Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why dont people smile in clubs???

see you all claim to smile, but um i dont see very many people smiling in clubs, so maybe your all subconciously smiling on the inside, but physically not smiling

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif

www.lipz.net

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you guys know, popular media tells us we look cooler/sexier if we don't smile. Think, Esther of the DKNY ads, her unturned lips are famous and she has gorgeous Mark Vanderloo.

One of my dearest friends walk around w. a scrowl on her face, but that's just her *normal* expression. I used to be like that, but no more. At clubs I usually have the biggest grin on my face, especially when I'm sober. Now the challenge is, how to go about in NYC with a positive disposition without looking like a fool? You can't really grin while you're on the subways you know.

------------------

"Life is made of moments ... it would be wonderful if they came to us unsummoned, but particularly in lives as busy as the ones most of us lead now, that won't happen. We have to teach ourselves how to live, really live ... to love the journey, not the destination."

Originally posted by playboychick:

Same here...nothing more flattering to a girl than a genuine smile. I think of it as the only accessory guaranteed to go with every outfit! wink.gif

But now that I think about it, sometimes when I'm walking threw a club I don't smile for a reason. (Especially if I'm alone.) I'll walk with a purpose and the reason being that I don't want every Tom, Dick, & Harry approaching/grabbing me. (Especially if I need to get to the ladies room!) wink.gif

I agree with you sweetie 100%....

Otherwise I am ALWAYS as happy as a bumble bee....

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

because they`re bored by the shit these overpaid DJs play nowadays? tongue.gif

seriously though ... yea I just get really bored by the low energy crap played in clubs, but I`m biased, because I`m a Goa Head and nothing beyond that, so all other genres suck to me nowadays.

It`s interesting that, at raves or parties, I find that I actually smile MORE when I`m bored ..... at a goa trance party, like the full moon parties, I`m just usually gone into another place and am in a zone so I can just feel the music and the environment and nothing else at all. There`s no space to smile then. Otherwise, I`ll just be jumping, dancing and smiling with everyone else.