Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DIVA LOUNGE IS WACK!!!!

First of all I am an admirer of ALL clubs. I always seem to find the good even though there may be some bad. But this club SUCKS!! I waited on line for 25 minutes for no reason. I went with a female friend who is HOTT and they still made a poor attempt of making a line. The bouncers were incredibly RUDE!!! It was more of an ego thing than a security thing. Then we finally get in this place and the drinks are incredibly watered down and expensive!!! And the music, well the best way to explain it is...YAWN. It’s one thing to be a wanna be NYC club, but have we forgotten about what it's all about… the music and the vibe. THIS IS WHY NJ HAS A BAD REP!!!

I have to agree w/Johnny on this 1 for the following reasons: my friends previously had told me this lounge was really nice and hyped me up on it so much I even promoed it in my previous posts here on ClubNYC jersey board..unfortunately I had a negative experience when I approached the club with my promo pack looking for a chance to do a guest night/and webcast for WNJX. The owner of the club was testy and indifferent on the phone when all I wanted was to find out who to address the package to - then after telling me to see her "Music Co-ordinator" (haha), I drove up to Montclair to drop off the package at the door only to be rudely herded into the admission line as if I was a patron waiting to get in, as I was complying with thier request I saw people who obviously had waited a while in line to get in be rudely turned away by some sphinx with a clipboard in his hand (laff, puke) for not being the right "type" of patron. The whole experience left me depressed and I left the line and drove home. I dont need to be associated with any establishment that maintains policies like that...It smacked of a a reverse racist flavour and was a complete turnoff...To the dood with the clipboard and the management of Diva Lounge; kill the fuckin drama your not Danceteria or Studio 54, your a local yokel lounge with a serious attitude problem - fix it or catch a shitty rep..thanx all - Greg cwm43.gif

i totally agree with ya' all...first of all the music is worst than Z100 (how bad can you get)...the drink was mad expensive...the staff were all freakin rude especially the bouncer who was looking at every person in the line making sure their appropriately attired...whatever bro i think he should look at himself first...he just wishes he worked in nyc...and yeah whats up with that clipboard...the only decent thing about the place was the crowd...but then again i didn't feel any vibe either

and you know what the worst thing about diva lounge is...its in damn montclair for crying out loud...nothing against montclair... cwm13.gifcwm23.gifcwm31.gif

word...I attempted to attend the festivities at DIVA this past summer, however, Marceles Wallace, who was workin the door, notified us that there was an 1/2 hour wait and $20 to get in....the chicky in front of me said it best as we took off....THIS AIN'T MANHATTAN!!!