Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last Night A DJ Saved My LIfe

Anyone check out the book by that name. It is a pretty decent history of the DJ, talking about the DJ's role in many different genres from disco to hip-hop to House. It moves from the DJ being the person who could beat a drum well, around the fire, in earlier cultures to the rise of today's DJs' to rockstar like status. Its a great book.

Originally posted by dede:

Anyone check out the book by that name. It is a pretty decent history of the DJ, talking about the DJ's role in many different genres from disco to hip-hop to House. It moves from the DJ being the person who could beat a drum well, around the fire, in earlier cultures to the rise of today's DJs' to rockstar like status. Its a great book.

Yeh i confirm it is a good book, and a great song... There is also an album of the book which is pretty good for those people who don't remember the tunes of yesterday.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

yeap yeap.. great book.. i'm about half way done with it.. very informing and interesting.. keeps me entertained too smile.gifsmile.gifi dig i dig..

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." AoL: MAReLuNa

agreed smile.gif was reading it on and off for about a month, loved it the whole way through. "it's good to know where we came from" :P.

------------------

"any kind of stance or belief is in it's essence opposing to life and truth"

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

I would say the 'DJ..." book is essential reading. And on the topic of e-ssential reading, the book entitled 'Altered State - The Story of Esctasy Culture and Acid House' by Matthew Collin is about the whole rave scene in London and its connection to ecstasy - about how bringing the outdoor raves inside and 'accommodating' the non-alcoholic needs spawned all the fantastic London club scene. Both books are great.

funny- just ordered it from amazaon a couple of days ago....my girl in san fran has been raving about it for a while now...can't wait to get started on it...

(once i'm done w/ "naked": a great read there... off the subject, i know- but a really good book- hence, its popularity, i guess)....