Clubplanet Nightlife Community

* DiScRiMiNaTiOn At ExiT ! *

I am really sick of the Asian bashing that goes on at Exit. I am of an asian background and I was born in the United States. I frequently go to Exit with my friends and I am really sick of the way they treat Asian patrons...

(everybody knows what I mean .... so I

really don't need to state an example)

Here is my question...

Why do we put up with this shit?...

Imagine IMAGINE Fridays without any Asian people... Exit would lose major business and would need to change their racist attitudes to get our business again...

Why not boycott exit on a Friday and stage a protest outside to see what would happen?

Asian people are the quietest of the minorities when it comes to getting involved with racial inequalities... It seems as if we accept them because very little is done otherwise...

When somebody refers to me as chink or chinese, when I am not, it can be accepted socially, but when Somebody says Nigger or Spic they could get arrested or be labeled racist...

This Asian bashing is not going to stop, because we don't do much to prevent it ...

Martin Luther King raised up and change came, so why doesn't the Asian community (almost 50 percent of the Exit customers) raise up and make change happen. We are a majority in Nyc. so let us be a force to be reckoned with!!!!!

I thought the boycott had already began.

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places, I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

Originally posted by ges1ner:

From what I have heard and seen ...

No...

There needs to be more of an organized effort if this shit is going to change...

Maybe you need to look closer...possibly within yourself and find the strength to stop talking about it and be about it. It is up to you kid...the future of race relations in Exit lies on your shoulders. Gather your troops and roll up to Marvisi, take him hostage and demand better treatment of Asians in return for his personage...

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places, I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

hey i'm american born asian, i've been goin to exit every weekend for a long time now. i know where ya comin from and i understand but yo quit da bitchin. it doesn't happen all da time. i've seen this topic on the message board so many times already and it doesn't lead to anything. no one boycotts the club or does anything about it. i guess cuz my friends and i don't have a hard time gettin in dats y we keep goin back. maybe if u and ur friends dress alittle more classy and less of a raver wit them big baggy played out UFO pants, and those played out lite stixs, u won't have dat much trouble. look i know appearance shouldn't play a factor in anything but dats how the world goes round. aite man keep it cool

another thing those lite stixs r played out like 7 yrs ago. and wat up wit the lite stix on the ropes. get off the dance floor and move to the side. let the real clubbers &dancers party!!!!!!!! cwm1.gif

We shall overcome... Anybody interested in making change? I am willing to lead....

Maybe with a letter to management first... Then action later...

cwm21.gif

yehyeh... You know me? Where you from? Personally i have never been discriminated against at Exit becuz i dress properly, but I do care about my brothers and sisters who are singled out becuz of their yellow skin and beautiful eyes... Since when has there been a dress code either...

When somebody gets singled out becuz of race it upsets me...

Be a part of the solution, not the problem...

Enough already!!! Do you realize that of the hundreds of people that have been caught with drugs going into and in the club the true percentage of violators has been about 75% Asians. The file is tremendous...Fact! Unfortunately this is what fucks it up for the good people. Try to cause a problem for the club and let them disseminate the drug bust facts and you lose hands down. I'm sorry but it's true!!

hey!

why dont u come to limelight. It SHITS on

exit. I was there for the 1st time this sat. the club is definitely nice. I was more impressed by it than Exit. Twilo is nice but they are racist too. Limelight. cwm24.gif

------------------

peace, love, and double stacked zorros!!

I have multi ethnic friends and everytime I go to exit - my half irish german friend gets checked (when they are checking)!!

And I usually go with a puerto rican, a pakistani, & I am half croat and brasilian!!

My pattie-krout friend doesn't dress different from anyone else - and he is white like snow - so go figure!!

Originally posted by dszorro:

hey!

why dont u come to limelight. It SHITS on

exit. I was there for the 1st time this sat. the club is definitely nice. I was more impressed by it than Exit. Twilo is nice but they are racist too. Limelight. cwm24.gif

twilo is racist?

you seriously don't know your ass from your elbow..

morph_

I think everybody, regardless of race, are starting to realize one thing: Exit sucks. While Asians might be profiled and treated poorly by the staff, Im sure almost every patron of every race has been treated poorly by someone at that club.

Im not gonna lie, that club is amazing. But I hate the way the owner treats his staff, and Im fuckin sick of the way the bouncers treat the patrons.

After hearing about everyone leaving Exit for Sound Factory, I thought I might check that out. No lie, the line last Friday was around the block! The staff were really nice, and the music was sick.

So if Asians or anybody else is thinking about boycotting Exit, the best form of revenge is tell Dave M you are all going to Factory. Then after he sees all his Friday night parties only packing in 1000 people, maybe he will treat people differently.

