Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD ------ Thumbs up or thumbs down ?????

Alot of people seem to diss or put down Mr van dyk...i happen to find his music amazing and fascinating....tell me why u dont like mr van dyk...whats ur beef???

------------------

Mine comes in a form of a pill and powder.

What's your......

E2Hcopyfinal.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ?

AIM: XxFUEL1xX

pvd and farting discoballs are like oil and vinegar

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I love Mr. Van dyke's work. He's one of the few DJs I love that also produce an amazing amount of work each year and also manages to do monthliers all over the world. We are lucky to have him spin at Twilo when he does. I just hate the crowd that crunches in to Twilo making it impossible to dance lately. But his music is incredible in my book. very dreamy trance that takes you on a jeourney.

I think Pvd is way overrated. He mixes for only 3 seconds. His track selection is mediocre at best. He doesnt know how to build. His production work hasnt progressed at all. A lot of people like him though. His music is simple, easily digested. Thats why Twilo gets so packed with so many different types of people when he's there. It's mostly enjoyed by people who havent listened to electronic music long. I think after enough exposure to quality music, Pvd takes a backseat to other dj's. Then after a while he's kicked to the curb chillin with Oakenfold.

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

[This message has been edited by mr.sick (edited 03-13-2001).]

Originally posted by mr.sick:

I think Pvd is way overrated. He mixes for only 3 seconds. His track selection is mediocre at best. He doesnt know how to build. His production work hasnt progressed at all. A lot of people like him though. His music is simple, easily digested. Thats why Twilo gets so packed with so many different types of people when he's there. It's mostly enjoyed by people who havent listened to electronic music long. I think after enough exposure to quality music, Pvd takes a backseat to other dj's. Then after a while he's kicked to the curb chillin with Oakenfold.

what he said

Ok...then...im still confused....i feel like so many people tend to jump the "i hate pvd club"....but why is it so damn packed when he spins....and i know for a fact that all those people who opposes him...well most...are present during that night....mmm???

::scratching head thinking::

------------------

What's your......

E2Hcopyfinal.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ?

I think his 'music' sounds like a chorus of kazoos, repetitive, hard kazoos. And not the JP kind of kazoos...it's just got no groove or soul to me. And that's my honest answer.

The farting discoball's the only thing that guy's got going for him.

BTW...exit2heaven stop causing drama. It offends me as a poster and a person

------------------

I can't dream for us all

I hope I'm in a better state when

Here & Now crumbles & falls...

Yo I've been listening to electronic shit for a loooong time kid. What I like about PVD is that it's honest melodic fluff. I love allot of other sounds but the simplicity of his produced tracks are totally recognizable anywhere. "Simple" dosen't imply bad..some of the most beautifull melodies are minimal. That's why I've heard everyone from Oakie to S&D to deepDish, David Seemen etc etc..drop a PVD track on many a nights.I've blown up to "Words" at an Oakie show in Las Vegas so I'm sure he notices too. The reason everyone and their uncle goes to Twilo is because the word is out..it was bound to happen.

He is fucking great!!!! I think he is by far one of the best. His mixing it right on, keeps you going higher and higher. He works the crowd great. I can see how some people dont like his style, but to diss him, I think your crazy. Every time I"ve heard him live or recorded live he was great and the crowd goes nuts. Just my 2 cents, club hard and thank god for Twilo. cwm11.gif

Originally posted by cazz926:

I think his 'music' sounds like a chorus of kazoos, repetitive, hard kazoos. And not the JP kind of kazoos...it's just got no groove or soul to me. And that's my honest answer.

The farting discoball's the only thing that guy's got going for him.

BTW...exit2heaven stop causing drama. It offends me as a poster and a person

NOT trying to cause drama...im just pissed off because i hear so much shit about my favortie dj and when he spins...i see the people who hates him and criticizes all the time....trooping down to see him and packing the shit out of the place.....btw..all those people are dancin their asses off!!

PVD hater of PVD playah hater????

------------------

What's your......

E2Hcopyfinal.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ?

yo, fuck that...

i got your back on this one brother..

All you PVD haters need to start listening

to hip-hop or something because you have no

idea what good music is. PVD packed in more

people at Twilo last time around than Twilo

has ever seen. Obviously there were about 3500 other people who agree with me. He is

the 3rd Best in the world... If you dont like

his style, that's cool and all. But dont dis the guy, cause he's the fuckin shit....

Twilo is lucky to have him spin there every 2 months. B/C he traffics more people than any other DJ around.....

cwm43.gif

------------------

peace, love, and double stacked zorros!!

Originally posted by deanna11:

what he said

what he said 2

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Originally posted by exit2heaven:

Ok...then...im still confused....i feel like so many people tend to jump the "i hate pvd club"....but why is it so damn packed when he spins....and i know for a fact that all those people who opposes him...well most...are present during that night....mmm???

::scratching head thinking::

LCD......Lowest Common Denominator..... in countries where the 'scene' is more evolved than here PVD, like Oakey and Pete Tong, are considered commercial dee jays.

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Originally posted by dszorro:

yo, fuck that...

i got your back on this one brother..

All you PVD haters need to start listening

to hip-hop or something because you have no

idea what good music is. PVD packed in more

people at Twilo last time around than Twilo

has ever seen. Obviously there were about 3500 other people who agree with me. He is

the 3rd Best in the world... If you dont like

his style, that's cool and all. But dont dis the guy, cause he's the fuckin shit....

Twilo is lucky to have him spin there every 2 months. B/C he traffics more people than any other DJ around.....

cwm43.gif

so lot's of people like it, so it must be good.

right

cwm13.gif

------------------

What my man DSZORRO SAID!!! BIZNITCHEZZZ !!! cwm1.gif

This simple...if u dont like pvd...DONT GO SEE HIM!!!!! ill see all of u guys april the 13th...and i mean all of you....yes even those "PVD SUX" people...ill bug with all of u!! cwm30.gif

------------------

What's your......

E2Hcopyfinal.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally posted by exit2heaven:

What my man DSZORRO SAID!!! BIZNITCHEZZZ !!! cwm1.gif

This simple...if u dont like pvd...DONT GO SEE HIM!!!!! ill see all of u guys april the 13th...and i mean all of you....yes even those "PVD SUX" people...ill bug with all of u!! cwm30.gif

Gotta agree wit my boys PVD definetly gets a thumbs UP!!!!.....and to all u PVD hatas dont worry about it I promise I'll bring enough blowpops for u guys on the 2 yr anniversary !!!

cwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

" bass in ur f...bass in ur fa...BASS IN UR FACE LONDON "

" Directions DIrections.." - GrOOve

PLUR!!!

aim:clubhead32

First of all I think he is super cute smile.gif)) No seriously... I went to Twilo some time ago to see him... It was in in winter and I really liked it but not wform beginning. I liked the second half of his set more.. I haven´t seen him spin since that time so I can´t tell now. But I will see his performance again soon so he better be in the right mood !! smile.gif

------------------

AIM amallkavila

I miss a lot of things in my life... but the most of all..... I miss NEW YORK!!!

unicornx1.gif