Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a little club called DIVA LOUNGE swears they are in NYC

hello everyone. i just want to share a shitty time i had at yet ANOTHER wanna be NYC club! my friends wanted to go to a new place called DIVA LOUNGE in Montclair.

well we ended up waiting on line for more than half hour in the freakin cold (3 girls). while the bouncers catch an attitude when you ask why the line isn't moving. then we get in this place and realize there really wasn't any need for the wait. then while we're getting overpriced drinks another muscle head bouncer bumps in to me!!! mind you i'm only 4 ft 8 and this GOON is 6ft tall.

so he cops and attitude with me when i tell him excuse me!!!! then i ask speak to the manager, i think her name was Vicky or something. what a fucking wack job!

the woman starts telling me that it couldn't be bacause they have a great vibe at the club without any attitudes. give me a fucking break!

your club sucks and so does you shitty staff!!!

[This message has been edited by sexychick (edited 12-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by sexychick (edited 12-14-2000).]

listen sexychick you might be right...there was a post like this a few weeks ago and they were REFering to the same exact thing your wrote about... i personaly called and spoke with Victoria is the womens name and she explained that people on the board were exaggerating the situation....BUT I KNOW YOUR RIGHT... ...i realy cant believe they are doing such retarded shit espicially in New jersey....the city is right there and a hunder timexxxx better...but whatever...the bouncer are just muscle johnny who think there cool because they work in the club..give me a break..i dont care who works where.. treat me with the respect i deserve.....dont sweet it if they dont get DJ eviljav in there or stop the wackness you are refering to then they'll go out of business....fuck it..now you know dont go back.... cwm23.gif KILL KILL KILL

[This message has been edited by eviljav666 (edited 12-14-2000).]

Guest ravegirl

hhmmmmmmmm

I have only been to diva once.... a night when i wanted to pre-game before the city and i can't say that i shared the same experience.... there was a long line but I walked right up along with another girl and the bouncer let us right in.....(along with some guy that we found on line who preceded to pay our admission for helping him get in) when inside (although the place was real crowded) we were able to find seats where we chilled until closing --- after we had quite a few drinks bought for us--- we hopped right over to the city..... all in all i had a pretty good night- this was when diva was fairly new so maybe the attitude is a new thing??

i don't know.....hell maybe it was just a lucky night!

A few of us went there a couple of weeks ago. We didn't have to wait on line, however, we did notice an attitude from the guy at the door. It was okay once we got in, but I thought the music kind of sucked. The crowd was a little bit older (early to mid-thirties we guessed). We left pretty early and headed to the city. All in all, we thought it was alright. I don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon, though...

here is some more news for you guys. i was telling someone about the messageboard and what i wrote. well it turns out that they had gone the weekend before and had a similar experience. same door hassel, overpriced drinks and shitty music. they told me the place was too small and not worth the half hour wait. i don't understand how a place stays open with such shitty service. basically they thought the same thing i did, FUCK DIVA!!!!

That place does suck. The owner who thinks she is a DIVA is a real bitch. One time I went there and these guys were on line in front of me. When they finally got to the front that Bitch gave them a real big attitude. Talking down to them like they were in the first grade. Saying stuff like "What you need to do is run home and change your shirt and pants......". He was wearing a gap like t-shirt. Nothing bad. Great way for a owner to act. No wonder the place is a joke.