Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dave Ralph and co. at Twilo

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

Quite a good night, at least early on...

The turnout was good, but not overly crowded like the last PvD night, or Tiesto at Limelight.

Andry Nalin opened up the night, followed by Dave Ralph (at around 1:40 am), and both delivered great sets that passed the time quickly. Ralph played two buildups that really had the crowd jumping, almost exactly an hour apart. The first was at around 2:30 (with "Music" being chanted), the second was near the end of his set.

At around 3:30, the next DJ came on, and before his set, stopped the music to allow the crowd to applaud Ralph. Was this Justin Scott/Aria/Voyager? I thought it was before I checked the schedule, but then I checked again and saw Cass listed. However, I heard Cass back in December (with Anthony Pappa), and the sound was quite different this time, so I'm going to guess that it was Scott. His spinning was good, but the stuff he started out with killed off the energy that Ralph's floorfilling set created. I never saw the place so empty at 4 am as I did this time. However, the people were on the floor seemed to keep a good vibe.

It's too bad that Dave Ralph didn't go longer. I thought he could have easily kept the place hopping until sunrise. Did he have to be somewhere?

Two other observations:

1. Did anyone see these cops come in at around 11:30 pm? Does anyone know what that was all about?

2. There were these 3 ladies who spent some time dancing on the speakers to the left of the DJ booth, and apparently they attracted enough attention to get invited to the DJ booth. Did anyone else notice this?

I left at around 5 am. For those who stuck around, how late did things go?

AW FUNK!! i was loving it. Nalin was great, but Dave Ralph was EXCEPTIONAL! first time in a long time i've heard trance at Twilo that wasn't cheesy. it was very real. Dave Ralph was awesome; should've been spinning the whole night. Cass, i thought was okay. i liked that he was harder and darker, but he couldn't build and hit the crowd like Dave Ralph, which made it too bad that he followed. i was thinking Cass' music was a little repetitive and couldn't get me moving as much as i should have been. and that's when Danny came to my mind and wouldn't leave me alone. i started going nuts thinking about Danny's music and what he was doing over at Vinyl. i seriously tried to stop thinking about it, but Danny's Twilo legacy was overshadowing Cass' set in my head

to convince shadowchaser, i said to him, "remember this? *singing:* 'sweet dreams are made of these; who had a mind to disagree; i travel the world and the seven seas; everybody is looking for something...' don't you want to hear Danny???" well, it didn't take much, and mattyparsons, my friend, trippintrance64, and majesticmelodi were convinced too, that we wanted Danny

but, we get there, hear it's packed, the line is barely moving, and so we decide to come back in a bit. then a little later, we hear the doors were closed and cops were called to get the people off the sidewalk. we came to my place for a bit to consider trying the door in an hour or so (if they might do a DT/CC door thing and reopen in a while)

wow, this must be the longest post i've written. you see, that's what happens when deanna11 doesn't spend enough energy dancing

anyway, someone please reply about if they actually did open again later. if they did and you're home early enough to let me know, i'm running over there

everyone i convinced to leave Twilo, i'm really really really sorry. we were much better off at Twilo than out of a club while it was still dark. i'll try to somehow make it up to you guys. i'm so sorry. THIS IS WHY DEANNA11 DOESN'T, AND SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO, MAKE DECISIONS

"...and everytime I'm close to you

there's too much I can't say

and you just walk away

and I forgot to tell you

i love you

and the night's too long

and cold here

without you

i grieve in my condition

for I cannot find the words to say

I need you so..."

crackhead

shoulda fucked twilo and came to vinyl from the get go. deep dish put on an opening set clinic. i swear dj wannabees were taking notes on that set. my fuckin jaw was on the ground. deep dish is no fuckin joke. danny came on and delivered as usual. had a funky twist all night, very chunky basslines, tribal drums all over the place, and vocals. off to pappa & cusick tonite. no rest for the muzik heads...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Originally posted by deanna11:

AW FUNK!! i was loving it. Nalin was great, but Dave Ralph was EXCEPTIONAL! first time in a long time i've heard trance at Twilo that wasn't cheesy. it was very real. Dave Ralph was awesome; should've been spinning the whole night. Cass, i thought was okay. i liked that he was harder and darker, but he couldn't build and hit the crowd like Dave Ralph, which made it too bad that he followed. i was thinking Cass' music was a little repetitive and couldn't get me moving as much as i should have been. and that's when Danny came to my mind and wouldn't leave me alone. i started going nuts thinking about Danny's music and what he was doing over at Vinyl. i seriously tried to stop thinking about it, but Danny's Twilo legacy was overshadowing Cass' set in my head

to convince shadowchaser, i said to him, "remember this? *singing:* 'sweet dreams are made of these; who had a mind to disagree; i travel the world and the seven seas; everybody is looking for something...' don't you want to hear Danny???" well, it didn't take much, and mattyparsons, my friend, trippintrance64, and majesticmelodi were convinced too, that we wanted Danny

