Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sat. Review - Gemini Lounge, The Vessel, and (gulp) SF

Yep....I was part of the night, hehe, you took the words from my mouth....Barbie Dolls and Meat heads wink.gif

I did recognize one track, PistolWhip /Joshua Ryan, no clue which mix though.

The sound system at Factory sure is loud but Christ something is wrong.......I sit on the speakers in Twilo and never worry bout my hearing....Thank God for good company.....

Missincog, Ez, Powderpuff and all the others.

Well, least I can say I went and checked it out.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

OMG. . .

i would love to have yr night on tape from the moment you left Twirl on. . . must've been fun!!

mebee i'll be next to get my cherry popped at SF. . . i'll bring earplugs. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

no bullshit, no drama, just pimpin' since 1976. . .

Originally posted by noiseboy:

OMG. . .

i would love to have yr night on tape from the moment you left Twirl on. . . must've been fun!!

mebee i'll be next to get my cherry popped at SF. . . i'll bring earplugs. . . cwm35.gif

Should have seen the guy on stage, uhm, I think he was glowsticking....LOL....its like, im not very good and this guy made me look like the King..... smile.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

Gemini Lounge for Mia's bday - nice place to hang out and wait for everyone... music wise, elevator music sounds betta, but had a good time there.

Then off with a few heads to The Vessel... real ship... too real... music wise, very good, but CAN'T dance... the metal floor was slippery and the fear of a concussion didn't bode well, so then went off to...

The Sound Factory... finally devirginized. Had a great time because of the company I was with. Music wise... okay... sound system? It fucking sucks, blows the big wee wee. Four hours and my ears were ringing/bleeding. Never seen so many juice heads and barbie dolls packed into one place. Don't these people know how to hire a sound engineer?

But alas I had a great time at Cracktory because of the company I was with, I couldn't ask for better company to guide me through the third level of Dante's hell... if it weren't for them I woulda did a 180 and never looked back.

I know there are loads of SF peeps in here... God bless you all and your ears... cause you're gonna need it. When you go deaf, don't say I didn't warn you.

Conclusion: Venturing out of Twilo, my home element is very dangerous for the ears since I'm spoiled by the phazon system.

Next stop, will have to go to Vinyl... never been there... have to see what all the fuss is about with that joint. Apparently that's DT's living room... betta not be hype.

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

Here's my $.02:

Gemini: Had a great time (happy B-Day, Mia!). I didn't realize I still liked Heavy-D and the Boyz until that night.

The Vessel: This was definitely the coolest party I'd been to in a long while. It was almost like stepping into some surreal scene out of a movie (enhanced by a Doors remix that stated when we hit the "dance floor"). Unfortunately, throwing a party on a decrepid cargo ship works better on the screen than in real life. Slimy floor+protruding pipes+darkness+fog machines+party drugs=death.

SF: Relatively empty that night...which was a good thing. Unlike many SF detractors, I don't particularly have a problem with the people there. I have a problem with the music. I felt like Elmer Fudd when Buggs Bunny put a metal pot on his head and proceeded to bang it with a ladle.

Nevertheless, the most amusing thing about the whole scene was the collective narcissism of the people there: We found a relatively empty spot on the floor to the right of the main stairs. there. As soon as myrlin and ezdreamer broke out the glowsticks, there must have been about five guys that just materilaized out of nowhere to compete with them. What was even more amusing was the gaggle of other meatheads that were attracted just for the opportunity of having new people look at them. Infact, there was this one shirtless, jacked up kid who was so damn persistent that Olga see his chest that he kept repositioning himself around us while checking out of the corner of his eye if she was looking. Realizing what he was doing, Olga made a point NOT to look at him, which prompted him to to keep moving whenever she turned her head away. The truly funny thing about this kid was that he was gay (we have keen Gaydar). In addition to getting checked out by other gay men, he was looking to have his ego stroked by women who'd think he was straight.

BTW: Are all women working the SF coatcheck REQUIRED to have implants?

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

Originally posted by translucent:

Nevertheless, the most amusing thing about the whole scene was the collective narcissism of the people there: We found a relatively empty spot on the floor to the right of the main stairs. there. As soon as myrlin and ezdreamer broke out the glowsticks, there must have been about five guys that just materilaized out of nowhere to compete with them. What was even more amusing was the gaggle of other meatheads that were attracted just for the opportunity of having new people look at them.

No shit... I was wondering y our space kept getting smaller and smaller even though the dance floor had relatively loads of space.

I dunno... when I dance with my stix, I don't notice anything or anybody...

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

the VESSEL was off the hook...I loved the underground vibe there...couldn't be beat...everyone there was really into the beats, and chill as hell..met some cool peeeps....

Great music by Anthony V, Iman, and JanLo...I definately recommend NOT missing the next one...

I think you can catch these guys on Fridays at Bar B, as well....(no cover, which is nice...) I don't think its every Friday, but Anthony V said it's on for this Friday (the 16th)...so CHECK IT OUT>...... cwm17.gif