Originally posted by cooliehigh:

If u feel dat EXIT has discrimination.. then dont even go there n e more...go somewhere else...END OF STORY

Word. Go sowhere you think you'll be respected... I mean hell, even if you DO get in, where's the fun in feeling like you have to watch your back b/c YOU'RE being watched? That just sucks, and you shouldn't put yourself up to that...

Dress how you please and have a good time where you can relax and be yourself. After all, isn't that a big part of what going out is about?

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

AIM: MeliChaCha

Originally posted by fierce2k:

then go to soundfactory.. use fierce guestl1st

: )

Yo do u ever stop promoting the factory...just wondering cuz every post I see you reply to your always like go to the factory.....that place sucks the only time its good is when JV spins or JP...

------------------

" There are many things in this world that I can live without...but the 1 thing I can't live without is U "

aim:clubhead32

Um, think about it. How long have asians been going to clubs before Exit even came into existence, and have never had any sort of trouble?

Don't you think there's a REASON behind all the asian profiling?

I used to hang out with those same asians, in the back of the stage, in the corner. ALL of them, I mean, ALL OF THEM were into drugs. ANd they were stupid about it. All sitting on the floor, rubbing eachother, just being a waste of space, and I never enjoyed being with most of them. Some were nice (maybe cuz the e) but alot were majorly into thier "asian" crowd and "sticking together".

What the fuck is that about?

Whenever I used to wander away to the "white kids" section, the vibe changed and was different, a little more coherent, shall we say.

Anyway..KArma comes back to you, people get what they deserve.

-iliana

cwm7.gif

------------------

------------------

mm008.jpg

Originally posted by morpheus_:

twilo is racist?

you seriously don't know your ass from your elbow..

morph_

sorry, i think you're wrong there. granted, there are many asians that go to twilo, but that doesn't mean that we are treated any better than how asians are treated at exit.

i could go into many examples, but i'm tired of complaining about racial discrimination. sadly, it exists everywhere we go, and everyone faces it some form of it, asian or not. just gotta keep fighting and living the struggle.. don't ever stop.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

I hate to say it BUT the Asians in Exit think who they are. I used to work in the VIP off the main dance floor and I would have to tell Asian kids over and over again to get off the railings and to just sit on the speakers NOT stand. (Clubs rules not mine, and they went for everyone) And all I would get is dirty looks and back talk and a whole bunch of shit for it. It used to get to the point where the bouncers would get involved cause the KIDs didnt listen and they still wouldnt move so they were kicked out.... ALL BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT LISTEN.

Case # 2

a waitress had let a group of Asians sit in the VIP across from mine. NOT One of them had a drink all night (a lot of drugs going around, but no drinks) they told her they would give her $150 to just let them hang there that night. She was nice about it, Lost out on some tip money and said yeah sure. NOW SHE HAD EVERY RIGHT TO SAY NO AND GET OUT BUT DIDNT. Towards the end of the night non of the Kids gave her money and she lost out on a lot of tips and those girls work hard for that money.

I SAY IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CLUB AND THE WAY THEY ARE TREATING YOU TAKE A LONG LOOK AT WHAT YOU DO IN THE CLUB TO MAKE THEM PROFILE YOU OUTSIDE.

RESPECT IS GIVEN ONLY WHEN IT IS RECIEVED

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

MAKE YOUR OWN CLUB

DO SOMETHING OUT IT

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

bottle1-a.gifAll Gone ecstasy_a.gifThe chemical molecules that make up Ectasy

I hate to say it BUT the Asians in Exit think who they are. I used to work in the VIP off the main dance floor and I would have to tell Asian kids over and over again to get off the railings and to just sit on the speakers NOT stand. (Clubs rules not mine, and they went for everyone) And all I would get is dirty looks and back talk and a whole bunch of shit for it. It used to get to the point where the bouncers would get involved cause the KIDs didnt listen and they still wouldnt move so they were kicked out.... ALL BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT LISTEN.

Case # 2

a waitress had let a group of Asians sit in the VIP across from mine. NOT One of them had a drink all night (a lot of drugs going around, but no drinks) they told her they would give her $150 to just let them hang there that night. She was nice about it, Lost out on some tip money and said yeah sure. NOW SHE HAD EVERY RIGHT TO SAY NO AND GET OUT BUT DIDNT. Towards the end of the night non of the Kids gave her money and she lost out on a lot of tips and those girls work hard for that money.

I SAY IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CLUB AND THE WAY THEY ARE TREATING YOU TAKE A LONG LOOK AT WHAT YOU DO IN THE CLUB TO MAKE THEM PROFILE YOU OUTSIDE.

RESPECT IS GIVEN ONLY WHEN IT IS RECIEVED

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

MAKE YOUR OWN CLUB

DO SOMETHING OUT IT

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

bottle1-a.gifAll Gone ecstasy_a.gifThe chemical molecules that make up Ectasy