but, we get there, hear it's packed, the line is barely moving, and so we decide to come back in a bit. then a little later, we hear the doors were closed and cops were called to get the people off the sidewalk. we came to my place for a bit to consider trying the door in an hour or so (if they might do a DT/CC door thing and reopen in a while)

wow, this must be the longest post i've written. you see, that's what happens when deanna11 doesn't spend enough energy dancing

anyway, someone please reply about if they actually did open again later. if they did and you're home early enough to let me know, i'm running over there

everyone i convinced to leave Twilo, i'm really really really sorry. we were much better off at Twilo than out of a club while it was still dark. i'll try to somehow make it up to you guys. i'm so sorry. THIS IS WHY DEANNA11 DOESN'T, AND SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO, MAKE DECISIONS

and you just walk away

and I forgot to tell you

i love you

and the night's too long

and cold here

without you

i grieve in my condition

I need you so..."

yeah, Deanna summed it all up...i had a blast...Nalin, Ralph and Cass kicked ass!

Warren and Sander is up next...

Oh...and Deanna...i'll get those wings for ya sometime...ya deserve them... wink.gif

------------------

nothing is real. . .but me. . .

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by danwang:

Quite a good night, at least early on...

The turnout was good, but not overly crowded like the last PvD night, or Tiesto at Limelight.

Andry Nalin opened up the night, followed by Dave Ralph (at around 1:40 am), and both delivered great sets that passed the time quickly. Ralph played two buildups that really had the crowd jumping, almost exactly an hour apart. The first was at around 2:30 (with "Music" being chanted), the second was near the end of his set.

At around 3:30, the next DJ came on, and before his set, stopped the music to allow the crowd to applaud Ralph. Was this Justin Scott/Aria/Voyager? I thought it was before I checked the schedule, but then I checked again and saw Cass listed. However, I heard Cass back in December (with Anthony Pappa), and the sound was quite different this time, so I'm going to guess that it was Scott. His spinning was good, but the stuff he started out with killed off the energy that Ralph's floorfilling set created. I never saw the place so empty at 4 am as I did this time. However, the people were on the floor seemed to keep a good vibe.

It's too bad that Dave Ralph didn't go longer. I thought he could have easily kept the place hopping until sunrise. Did he have to be somewhere?

Two other observations:

1. Did anyone see these cops come in at around 11:30 pm? Does anyone know what that was all about?

2. There were these 3 ladies who spent some time dancing on the speakers to the left of the DJ booth, and apparently they attracted enough attention to get invited to the DJ booth. Did anyone else notice this?

I left at around 5 am. For those who stuck around, how late did things go?

Nope, pretty sure the man after Ralph was Cass. But they were all pretty good, with Ralph being the best. I'm still obsessively happy that Cass played "Put your headphones on"

You're right though, I thought the stuff that started the sets were wayy hard and threw things off track. But well, eventually it all ended well. And I didn't notice the cops but my friend got busted for dealing certs...hehehehehe......

The night essentially ended at 7:30 and it was good till the end. Funny thing was, Sandra Collins was lounging around in the DJ booth. Anyone else saw her?

Great night all around and a nice change from the traumatically large crowd at PvD.......

NFG

------------------

If I threw you off the top of the world, would you learn how to fly for me?

[This message has been edited by xpander (edited 03-11-2001).]

Guest danwang

Originally posted by xpander:

Nope, pretty sure the man after Ralph was Cass. But they were all pretty good, with Ralph being the best. I'm still obsessively happy that Cass played "Put your headphones on"

So did Cass do the whole rest of the night, or did Justin Scott(/Aria/Voyager) come on at all? If so, how was his stuff?

Guest danwang

Maybe this explains why Sandra Collins was there, and it suggests that Justin Scott was indeed there...

From http://www.grooveradio.com/servlet/Feat_Page?featureID=4954

With a touring schedule like Sandra's, it's no wonder that it's difficult to find time for the studio. I'm kind of getting over touring as much. I'd like to play less, you know, and just do special parties and then have this guy right next to me [sandra's present boyfriend, producer Justin Scott, a.k.a. Voyager] teach me the studio and go into production and other areas.

and you just walk away

and I forgot to tell you

i love you

and the night's too long

and cold here

without you

i grieve in my condition

I need you so..."

Hey woman...we went to twilo b/c the line for vinyl was so long....but we went back to vinyl around 5??? i'm guessing, could've been earlier, could've been later, who the hell knows, but there was no line and it wasn't crowded at all......

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by danwang:

So did Cass do the whole rest of the night, or did Justin Scott(/Aria/Voyager) come on at all? If so, how was his stuff?

Yup, Scott closed out the night starting at around 6 or so i think. He played harder than the rest of the crowd and it was a bit less appealing to me than the rest. But he was still good. GREAK FUCKING NIGHT!!!

cwm32.gif

Nate

------------------

If I threw you off the top of the world, would you learn how to fly for me?

and you just walk away

and I forgot to tell you

i love you

and the night's too long

and cold here

without you

i grieve in my condition

I need you so..."

This is beautiful. Someone tell me where it's from?