Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another HS shooting.....WTF?

In cali this morning.....this shit baffles me....why is it people value life so little these days.... so quick to pull a gun....aaaagh.....how the hell did we let our society spiral down to such a lack of respect for each other.....

------------------

19791[1].gif

OBE is pure beauty

I think it's only partially the kid's fault... there's a much bigger problem here. Parental influence (rather, the lack of), failing institutions (i.e. an unsupportive school system), etc.

All the violence seems like a cry for help and, even moreso, attention. Parents aren't spending any time with their kids anymore... nowadays, it's common for both parents to be off at work 8 hours a day, working their butts off because they want to give the best to their children. What they don't realize is, the best thing they could do isn't buy Johnny a brand new car or a new Tommy jacket, but spend some time just talking to him.

Here's an interesting statistic: nowadays, children spend more time watching TV during their first 6 years of life than they'll ever spend talking with their father.

Schools have gotten worse, too... social-scene wise, it's pretty bad (in terms of cliques, pressure, acceptance/rejection, etc.).

The rate at which there are school shootings nowadays is really disturbing... it's practically become a "normal" occurrance, which is just sick...

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

Originally posted by happykittn:

I think it's only partially the kid's fault... there's a much bigger problem here. Parental influence (rather, the lack of), failing institutions (i.e. an unsupportive school system), etc.

All the violence seems like a cry for help and, even moreso, attention. Parents aren't spending any time with their kids anymore... nowadays, it's common for both parents to be off at work 8 hours a day, working their butts off because they want to give the best to their children. What they don't realize is, the best thing they could do isn't buy Johnny a brand new car or a new Tommy jacket, but spend some time just talking to him.

Here's an interesting statistic: nowadays, children spend more time watching TV during their first 6 years of life than they'll ever spend talking with their father.

Schools have gotten worse, too... social-scene wise, it's pretty bad (in terms of cliques, pressure, acceptance/rejection, etc.).

The rate at which there are school shootings nowadays is really disturbing... it's practically become a "normal" occurrance, which is just sick...

How do you know how his parents treated him?

Originally posted by danm:

How do you know how his parents treated him?

You are missing her point. Miss Kittie was not was not saying anything specific about this individual, she was merely pointing out flaws that exist to a large extent in our current social structure.

The fact is that growing up today is much much different than say, when our parents generation was. Kids have so much more stress and pressure than 20-30 years ago, and its easily apparent that its not healthy--increasing suicide rate, a HUGE portion of the population on prescription anti-depressants, school shootings, etc.

This can be attributed to a number of sources, perhaps the most important being (the lack of) parental interaction and attention. Miss Kittie was by no means talking specifically about the boys past, she was just maing a social generalization.

peace all

------------------

"Crippled but free, I was blind all the time I was learning to see" -Dead

Originally posted by dolcemimi:

ALL OF THE ABOVE + violence in movies and music that brainwash kids it's okay to act out on your violent fantasies.

Blame the movies again?

Hmm... is that y I get the urge to choke you?

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

i know this is just plain ridiculous, i have posted before about tooooo much violence in the world but this is getting out of hand.

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

These shooting happen more often than we actually think........everyday in NYC alone.......the American public only really hears about the ones in suburbia though........typical.

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender