfar surpasses his mixes. He is by far one of the best DJ's around, on good nights he will have people dancing who usually don't dance.

WICKED is the only way i can describe him,b tu then again maybe i am partially biased, because i have been going to factory on the regular for the past 2 years...see for yourself. FACTORY SAT NIGHT!!! NUFF SAID!

Originally posted by pangelid:

Im gunna make a statement about J. Peter's that i'm sure will fire a few of you up. I've never heard him spin live so I might be mistaken. However, I do follow his music via vinyl and .ra, and for the most part I am not impressed. I actually would say that every mix I heard of his is pretty bad. Vocals Vocals Vocals = Terrible If I wanted 5 hours of vocals, I would listen to KTU Level 3 all night. Johhny Vicious is way better. His style is harder and will be sure to take your head off. Vasquez is in another league of crap and we might as well throw Baez in the crap league too. These statements are all based on the artists' respective labels and the music they put out, so please prove me wrong. 4 minus 3

[This message has been edited by pangelid (edited 07-15-2000).]

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...