Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Daft Punk - Discovery

I've had the album for about 2 weeks already its disco house at its finest I reccomend the buy just because "one more time" was played out doesn't make them bad producers I'd like to see you create a single that stays at the top of the billboard dance/clubplay charts for 2months cwm43.gif

------------------

Who can take tomorrow Dip it in a dream

Separate the sorrow

And collect a ball of cream

The candy man

The candy man can

The candy man can because he mixes it with love

And makes the world taste good

Its kind of like a kiddie roller coaster, up and down but never gets you so high that your stomach drops and your adrenaline rushes.

I think it's one of those albums that grows on you the more you listen it though....If you guys like Daft Punk though (older style) then I have this incredible live set Daft Punk and DJ Sneak live at El Divino Ibiza!! Soooooo GOOD!!

------------------

piss.gif

Forget the gold I want the pot at the end of the rainbow...

Uhhhh... when can I have it?! I'll trade ya!!

Originally posted by pulsedriver:

Its kind of like a kiddie roller coaster, up and down but never gets you so high that your stomach drops and your adrenaline rushes.

I think it's one of those albums that grows on you the more you listen it though....If you guys like Daft Punk though (older style) then I have this incredible live set Daft Punk and DJ Sneak live at El Divino Ibiza!! Soooooo GOOD!!

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

Yeah Pulsedriver I'd love to get a copy!

------------------

Burning...burnnnning...

Well i listened to a copy in the UK. I though it was pretty good, but it's Daft Punk it WILL grow on you.

And i am sorry but one more time is NOT a shit song. Yeh it was played out but i garantee you that song will still be played in 5 years, it builds very nicely.

It's a comercial sound yes, but it seems to me that your trying to be 'cool' by saying that comercial sound makes it crap. But that song has been hammer on the in decent clubs as well as on the radio. It still holds up and i still think it's a dam fine CATCHY song... that little word 'catchy' is one of the thing producers have difficulty creating.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Listening to it right now.......

Dont really have an opinion yet.....but it is an interesting sound.

I think its gonna grow on me.

-AZ

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

"The Futures So Bright.......I Gotta Wear Shades"

Email: Andy_Zeee@hotmail.com

AIM: AztecNY

Well said.

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Well i listened to a copy in the UK. I though it was pretty good, but it's Daft Punk it WILL grow on you.

And i am sorry but one more time is NOT a shit song. Yeh it was played out but i garantee you that song will still be played in 5 years, it builds very nicely.

It's a comercial sound yes, but it seems to me that your trying to be 'cool' by saying that comercial sound makes it crap. But that song has been hammer on the in decent clubs as well as on the radio. It still holds up and i still think it's a dam fine CATCHY song... that little word 'catchy' is one of the thing producers have difficulty creating.

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

Personally, I think ANYTHING that is not pop crap like Britney Spears or NSYNC is good in my book.

Maybe Daft Punk tried to cash in on that disco-funk-groove they found in "Homework" but "Discovery" makes me move, groove, and enjoy myself. I also agree that the radio did play out "One More Time" but that only means it was that good of a track that both the underground and the mainstream scenes got into it. We should not dis a tune just because the radio plays it.

Besides, there will always be remixes! wink.gif

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.d-jam.com" TARGET=_blank> djamfooter.gif </A>

So I am assuming everyone has signed up for their very own DAFT CLUB membership? I read their interview with URB and it seemed to be an interesting, and innovative, business venture. I've yet to buy the album since the mp3's have kept my interests moist for the time being.

Originally posted by back2basics-:

I've got no intention to sound cool by bashing it because it is successful or catchy. I really don't care if something's commercial or not, and the few times i've posted so far, i've said that I do need my cheese! But, 'One more time' with its low energy and vocoder coming a year+ after Cher, (2 years after Basement Jaxx), sounded really dated and boring to me. Actually the whole effect reminded me of the music they play with the motorized animals they have at 'Chucky Cheese's' (A children's arcade). It doesn't help that all the promotion that they've been doing for the album really came off to me that -they- were trying way too hard to be cool with their art school pseudo-ironic 80s references and still, yet not, recluse image. Just belt out the tunes, and don't try to be Les Rythmes Digitales. I respect all you guys, it's just my personal taste....

If you guys like Daft Punk though (older style) then I have this incredible live set Daft Punk and DJ Sneak live at El Divino Ibiza!! Soooooo GOOD!!

Ive seen it on napster several times. Ive only heard the beginning though...

------------------

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn...Jim Morrison

Originally posted by zoom:

I've got no intention to sound cool by bashing it because it is successful or catchy. I really don't care if something's commercial or not, and the few times i've posted so far, i've said that I do need my cheese! But, 'One more time' with its low energy and vocoder coming a year+ after Cher, (2 years after Basement Jaxx), sounded really dated and boring to me. Actually the whole effect reminded me of the music they play with the motorized animals they have at 'Chucky Cheese's' (A children's arcade). It doesn't help that all the promotion that they've been doing for the album really came off to me that -they- were trying way too hard to be cool with their art school pseudo-ironic 80s references and still, yet not, recluse image. Just belt out the tunes, and don't try to be Les Rythmes Digitales. I respect all you guys, it's just my personal taste....

What are you on about? Daft Punk is where the Cher track came from in the first place. Have you herd the first album? It's what they do, they are that 80's art pop.. that is Daft Punk. I think it's 4 years since DP used the vocoder AND if you look at nearly all new samplers or Digital recorders they all have a vocoder built in now that wasn't cher it was DP who brought it all back.

It's like saying MAW should use a latin rythem or JV should camp it up.. it's their style.

Anyway.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

discobella :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have it...and I love it!

WERD!!

Ummm, I'll Burn copies for people of the Sneak DP set. Lemme know, I dont mind!

------------------

piss.gif

Forget the gold I want the pot at the end of the rainbow...